Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2008, 16:57   #31
God Member

Re: What A Horrendous Twenty Four Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
read a report today,our wonderful home secretary jaqui smith is saying that will be more beneficial for those convicted of knife crime to be taken to hospitals,to see people who are in with knife wounds,so they can see the damage they cause, this would be more beneficial than sending them to jail. what planet is this " Silly Bitch" living on?
I don't care what planet she is on, I want to know what drugs she is on so that I can get some
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2008, 18:21   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
, in Canada, violent crime is on the decrease ... about 500 murders per year ... not bad for a country of 30 million .... .
So far this year we have had 71 in Oakland alone (I live about ten miles south) the 2007 tally was 127 , over the bridge in San Francisco the tally is 53 to date this year and 96 for 2007, in over 85% of the cases the dead were all young black or hispanic males, gang members, low education, poor employment records and coincidentally most were from either single parent or broken families with no father figures in their lives .
Don't know if stats in the UK reflect a similar situation or if its not PC to comment on them .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 19:09   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
So far this year we have had 71 in Oakland alone (I live about ten miles south) the 2007 tally was 127 , over the bridge in San Francisco the tally is 53 to date this year and 96 for 2007, in over 85% of the cases the dead were all young black or hispanic males, gang members, low education, poor employment records and coincidentally most were from either single parent or broken families with no father figures in their lives .
Don't know if stats in the UK reflect a similar situation or if its not PC to comment on them .
Don't really have to comment ... the stats talk for themselves ... I did read somewhere that homicide is the leading (or second leading) cause of death among black males. Same thing happens in the GTA ... the only thing that draws any comment is when some innocent, usually white, bystander gets caught in the crossfire ... might be worth mentioning that when you cram a bunch of humanity into a small area the crap hits the fan in a big way ... and in the parts of the cities that are home to poor immigrants or minorities it is even worse ... like if you go to TO, avoid Jane and Finch area .... I think there is a line in a Billy Joel song, that goes something like "I walked thro' Bedford-Stuy alone": not a wise thing to do even on a good day And I wouldn't want to slow down at an intersection in some parts of Detroit .... but just across the water in Windsor, ON, which has a low number of immigrants and few minorities, the murder rate is low .... screw pcism, the stats do the talking.
Old 13-07-2008, 21:03   #34

Quote:
read a report today,our wonderful home secretary jaqui smith is saying that will be more beneficial for those convicted of knife crime to be taken to hospitals,to see people who are in with knife wounds,so they can see the damage they cause, this would be more beneficial than sending them to jail. what planet is this " Silly Bitch" living on?
The story is here - Shock tactics for knife carriers

If she really thinks that that will be effective she needs removing from her post.

To further the humour content, to oversee the measures the copper in charge will be officer Alf Hitchcock

Last edited by Bonnyboy; 13-07-2008 at 21:03. Reason: typo
Bonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 21:09   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post

If she really thinks that that will be effective she needs removing from her post.

To further the humour content, to oversee the measures the copper in charge will be officer Alf Hitchcock
And no doubt the hospital will be Bates Memorial

What next; letting paedophiles into elementary schools to confront them with the innocence they will ruin if they continue in their wicked ways

And isn't there some law over there stating that MPs and ministers of the crown have to come from Earth
Old 13-07-2008, 21:12   #36
God Member

Quote:

And isn't there some law over there stating that MPs and ministers of the crown have to come from Earth
Yes Eric........I'ts called a General Election to prove that they are actually human.
The sooner the better to get these clowns out of office.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 21:13   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post

gotta say,can see some mileage in the idea IF they are taken from PRISON to see victims,also take em to the morgue to see a stiff thats bin stabbed, then ask em if they like being inside, THEN tell em- next offence fer carrying will result in a damn site longer inside, there will always be a percentage that will not give a damn, but MANY will not re-offend of that i am sure, so the government should stop bullshi**** us get off the pot n get real.
Old 13-07-2008, 21:20   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Yes Eric........I'ts called a General Election to prove that they are actually human.
The sooner the better to get these clowns out of office.
Know what you mean .... take a good look at the average bunch of politicians and anarchy starts to look attractive

Punish them at the polls .... we poor, ignorant colonials, in one day of voting, eradicated Canada's oldest political party, the party of Canada's first PM, Sir John A. Macdonald ....

