Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2008, 01:45   #46
God Member

Re: What A Horrendous Twenty Four Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
know what ya mean eric, but ya are talking yanks here.
Careful bud, Barb's loading her Smith and Wesson
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2008, 03:54   #47
God Member

time we stopped messing about and brought back the death penalty which would also free up some space in the prisons, with advances in forensics its unlikely to get the wrong person so where theres no doubt execute them

the message should be - if you kill someone we will kill you right back

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 07:16   #48
God Member

There was something in the news this morning about giving these scum national service, too late! shouldve done that before, smith never lived amongst poverty that is her problem, she should try it, agree in part with blazey that it is not totally the justice system at fault here, but they certainly dont help, the poor people seem more likely to use knives, and the rich peoples weapon is the root cause, money! Imo the rich (and I put mp's in that category) stab people all the time, but do it with money, or lack of it, and the ability to earn it, many rich people are above the law because they pay smart arse lawyers and accountants to hide money and escape taxes etc. That to me is as offensive as using knives!

Last edited by derekgas; 14-07-2008 at 07:22.
derekgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 07:55   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
There was something in the news this morning about giving these scum national service, too late!

I don't agree with National service. When it was about wasn't it sexist ? ( I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong on that count ). In the PC world we live in it would have to be done by both sexes. I don't want my daughter being forced in to doing something which is likely to be recreated as a punishment if she does nothing wrong. I want her to have choice.

Would National service follow the same rules as the armed forces ? What happens to the non-British people who are committing knife crime, is somebody going to be nieve enough to tell me it's only British citizens that commit these crimes ?
Old 14-07-2008, 09:07   #50
God Member

Dave, I agree there would be issues with sexism, how many non-british people do you think will stay in this country if we had national service, imo the airlines wouldnt be able to cope.
Old 14-07-2008, 09:20   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Dave, I agree there would be issues with sexism, how many non-british people do you think will stay in this country if we had national service, imo the airlines wouldnt be able to cope.
I've been saying that for a long time Derek, lets see how much they love this country and its benefit system if they have to show their patriotism on the front line, either serve or get out
Old 14-07-2008, 11:16   #52
God Member

Once again the core issue is being ignored, why do these kids feel the need to carry weapons never mind use them?? It is to late when they have killed somebody or been killed theirself. Time to tackle the real issue and try and stop the stabbings happening
Old 14-07-2008, 11:31   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Once again the core issue is being ignored, why do these kids feel the need to carry weapons never mind use them?? It is to late when they have killed somebody or been killed theirself. Time to tackle the real issue and try and stop the stabbings happening
Unfortunately it would be easier to turn a super tanker around on a sixpence Bernie, especially when we have a Home Secretary who comes from the Planet Zogg and not Earth
Old 14-07-2008, 13:16   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've been saying that for a long time Derek, lets see how much they love this country and its benefit system if they have to show their patriotism on the front line, either serve or get out
I think your a bit out of touch here. The younger generation of 'Theys' would probably love the idea of escaping their own culture to join the forces - particularly the females!
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 13:18   #55

easy answer to this problem... if a person is caught with a knife without due cause, then they lose one digit (fingers first, then toes then privates) each time .... bet we don't get to privates.
archiveuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 13:42   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiveuk View Post
easy answer to this problem... if a person is caught with a knife without due cause, then they lose one digit (fingers first, then toes then privates) each time .... bet we don't get to privates.
like yer thinking, pity it will never be.
Old 14-07-2008, 13:42   #57

The unfortunate reality is that there isnt much anyone can do to prevent knife crimes, or any kind of crime for that matter. Knifes, like guns are very easily concealed therefore catching someone with one is more or less impossible. The only thing the government can do is to rectify the sentancing for criminals that are caught with a knife.

One thing that can be done is for it to be illegal to sell knifes in fishing and gun shops. I dont know if youve seen them, but theres a shop in Accy that sells things like that. Yorkshire is full of them, as is Lancashire. It makes me wonder why police dont confiscate them from the shops owners and outlaw offensive weapons EVEN if they're meant for decoration.

Bring back capital punishment!
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 21:48   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny27 View Post
The unfortunate reality is that there isnt much anyone can do to prevent knife crimes, or any kind of crime for that matter. Knifes, like guns are very easily concealed therefore catching someone with one is more or less impossible. The only thing the government can do is to rectify the sentancing for criminals that are caught with a knife.

One thing that can be done is for it to be illegal to sell knifes in fishing and gun shops. I dont know if youve seen them, but theres a shop in Accy that sells things like that. Yorkshire is full of them, as is Lancashire. It makes me wonder why police dont confiscate them from the shops owners and outlaw offensive weapons EVEN if they're meant for decoration.

Bring back capital punishment!
I take your point about more control having to be taken over the sale of knives.

Having said that, what’s the point in making them illegal if bought in hunting shops. They are freely available to buy in the likes of Woolies, most likely cheaper too.

Most family homes are fairly well stocked up with knives, the scumbags only have to go to the kitchen drawer if they are intent on having a knife.
Old 15-07-2008, 11:24   #59

Well yeah, i could just walk into the kitchen depo at debenhams and pick up a 10" blade right now. Thats how bad it is

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 15:43   #60

I was so mad when that thing was on Channel 4 about knife crime. Why? Cos a couple of days later there were lots of knife crimes going on. I think it just encorages some people to carry knifes- panching that everyone is carrying a knife...thus fueling it. It will be guns next and end up like crazy America well the America we are led to believe. Hope it doesnt get that far out of hand cos most people DONT carry knifes or GUNS and are quite sane and not out to kill us all.
markuze is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..