Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 05:56   #1
Junior Member+

Red face We need more women taxi drivers!!!

Well impressed I must say, its the first time i have ever got into a taxi driven by a lady and i must admit that she made mefeel so much safer (even though i was not alone). who says women drivers are crap? well, she was a better driver than most local taxi drivers that i have been with! its good to see a lady driver cos like my mum who is old pensioner would actually feel safe and not worry
WE NEED MORE WOMEN DRIVERS!!!

The lady driver picked us up and i will be asking for her every time now even if i have to wait. but i cant remember the taxi firm or the number or even her name!!! i was too mesmerised!!!

i got picked up from town to baxenden and it only cost me £2 which Max Cabs usually cost me £3 so i gave her a £2 tip!
i think its great and will make older folk, children and females feel much more safer!!
its about time we had a change from asain men all the time cos a lot of them are very creepy!
im sure that some people wont agree with me but i bet some will. well i think she is brave and i hope that idiots of accy dont give her a hard time.

my problem isthat me and my friend cant remember which number we rang and all we know is that its not maxcabs. the driver told us that it was new firm. any one know of the latest taxi firms?? i think its based on blackburn rd or whalley rd but not sure.

HOORAY FOR WOMEN TAXIS!!!
JUICY RED APPLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2009, 07:28   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: We need more women taxi drivers!!!

The above is sponsored by:-

Free Women from the chains of the kitchen sink Brigade.

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you will fit right in.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:50   #3
Senior Member+

I agree with whats being said i think there should be more Women Taxi drivers, but get the impression the post may just be a gentle "shoe-in" for an advertisement...not directly of course, but hoping someone will know the name and thus start some promotion!! But hey, like i say i think other women would like the option of being able to use women taxi drivers, so would probably be good to know which firm it was!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:01   #4
Beacon of light

Ma uses Taxis quite a bit, and she will not use any taxis other than Hyndburn Taxis......she lives in a place where there isn't a road, just a dirt track.....but they have never once failed to go up there to pick her up.......they help her carry her shopping, and make sure she is safe inside the house before they leave.
Last Christmas one of their Drivers called up at the house with a box of mince pies for Ma...he had remembered her saying that she loved mince pies.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:03   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I agree with whats being said i think there should be more Women Taxi drivers, but get the impression the post may just be a gentle "shoe-in" for an advertisement...not directly of course, but hoping someone will know the name and thus start some promotion!! But hey, like i say i think other women would like the option of being able to use women taxi drivers, so would probably be good to know which firm it was!

Best Regards - Taggy
Well spotted Taggy exactly my thoughts, after all if she was enthusing and praising this Lady, what would she (taxi driver), have done? She'd have given her a card with the taxi firms number on it, taxi's always have hundreds of them ready for happy customers.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:36   #6
Resting in Peace

My first thoughts were SPAM, and I haven't changed my mind, I always use Hyndburn Cars, who incidentally have some women drivers
Old 07-08-2009, 08:57   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
My first thoughts were SPAM, and I haven't changed my mind, I always use Hyndburn Cars, who incidentally have some women drivers
Yes jaysay, still, it's not a bad topic but did you notice the touch of racism that crept in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICY RED APPLE View Post

its about time we had a change from asain men all the time cos a lot of them are very creepy!
I think she should come back on and state that some white men can also be creepy it would only be fair.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:45   #8
Resting in Peace

Am impressed by this company. Was featured not long ago in a news item .. was some legal controversy about the way they were operating ... can't remember what it was though ... nothing dark or anthing. Think that is why they have to have a membership and donations to charity.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Merseyside | Star launches women only cab firm
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26   #9
God Member

Well the controversy would surely be the blatant sexism in their employing of staff.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:42   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Well the controversy would surely be the blatant sexism in their employing of staff.

Could be Andrew ... oh hek, can't remember .. I know they were continuing to operate without charging until the situation was resolved.

Anyway, doubt whether many men would apply due to the uniform Maybe Mick though .. .he could bring his own.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:17   #11
Give, give, give member

Someone might come on with the number of a local cab firm that has in it's employ 'creepy' Asian women drivers.

That'll fox the thread starter.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:38   #12
God Member

the wife was surprised how many women taxi drivers there are up here in scotland..
Old 07-08-2009, 12:20   #13
Beacon of light

Whilst this thread may have been an advertisment ploy, it has raised an interesting subject for discussion.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:44   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Whilst this thread may have been an advertisment ploy, it has raised an interesting subject for discussion.
agree nowt wrong with the subject, but highly dodgy to me fer a first post on a new forum. so unless theres more info etc from the starter, one i shall ignore.
Old 07-08-2009, 15:25   #15
God Member

Aw ... let's just kick back and watch "Carry on Cabby" ... a little bit of Sid James and Hattie Jaques.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..