I agree with the Chartists; annual parliaments, that will make the bastards accountable.
Old 13-07-2008, 21:23   #39

Quote:
Know what you mean .... take a good look at the average bunch of politicians and anarchy starts to look attractive
Great line
Old 13-07-2008, 21:34   #40
God Member

Quote:
gotta say,can see some mileage in the idea IF they are taken from PRISON to see victims,also take em to the morgue to see a stiff thats bin stabbed, then ask em if they like being inside, THEN tell em- next offence fer carrying will result in a damn site longer inside, there will always be a percentage that will not give a damn, but MANY will not re-offend of that i am sure, so the government should stop bullshi**** us get off the pot n get real.
I just don't see the point of using victims, people who have already suffered more than enough, to do the work that government should be doing. And the "stiff" is the mortal remains of someone who has family and friends; if the corpse were that of someone close to me, I would not want it wheeled out as an object lesson to a complete waste of skin.

I don't know the answer, which is ok because I don't get paid mega bucks to know, but I still don't think getting tougher on crime is the complete answer. Look at the US, no democratic country is as tough on crime as the Americans are; and look at their crime rate .... it's through the bloody roof .... the thought of the chair, or lethal injection, or fifty years on your knees in front of bubba, doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent
Old 13-07-2008, 23:42   #41
God Member

Agree with Eric on this one, why should victims of stabbings be used to show these morons that they are wrong?? Another case of the perpertrator having more rights than the victim IMO.
Old 14-07-2008, 00:34   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I just don't see the point of using victims, people who have already suffered more than enough, to do the work that government should be doing. And the "stiff" is the mortal remains of someone who has family and friends; if the corpse were that of someone close to me, I would not want it wheeled out as an object lesson to a complete waste of skin.

I don't know the answer, which is ok because I don't get paid mega bucks to know, but I still don't think getting tougher on crime is the complete answer. Look at the US, no democratic country is as tough on crime as the Americans are; and look at their crime rate .... it's through the bloody roof .... the thought of the chair, or lethal injection, or fifty years on your knees in front of bubba, doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent
know what ya mean eric, but ya are talking yanks here.
Old 14-07-2008, 00:39   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Agree with Eric on this one, why should victims of stabbings be used to show these morons that they are wrong?? Another case of the perpertrator having more rights than the victim IMO.
the remark was tongue in cheek, the point being they need to get tough with the scumbags, unless of coarse you n eric wanna reward em wi an holiday or summat.
Old 14-07-2008, 00:45   #44
God Member

Quote:
the remark was tongue in cheek, the point being they need to get tough with the scumbags, unless of coarse you n eric wanna reward em wi an holiday or summat.
Course I will, how much is it not going to cost me?? But do you not agree that the initial proposal is just utterly stupid?? Just wonder what sort of life this woman lives if she thinks that victims want visits from their attackers!!!
Old 14-07-2008, 01:00   #45
God Member

Quote:
A holiday would be great .... I'm sure one of HM's prisons would be more than happy to put them up. I just don't think punishment is too much of a deterrent to dedicated scumbags .... and cranking up the level of punishment does not seem to work; I mean, if the death penalty doesn't deter murderers, there's not much else in the way of punishment that one can try .... torture, hanging drawing and quartering, might be the way some want to go; but I don't think the cutesie suggestion of your Home Sec will work, it's a joke.

And the answer to the problem is: I've no idea, I don't, as I mentioned, get the big bucks to come up with an answer .... but it seems that for all the millions that politicians get paid, they should come up with something better than a nickle and dime solution.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..