Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Less

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2016, 22:07   #1

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Well hoorah...HBC

Hyndburn chief hails council's "remarkable achievement" after freezing council tax - Accrington Observer

Yay....good old labour council, keeping council tax down...well ain't that a vote winning headline..but..

Hey guys I want service, and if it costs me a little bit more I'm willing to pay.

Same paper, same day...

Bins will go uncollected for A MONTH, after blizzards cause havoc - Accrington Observer

'Council bosses say that another collection cannot be coordinated due to timings and costs'

'A council spokesperson said that 4,000 text messages were sent to residents affected by the waste and recycling disruption'

I didn't get one, my bin is still at the top of my path? Will I be fined by one of your jobsworths if I leave it there until its emptied in two weeks time?

Oh and note..Great Harwood and Rishton aren't affected..no prizes for guessing where the bulk of the Labour council hierarchy reside.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:52   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Well hoorah...HBC

We are in the same position only its recycling week
On there website it said they would not be collecting owing to the snow and would be next collected at the usual time next recycling week which of course means we have 2 full bags waiting to be emptied and will be a month they do say they will collect an extra bag on that day
Funny I got my meds delivered from chemist and he said he was not having any problems and plenty of traffic up and down the street
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:38   #3
Senior Member+

I was one of those that got the text -
"Due to dangerous driving conditions there is no recycling collection today. We regret we cannot reschedule but will take extra bags on your next collection day."
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:11   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Have they not got any council run winter services such as snow ploughs & gritters over there?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:17   #5

Beggars belief
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 13:25   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Have they not got any council run winter services such as snow ploughs & gritters over there?
Got gritters but the lads copied a Council leaders example, looked out of their canteen window and said it would be impossible to go out in this!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..