Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2005, 09:02   #1
Senior Member+

Unhappy went to Mama Mia's over padiham way last night...

went there last night for a meal with my wife after it being recommended to us by several people and I have to say that I was extremely dissapointed by the lack of service by the waitress's.
When we got in we sat down in the bar area which was quite busy , got our drinks and found a seat amongst some other folk a girl cam over and plonked down a plate of pizza bread topped in cheese and walked away without saying a word - leaving us & the other folk wondering who it was for ... when we were asked to come to our table the manageress(?) asked why we hadnt eaten the pizza thingsthat were put down for us - I replied that the girl just plonked them down without a word and wandered off - to the reply of a smile , so we sat down starters came which were not bad but as soon as we had finished they were there with the main courses - hardly giving us time to put our cutlery down - and another thing that I find off putting in a restaurant is the waiting staff standing about in a group in the corner waiting for diners to finish - that is exactly what they done last night, standing watching you eat, rather than ask if everything is ok or would you like another drink... which brings me to my next point a girl walked over to our table and picked up 1 empty glass and another that wasnt empty and took them away !! - I always thought that you asked if you have finished your drink before lifting the glass and ask if you want another in the process - she just took them and went !
and the girl who was bringing the main courses didnt know what table our meals were for and for me thats bad - a good waitress/staff member should know where the customer is sitting/what meal is for what table, and after 2 minuts of walking about with our meals and then going back to the kitchen with them she brought them over, plonked on the table and away she went - no offer of black pepper or parmesan cheese - we had to ask for it - the reply we got was - oh we were doing that side first and working our way over - I replied that if we were to have waited till you got over here for the pepper/cheese we would have finished our meals !!!
we didnt bother with desert and cut the meal short - all in all I was quite dissapointed and it has to be the worst service I have encountered in a restaurant.
Now no doubt people shall reply saying that they have been and it was fantastic which is only fair but last night wasnt for me and it will be a long time before I go back... if I do.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2005, 10:50   #2
I am Banned

Re: went to Mama Mia's over padiham way last night...

There isnt a lot of good places to go out to eat, the only one i know which remains at least consistant is old mother red cap, intack. Sorry to hear u didnt have the service u expect n hope u complained to the management.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 11:16   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
There isnt a lot of good places to go out to eat, the only one i know which remains at least consistant is old mother red cap, intack. Sorry to hear u didnt have the service u expect n hope u complained to the management.
Have ben to old mother red cap before and it was spot on !
as for complaining to the manager - what goods that going to do - it down to them to tell the staff to do things correctly in the first place - if they havent started doing it properly by now thn they never will, staff doing things incorrectly = bad management
maybe I should complian about the management....
Old 23-01-2005, 11:20   #4
God Member

If you want Italian, La Veradna on the road into Haslingden is lovely. I prefer it to Papa Luigis. The Coach and Horses on Hassy old road is good english fayre.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 11:25   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
If you want Italian, La Veradna on the road into Haslingden is lovely. I prefer it to Papa Luigis. The Coach and Horses on Hassy old road is good english fayre.
have also been to La Veranda which was lovely and we regretted not going there when we got home last night.
I dont really rate pape luigis to be honest - its ok, another one I do like is Chicos - big white place .. dont know the name of the road its on but it was lovely also.
Old 23-01-2005, 11:28   #6
I am Banned

I would complain to management if i was u Glasgow Guy otherwise they would be none the wiser as to what their staff are doing to their restaurant plus how would they know if no one said owt.
Old 23-01-2005, 11:28   #7
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: went to Mama Mia's over padiham way last night...

Monte Cristo's, near to Hyndburn Sports Centre, is a good Italian restaurant.
Lettie and I have been a few times, and the service has always been friendly, efficient and courteous.
The food is of a very high standard. Between us, we can vouch for dishes on the menu.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 11:30   #8
I am Banned

Wont go n eat at Papa Luigi's heard simular to Mama Mia's, not heard of La Varanda
Old 23-01-2005, 11:31   #9
I am Banned

There's a good restaurant in Whalley wish i could remember the name of it, went there one xmas, staff was excellent n the food yummy.
Old 23-01-2005, 11:38   #10

Cool Re: went to Mama Mia's over padiham way last night...

Don't for get the longest established Italian in the area Franco's in Ossy
Old 23-01-2005, 15:08   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
Monte Cristo's, near to Hyndburn Sports Centre, is a good Italian restaurant.
Lettie and I have been a few times, and the service has always been friendly, efficient and courteous.
The food is of a very high standard. Between us, we can vouch for dishes on the menu.
Hey sparkologist - have you got the number for Monte Cristo's - I actually forgot all about that place - that can be next when we go for meal !

cheers.
Old 23-01-2005, 15:19   #12
I am Band

Click on this link. Everything you need to know is here.

http://www.192.com/search.cfm?action...57435C0F737B07

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 15:22   #13
God Member

Best place i've been for a meal is Spread Eagle at Mellor. Views while your eating, staff and food all exellent and its a Brewers Fayre so the prices are ellent too.
Old 23-01-2005, 18:22   #14

Hi glasgow guy, the number you need for Monte Cristo is 01254 238400, Monte Cristo is also one of my favourite Italians. Pack Horse is also very good.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 21:11   #15
Beacon of light

You should still make your views known to the management of the restaurant...... it is through feedback that places can improve......the fact that you have put your comments on here will have put a few people off using this establishment... the least you can do is let THEM know how dissatisfied you were with their service and give them a chance to make amends.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..