Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2006, 12:10   #61

Re: Were They Right To Object?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CusCus
Being an illegal immigrant does not deserve the death penalty.
Please read my post on WHY he was shot. Im not repeating myself.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2006, 12:11   #62
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: Were They Right To Object?

My mistake CusCus. I should have specified STRANGERS and the way they were acting at the time. This isn’t about just a foreign language but how the speakers are behaving and where.

But talking about many languages in your office is just a red herring. You KNOW the foreign speakers. No one KNEW the two men on that plane.
Old 24-08-2006, 12:50   #63
God Member

Well, there is something certainly odd about these two characters. It would appear that their trip to Malagar was a £300 day trip....a "recce" for a forthcoming holiday. They claim they had just finished exams and were stressed out, and wanted to check out this holiday destination.

As far as I am aware, Universities and Colleges finished exam sittings at least 6 weeks ago....so what were these two really up to? And what students can these days aford 300 quid for a day trip, with at most a few hours on location?

Anyway, read further in this bit from the The Guardian. This "newspaper" is, of course, the biggest apologist for terrorist attrocities in the UK, so if its coming from them, then summat was definatly up...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/...857082,00.html
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 12:57   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

£300 to malaga return, that must be on a private jet lol i have never paid more than £104 and go out 2/3 times a year, just booked for jan 07 this week £53 return. goin out in approx 5 weeks £98, not very bright students. must say though i always wear a big coat/jacket on return journey, wonder if they will throw me off.
Old 24-08-2006, 13:01   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
£300 to malaga return, that must be on a private jet lol i have never paid more than £104 and go out 2/3 times a year, just booked for jan 07 this week £53 return. goin out in approx 5 weeks £98, not very bright students. must say though i always wear a big coat/jacket on return journey, wonder if they will throw me off.
Since when did students give a monkeys about money. A piece of paper saying that you are clever dosnt mean you are.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 13:05   #66
God Member

One other point...we've seen these two jokers interviewed on TV. Have we seen any of the frightened passengers interviewed on TV? The flight crew? I think not. Where is their side of the story? Its all very reminisent of Northern Ireland in the 70's & 80's, is it not? People just to afraid to speak out.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:14   #67
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Wrong. It was engineered in order for them to receive an out-of-court settklement of £25, 000 each from Monarch Airline.

Excellent news.

I can speak in tongues and look odd.

You only get a measley ten quid per day if they lose your luggage, so this is definetely woth a go.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:24   #68
God Member

Another devil's advocate bit coming up here -

What if these two men were perfectly safe and were not a threat but the aim was to deliberately get thrown off the plane? They may get compensation, they may get the politically correct brigade saying that they were treated wrongly, etc. However, the next time that two men get on a plane and behave suspiciously the pilot may have less conviction to throw them off - the next time they may be carrying a bomb. In other words, they might be deliberately crying wolf.

As it happens I don't believe that for a moment, I think mass hysteria and paranoia sunk in and the pilot responded badly. He should have sent them through more security checks and got the police to conduct interviews with them and he should have got the police to reassure the passengers.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:27   #69
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Brazilian cops shoot thousands each year, many just unarmed children.

Sounds a little bit like the government and police we have installed in Iraq. A government British men and women have, and are, dieing to support as we speak.

An eleven year old child kidnapped and then killed by police for being forced to work as a prostitute.

A very civilised State of affairs we've introduced there.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gayrights/...ticle_continue

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 15:34   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Sounds a little bit like the government and police we have installed in Iraq. A government British men and women have, and are, dieing to support as we speak.

An eleven year old child kidnapped and then killed by police for being forced to work as a prostitute.

A very civilised State of affairs we've introduced there.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gayrights/...ticle_continue
treat like animals and they will behave like animals regardles of being so called "civillized people" anywere in the world.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..