Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 12:27   #1
God Member

Well Done Mrs Gillen

Mum banned from Blackburn school event for wearing veil (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2009, 12:29   #2
God Member

Re: Well Done Mrs Gillen

Saw that at work last night

Should think so too

Ya wouldn't get away with wearing a balaclava
Old 04-04-2009, 14:06   #3
God Member

Yes, i agree, well done Mrs Gillen, my kids, although not catholic, attend a catholic school, so hence they pray etc as catholics do, I am not about to go and ask for them to be treated any differently, so why should anybody else, and particularly a completely different faith?
Old 04-04-2009, 14:10   #4
God Member

Quote:
The woman, who does not want to be named, was wearing a full veil, which covers every part of the body except the eyes.
dosnt want to be named and dosnt want to be seen

why the hell did she bother turning up pmsl

although the wearing of these things comes with many excuses it is an outdated practice and belongs in the dark ages and has no place in a modern society where we are supposed to be equal

you can respect your husband without covering your whole body and to be honest if it is a sign of respect then why arnt the men made to wear veils also to show tehir respect

seems allah is a bit of a hypocryt but then again all religious gods are guilty of that

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 04-04-2009 at 14:15.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 14:54   #5
Resting in Peace

Well if this woman wants her kids to be brought up in a faith school not of her own than abide by their rules or sod off, simple as that
Old 04-04-2009, 16:37   #6
God Member

Much respect to the headteacher.

We can't have folk wandering round schools with their faces covered no matter what it is they're covering themselves with or why.

It could be anybody, a maniac, under there.
Old 04-04-2009, 17:06   #7
God Member

you are aware that by merely bringing up the subject of veils accyweb will be tarred as a racist site again

infact teh last time i think we got called racist nazis

i am no part german

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 04-04-2009, 18:36   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post

We can't have folk wandering round schools with their faces covered no matter what it is they're covering themselves with or why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
you are aware that by merely bringing up the subject of veils accyweb will be tarred as a racist site again
I hope that by making the above statement it is clear that I am not being racist.

People's faces have to be seen to gain entry to schools.

No exceptions.
Old 04-04-2009, 18:40   #9
God Member

i agree , if you have to take off your helmet to enter a mere petrol station then you should have to show your face to enter a school

the veil is partly to prevent others lusting after them which i cant see been the main adjenda at a school

perhaps the womans face was so ugly it would scare the children

Last edited by accyman; 04-04-2009 at 18:42.
Old 04-04-2009, 18:41   #10
Beacon of light

According to the newspaper article, the Head teacher offered this mother an opportunity to use an office to see her childs teacher privately....this mother refused......I think the head teacher did the only thing that she could to safeguard the many.
This mother may be genuine, but because her face cannot be seen, no-one can be sure exactly who she is....or even if 'she' is a she.

If the mother is not satisfied that the head teacher had the safety of the children in mind when she carried out this rule, then the mother should take her child out of that school and place it where she feels it would be better.
Personally, I can't see why a muslim mother would want her child to go to a Catholic Faith school in the first place.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 18:42   #11
Senior Member+

i dont usually agree with these stories but this time i kinda do, childrens safety is more important imo

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 19:26   #12
God Member

my nephew goes to this school, he's catholic, i put this school down for Reece's first choice, we arent catholic.....he didnt get in.........makes you wonder how non catholic asians can get into catholic schools doesnt it FFFFFFFFFFF
Old 04-04-2009, 19:29   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
my nephew goes to this school, he's catholic, i put this school down for Reece's first choice, we arent catholic.....he didnt get in.........makes you wonder how non catholic asians can get into catholic schools doesnt it FFFFFFFFFFF
All schools have to take a percentage of asian pupils regardless of the religion they follow
Old 04-04-2009, 19:32   #14
God Member

yeah but i think its discriminating against white non catholics, i think its pathetic

and the percentage of non catholic asians who get into catholic schools is a lot higher than non catholic whites
Old 04-04-2009, 19:46   #15
God Member

dont worry flashy , when we are the minority i am sure the same courtesys will be given to us as we have laveshed upon them

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..