Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2008, 10:14   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Well, they let me in

Congratulations Shaker, and also to everyone else who got the results they needed today.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2008, 10:16   #17

Got AAB ... really quite gutted actually - was so close to AAA and would have got £1000 a year scholarship if I had.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 10:20   #18
God Member

Well done you lot
Old 14-08-2008, 11:50   #19
Beacon of light

Well done to you all....and to those who didn't quite make it...remember it isn't the end of the world!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 12:09   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well done shaker n the rest, don't turn out like some of the last lot. good luck
Old 14-08-2008, 13:00   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well done to you all....and to those who didn't quite make it...remember it isn't the end of the world!
Absolutely second this, I dropped out of Uni after one year, I now look back on it as a high point of my education as it 'kick' started me into taking responsibility for my life. I have a very good well paid job and am more respected for my skills than my colleagues most of whom have masters degrees. experience gained in my years selling Hifi and working pubs stands me in really good stead when dealing with Project Managers, business units, geeks(a bit like drunks only more stubborn ) etc

if you didn't get the results this time you can resit or even take it as an opportunity to re-evaluate what you really want to do with your life. I went to Uni for the wrong reasons( that I had no real idea what else to do) and wish I'd taken a year out to travel etc before deciding what I want to do.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 15:02   #22
God Member

Well done everybody who completed their A levels successfully. You'll find out when you actually get to uni that the actually grades aren't important at all, unless of course you could've got the scholarship

I have had some disappointed people texting me today but I keep reminding them that it isn't the end of the world, and you can always try again or try a different route to what you want to be, or even something entirely different to what you planned.

I'm just working out my timetable for next year and it is lost of rubbish 9am starts and 6pm finishes, so I hope you have better time tables than me!

What are you all going to study and where at!?!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 16:57   #23

Hi im new to accringtonweb, i got AAA so im very happy!
Ginger457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 16:58   #24
Loz

Congratulations Ginger!!
Welcome to the madhouse!
Old 14-08-2008, 18:27   #25
Resting In Peace

well done all of you
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 21:24   #26
God Member

well done to you all

Shaker so who is going to sit on the floor playing with pots and pans with Emily now????

Good luck for the future guys and gals

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 21:28   #27
God Member

Well done everyone and good luck with your future studies..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2008, 21:37   #28
Senior Member+

Let's not forget the excellent work done by the teachers in helping students achieve these results.
Old 15-08-2008, 12:11   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Well, exams are getting easier!!
A girl on the radio yesterday who'd just got her A levels was asked what she thought of this view and she said 'people say that, but I'd like to see how they would do on the exams'

How many people who say this could really get straight A's on the exams with no problems?

I wouldn't contend that GCSE is easier than O level, but A level is a different ball game I think, and it really isn't fair to dub down the hard work that is put into studying for A levels at all.

I did rubbish in mine so I'm not trying to stick up for my own efforts at all, but I have a lot of respect for those who get straight A's.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 12:14   #30
God Member

I have a really really, really really, really really sore head.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..