Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010, 13:56   #61
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Well done, Graham Jones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Where is Graham now, anyway? Is he still in Accy or is he down here in the smoke?

If he is not in Accy then how will he vote who is to be the next Leader of HBC?

Does he have to be at that vote to use his vote? If so Labour could be missing a very important and needed vote.
Old 11-05-2010, 14:00   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If he is not in Accy then how will he vote who is to be the next Leader of HBC?

Does he have to be at that vote to use his vote? If so Labour could be missing a very important and needed vote.
Err....I've already asked that question. That vote will not take place until 18th May....it's what's happening in Westminster today and possibly tomorrow that's important. Unless, of course previous information is incorrect and HBC meets tonight.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 14:18   #63
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Err....I've already asked that question. That vote will not take place until 18th May...
What was the answer to that question then please?
Old 11-05-2010, 20:42   #64
Senior Member+

I will be in London tomorrow, back here Thursday. They want me to collect security passes, be informed about the new MPs expenses rules and be shown around.

The whips via Jack Straw (who has been helpful) made contact to gather my view on the situation and my view was that was against a Lib-Lab pact. As much as I want a progressive coalition there were to many hurdles. Significantly the two parties did not have a majority and Labour has no leader and would have an unelected Prime Minister should it form a pact.

The District Council is finely balanced and is meeting on the 18th. Parliament may now meet the week after. I am expecting a letter this week confirming details.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 20:55   #65
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
my view was that was against a Lib-Lab pact. As much as I want a progressive coalition there were to many hurdles. Significantly the two parties did not have a majority and Labour has no leader and would have an unelected Prime Minister should it form a pact.
Well said!
Old 11-05-2010, 21:56   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
my view was that was against a Lib-Lab pact. As much as I want a progressive coalition there were to many hurdles. Significantly the two parties did not have a majority and Labour has no leader and would have an unelected Prime Minister should it form a pact.
would have been very suprised if ya had wanted owt else. going off the statement released tonight from the lib-dems, Labours negotiating team did nowt to intimate they wanted a deal either. which may suprise some, sure as hell dont suprise me.
Old 11-05-2010, 22:51   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
would have been very suprised if ya had wanted owt else. going off the statement released tonight from the lib-dems, Labours negotiating team did nowt to intimate they wanted a deal either. which may suprise some, sure as hell dont suprise me.
Just goes to show how the Tory press.. yes I do mean the Tory press "reporting".. blatant propaganda... according to the papers Labour were promising the Lib-Dems everything, lock stock and barrel in a desperate attempt to cling on to power.
Graham Jones post just about sums things up... a Labour-Lib Dem pact was never on...there would have been an outcry from the electorate and certianly the media, a pact would not have lasted out the year.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 22:59   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

what would be really funny now the queen has confirmed Clegg as deputy P.M. would be if he don't get the vote he needs off his oppos.
Old 11-05-2010, 23:00   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Just goes to show how the Tory press.. yes I do mean the Tory press "reporting".. blatant propaganda... according to the papers Labour were promising the Lib-Dems everything, lock stock and barrel in a desperate attempt to cling on to power.
Graham Jones post just about sums things up... a Labour-Lib Dem pact was never on...there would have been an outcry from the electorate and certianly the media, a pact would not have lasted out the year.
yeh mancie, but how many swallowed the crap from the press?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:09   #70
God Member

Quote:
I will be in London tomorrow, back here Thursday. They want me to collect security passes, be informed about the new MPs expenses rules and be shown around.
..and collect your new laptop. Be careful not to leave it on the train coming back to Accy.

One question for you, Graham.....have you been allocated your new office yet? See if you can bag one in Portcullis House, rather than the Norman Shaw or Parliament Street offices. Whichever - just make sure you've got a good, visible window so that people can see the Stanley flag you'll be hanging from it.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 22:45   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
..and collect your new laptop. Be careful not to leave it on the train coming back to Accy.

One question for you, Graham.....have you been allocated your new office yet? See if you can bag one in Portcullis House, rather than the Norman Shaw or Parliament Street offices. Whichever - just make sure you've got a good, visible window so that people can see the Stanley flag you'll be hanging from it.
I have not collected anything as yet. Don't really want one of their laptops or blackberries. Didn't take any IT from County Hall either cept Blackberry. Use my own iPhone for everything on HBC contract. (excluding personal calls)

They have not allocated rooms as yet. I am thinking of taking on a researcher.Accomodation is the next priority. We have done a lot to wash up the election details and begin to plan for the future.
Old 12-05-2010, 22:47   #72
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I have not collected anything as yet. Don't really want one of their laptops or blackberries. Didn't take any IT from County Hall either cept Blackberry. Use my own iPhone for everything on HBC contract. (excluding personal calls)

They have not allocated rooms as yet. I am thinking of taking on a researcher.Accomodation is the next priority. We have done a lot to wash up the election details and begin to plan for the future.
Were you there for the big photograph of new intake MPs?

They showed it on the news at ten, but only for a minute, so didn't spot you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 18:16   #73
Senior Member+

Yes. I am meeting Jon Cruddas soon for a chat. I hav given a quote to the Sunday Times saying I hoped Ben Bradshaw would put his name forward an that we had a wide, varied and thought provoking leadership contest.

I spoke with David Milliband who is an exceptional talent. The new rules on expenses are very bureaucratic.
Old 13-05-2010, 18:50   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Were you there for the big photograph of new intake MPs?

They showed it on the news at ten, but only for a minute, so didn't spot you.
Never met Graham but from the photos I've seen pretty sure he was in the middle of the next to the back row.
Old 13-05-2010, 19:18   #75
God Member

Quote:

Blackberry, eh ... finally, some Canadian content
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..