Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 19:47   #16
God Member

Re: Well Done Mrs Gillen

what do you mean WHEN we are the minority....huh
Old 04-04-2009, 21:20   #17
Senior Member+

theres only 2 or 3 asian families at tylers school...

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 20:28   #18

Now you know the reason i am getting out of here, we are no longer the majority, it is trying to be turned into an Islam state, can't remember what they call it, but if you are homosexual or commit adultery, or even leave your husband, then they have the right to stone you
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 20:33   #19
God Member

well said V
Old 05-04-2009, 20:43   #20
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
Now you know the reason i am getting out of here, we are no longer the majority
Don't run away, stay and fight

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 20:43   #21
God Member

It's very easy to turn this into a 'racist' issue but it shouldn't be.

I absolutely believe in anyone's right to wear what they want to wear, but you have to wear what is appropriate at any given time. For instance, if a mother had turned up wearing a bikini then again, the headteacher would have had the right to ask the mother to wear the appropriate clothing.

The mother should know what is appropriate clothing for the situation and not make a fuss about it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 20:46   #22

I have been fighting for this country since the day i went into the Army, even carried on when i came out, in my own way, not getting anywhere, had enough now.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 20:47   #23
Beacon of light

I don't see it as a racist issue. It is a security issue. The head teacher has to know who is in her school. You recognise people by being able to see their face.
You cannot recognise someone who wishes to hide their face from view.
The head teacher did everything she could to sensitively address the issues and this mother chose not to take advantage of the offer, so in my book she has absolutely no right to complain.
In fact in my eyes, she was inciting racial unrest by her actions.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 20:49   #24
God Member

a security issue that this woman has turned into a racist issue? (this woman being the one who got banned from the school)

typical
Old 05-04-2009, 20:59   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
All schools have to take a percentage of asian pupils regardless of the religion they follow
Do you have some a link to back that up? When I read the entry details for schools before my son went last year I did not remember seeing that. In fact only children whos parents attended church weekly got a place at St Chris's last year. The only exception might be if the child has special needs that only that school can cater for. I doubt that would be the case here though.
Old 05-04-2009, 21:01   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I hope that by making the above statement it is clear that I am not being racist.

People's faces have to be seen to gain entry to schools.

No exceptions.
I always wonder about this when I see ladies picking up their children at my daughters nursery dress like that. How do the staff know who is picking up the children?
Old 05-04-2009, 21:03   #27
Beacon of light

How do the tots recognise their mother?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 21:05   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Do you have some a link to back that up? When I read the entry details for schools before my son went last year I did not remember seeing that. In fact only children whos parents attended church weekly got a place at St Chris's last year. The only exception might be if the child has special needs that only that school can cater for. I doubt that would be the case here though.
No Neil I don't have a link but my sister works in the nursery at Sacred Heart School and she told me that they have to take a certain percentage of Asian children irrelevant as to the religion they follow. Maybe it is different for secondary schools.
Old 05-04-2009, 22:26   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

there was n arrogant cow on the news the other day, saying she was just a normal mum, oblivious to the fact she was missing the whole point of the ruling= How the hell do they know that? in this day n age security oer kids must take precedence.
Old 05-04-2009, 22:59   #30
God Member

it's got nothing to do with race.. or religion... most of the women that choose to wear a veil do so by thier own choice and probley think nothing of it..but it's just not an acceptable practice here...if anyone walked around with a mask on they would soon be pulled up and be questioned.

Last edited by Mancie; 05-04-2009 at 23:05.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..