Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2011, 18:58   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Weekly Bin Collections

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I can't see how where you live is any different from the flats/houses at St. Paul's, who have lidded wheelie bins.

Weekly or fortnightly, wheelie bins are better, and more hygenic than sacks, regardless of how often they're collected.

You should find out who your councillor is, and get them on to it.

Been there done that got the bloody Tshirt. Our set out is totally different than St. Pauls Rindi, its all flaged with some fencing, on Mallard its all grassed with nowhere really to put wheelie bins
Old 30-09-2011, 19:00   #17
God Member

i was told during my inquiries into the clinical waste fiasco that it was too expensive to return to weekly collections like others in the area have.

although i would welcome weekly collections back i can not see how cameron can justify spending this money when he is reducing councils budgets and forcing people out of work.I would rather see people keep their jobs as much as i would liek weekly collections back i cant see the justification

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 19:03   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I didn't know you still had sacks.

Why can't you have communal wheelie bins, like they have at the homes at St. Paul's?

Best thing ever, wheelie bins, for being dog, cat, fox proof, and for keeping smells under a lid.
near me the council give some households red sacks for extra waste but when i ring up asking about these mysterious red sacks all existence of them is denied.These households have wheeliebins etc and the red sacks/bags

from what i can see through them as they are opaque its just standard waste

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 19:12   #19

Apart from agreeing with jaysay, I would prefer the recycling be collected weekly, after reviewing what we were binning 12 months ago my recycling is always full to bursting by collection day but wheelie isn't too.bad, I would love proper recyling containers that could be kept outside, my kitchen looks a blummin mess with all my recyling, anyone got any good outdoor containers they use instead of their kitchens?
Old 30-09-2011, 19:44   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
near me the council give some households red sacks for extra waste but when i ring up asking about these mysterious red sacks all existence of them is denied.These households have wheeliebins etc and the red sacks/bags

from what i can see through them as they are opaque its just standard waste
Perhaps you get a red sack if you regularly dismember bodies.

Go and have a root when you next see one.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 20:08   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylee View Post
Apart from agreeing with jaysay, I would prefer the recycling be collected weekly, after reviewing what we were binning 12 months ago my recycling is always full to bursting by collection day but wheelie isn't too.bad, I would love proper recyling containers that could be kept outside, my kitchen looks a blummin mess with all my recyling, anyone got any good outdoor containers they use instead of their kitchens?
Learn to cook.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 20:15   #22
Senior Member+

I didn't like the fortnightly collections at first, but have now got used to them, but I have heard on the grapevine that it is being discussed if it would be possible to introduce a food waste collection bin. This could have the possibility to be a bit pongy, especially if as garinda suggests you dismember bodies on a regular basis.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 20:18   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I questioned this time and again, from what I can gather there was a stumbling block over who's responsibility it was to provide the cash for the bases HH or HBC, but anything would be better than what we have now I'll settle for weekly collections

Sounds like stupidity by Officers that. I pay council tax and they gave me a bin and empty it.

I assume you pay council tax so they should give you a bin and empty it.

I dont see why it has anything to do with Hyndburn Homes at all.
Old 30-09-2011, 20:45   #24
God Member

we asked for a growth plan ,a plan b and all we got was rubbish
Old 30-09-2011, 22:01   #25

On a personal level I'm happy with the fortnightly collection now, what with the recycling we sometimes go a month before putting the wheelie bin out, there is only two of us in the house tho
Old 30-09-2011, 22:13   #26
Give, give, give member

Before the announcement today, that despite all the cut backs the government are providing £250 million to aid a return to weekly collections, the government insisted earlier this year that there had been no increase in poor hygiene.

Today Eric Pickles was rattling on that the move is because of health issues.

I smell a rat, and it's not just because lardy Eric was sweating like a gerbil in Richard Gere's apartment, whilst interviewed on the news.

Old 30-09-2011, 22:21   #27
Senior Member+

Pickles thinks this is a decision which matters more to the public than other services, such as looking after the vulnerable & the elderly!

If he's right then its a sad reflection on todays society! However i dont think he's right so its a sadder reflection of what this Government thinks will make it more popular!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 22:27   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Pickles thinks this is a decision which matters more to the public than other services, such as looking after the vulnerable & the elderly!

If he's right then its a sad reflection on todays society! However i dont think he's right so its a sadder reflection of what this Government thinks will make it more popular!

Best Regards - Taggy
Agreed.

From the people interviewed on the news, this isn't the (costly) vote winner they think it is.

Sure, folks grumbled when the present system was introduced, but most have got used to, and even prefer it.

As jobs and services are being slashed, the general public know where the 250 million quid could be much better spent.

Old 30-09-2011, 22:28   #29

Saw Pickles on the news, he mentioned the health part but his last reason supporting the weekly collection was that "people understand it"

Just how stupid does he think folk are ?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:28   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
we asked for a growth plan ,a plan b and all we got was rubbish
Is that all your own work no link

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..