Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 20:19   #1
God Member

Watch your own heart attack

The Official British Heart Foundation Blog: Watch your own heart attack to help save the life you love

Anyone watching this now on ITV?
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2008, 22:28   #2
God Member

Re: Watch your own heart attack

Awwww wanted to watch that.. damn missed it grrrrr
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 23:00   #3
Resting in Peace

Chose to ignore it I'm afraid .. 'head in sand' syndrome. Sooner watch somebody else's .
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 23:03   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Chose to ignore it I'm afraid .. 'head in sand' syndrome. Sooner watch somebody else's .
Had two.....still here..........by the grace of God....and medicine.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:18   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Had two.....still here..........by the grace of God....and medicine.
Medicine is the spice of life Roy, well it has been for me for many years, its no wonder I keep shouting at the ticker KEEP GOING YOU FOOL
Old 11-08-2008, 13:46   #6
God Member

I watched it. I had been waiting for it as I had heard it advertised on the radio several times in the week

Appparently many people die of heart attacks unneccesarily. If they'd recognised the symptoms earlier and got themselves to hospital they could have been saved. Due to not being aware of the symptoms and sitting there waiting for the pains to go away they are signing their own death warrant.

It showed what you would feel if having a heart attack and when dizziness was mentioned the picture on screen started spinning round like the room would.

Hopefully this will result in people ringing for an ambulance sooner if they supect a heart attack.
The advert was only 2 mins long
Old 11-08-2008, 14:07   #7

My head's been spinning for ages...and couple of days ago i had chest pains.

Dont think im having a heart attack though, thankfully...then again, i dont know.

I'm only 27, so for me to walk into A+E and say "I think im having a heartattack" might be abit of a waste of time. Especially seeing as other people might genuinley need medical help. I think thats why people choose to ignore the symptoms because they dont wanna waste hospital staffs time.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?

Last edited by Mick; 11-08-2008 at 14:46.
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 14:12   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny27 View Post
Holy ******! My head's been spinning for ages...and couple of days ago i had chest pains.

Dont think im having a heart attack though, thankfully...then again, i dont know.

I'm only 27, so for me to walk into A+E and say "I think im having a heartattack" might be abit of a waste of time. Especially seeing as other people might genuinley need medical help. I think thats why people choose to ignore the symptoms because they dont wanna waste hospital staffs time.
Age is nothing to do with it, Danny.

I know someone who died last year aged 28. He had a heart attack right out of the blue, no previous illness....it was a massive shock. It can happen to anyone though, you never know.

I think you're right though when you say that people ignore the symptoms thinking it's nothing serious and they'll be wasting time....these are the people that this advert was trying to reach.

The message is that if you suspect a heart attack don't hang about, get to hospital now!!!
Old 11-08-2008, 14:25   #9

I think i'm light-headed cos its so stuffy in this office. And i've been going up-and-down filling stuff into the filling cabinets for ages.

I promise, if it gets worse i'll check into the a+e.
My chest isnt hurting btw lol

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
Old 11-08-2008, 14:37   #10
Senior Member+

your chest might not hurt, the pain can be elsewhere, like you arm.....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 14:43   #11

No, no pain anywhere. Im sure its nothing lol
Off home now, gonna go lie down.
Seeya tomorrow people

P.s... thanks for your concern, good to know people actually care on here

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 11-08-2008, 16:23   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny27 View Post
No, no pain anywhere. Im sure its nothing lol
Off home now, gonna go lie down.
Seeya tomorrow people

P.s... thanks for your concern, good to know people actually care on here
Its a little too late danny when your name appears in the hatched matched and dispatched column of the Acc Obs. 5 weeks ago I had dizzy spells and pins and needles in the arms and accross my chest, went into the Royal and it appeared I had a touch of pneumonia, you never know. By the way I had a mate who had an heart attack at twenty one, he was a good mate

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..