Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2008, 18:48   #61

Re: What A Horrendous Twenty Four Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuze View Post
I was so mad when that thing was on Channel 4 about knife crime. Why? Cos a couple of days later there were lots of knife crimes going on. I think it just encorages some people to carry knifes- panching that everyone is carrying a knife...thus fueling it. It will be guns next and end up like crazy America well the America we are led to believe. Hope it doesnt get that far out of hand cos most people DONT carry knifes or GUNS and are quite sane and not out to kill us all.
I agree. the more publicity you give to any type of crime the more certain sections of society will follow.
On of the reasons we have such a problem with teenage violence is the influence of American 'Teen Movies' They should be banned. If kids dont know about something they cant follow it.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-07-2008, 14:10   #62

I think a suitable punishment for knife attackers is to be put in an Iron Maiden ( I think thats what its called ) ya know, that medieval torture device where you stand inside it, and everyday spikes are slowly sinking into you inch by inch. Peeeeerfect i think. Oh but dont stop, dont bloody stop. Id pay to see that.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 14:43   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny27 View Post
I think a suitable punishment for knife attackers is to be put in an Iron Maiden ( I think thats what its called ) ya know, that medieval torture device where you stand inside it, and everyday spikes are slowly sinking into you inch by inch. Peeeeerfect i think. Oh but dont stop, dont bloody stop. Id pay to see that.
Maybe you should pay for some serious professional help .... it's ok to be in favor of harsher punishments; the debate about the death penalty is one that will probably never go away ... but this eager anticipation to revel in the suffering of another human being, goes far beyond punishment. Reminds me of something that Dr. Johnson (I think) said about Puritans. He observed that Puritans were opposed to bear baiting, not because of the pain it gave to the bear, but because of the pleasure it gave to the spectators.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 15:14   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
do you mean put them in an iron maiden or force them to listen to iron maiden??

Personally i like iron maiden but i doubt they do.......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 15:20   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post

I prefer Iron Butterfly
Old 17-07-2008, 11:04   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe you should pay for some serious professional help .... it's ok to be in favor of harsher punishments; the debate about the death penalty is one that will probably never go away ... but this eager anticipation to revel in the suffering of another human being, goes far beyond punishment. Reminds me of something that Dr. Johnson (I think) said about Puritans. He observed that Puritans were opposed to bear baiting, not because of the pain it gave to the bear, but because of the pleasure it gave to the spectators.

Well no, i dont mean for mine or anybody elses satisfaction. I meant so that these cretins can feel what its like to feel physical pain, which is similar to what the victims family feel emotionally. Im not a sadist or anything, i just think that these thugs deserve a punishment thats fitting to their crimes.

And eye for an eye

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 15:26   #67
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post

Listening to Iron Maiden isn't a punishment its a treat!!
Old 17-07-2008, 16:39   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Listening to Iron Maiden isn't a punishment its a treat!!
If your deaf
Old 17-07-2008, 16:52   #69
God Member

Quote:
Well no, i dont mean for mine or anybody elses satisfaction. I meant so that these cretins can feel what its like to feel physical pain, which is similar to what the victims family feel emotionally. Im not a sadist or anything, i just think that these thugs deserve a punishment thats fitting to their crimes.

And eye for an eye
The "eye for an eye" thing doesn't work ... and it is a distortion of a belief which also gives us "thou shalt not kill" and "turn the other cheek" (not that I've ever been in favor of cheek turning; but then again, I'm not much into eye gouging either). Capital and corporal punishment pander to a nasty side of human nature: the side that sold out the collosium on game night, that drew the crowds to Tyburn for the hangings, that filled, and still fills the ranks of death squads.
Old 17-07-2008, 17:00   #70
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If your deaf
I will pretend you didn't say that!
Old 18-07-2008, 15:34   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
read a report today,our wonderful home secretary jaqui smith is saying that will be more beneficial for those convicted of knife crime to be taken to hospitals,to see people who are in with knife wounds,so they can see the damage they cause, this would be more beneficial than sending them to jail. what planet is this " Silly Bitch" living on?

A perfect example of the fuzzy thinking of modern day liberals.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 15:48   #72

[quote=markuze;607163 It will be guns next and end up like crazy America well the America we are led to believe.[/quote]

Ah, you have stumbled into the truth. Having for years been spoon-fed an almost universally negative diet by the press and others of influence, it is hardly surprising that the views all too often displayed on this site are as they are. However, from firsthand knowledge and experience, let me assure you that the vast majority of Americans lead very tranquil lives, despite violent crime hot spots and periodic aberrations, which are present in all civilized societies, including your own.
Old 18-07-2008, 15:51   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Careful bud, Barb's loading her Smith and Wesson

But one of several fine side arms in my possession.
Old 18-07-2008, 16:01   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I think it is time that all our elected MP's got together to look at a viable solution. Surely somebody can come up with a decent option without blaming the present goverment.

Well, this week they seem to have done something of an about-face on self defense. From what I have read, it isn't a return to the old common law Castle Doctrine - but it's a start.
Old 18-07-2008, 16:17   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
Well, this week they seem to have done something of an about-face on self defense. From what I have read, it isn't a return to the old common law Castle Doctrine - but it's a start.
Well I think this was the only country where you could break into someones home and the poor sod who is the victim could end up in jail, If somebody is in your house illegally you don't want to spend a few minutes passing the time of day with he scum bag, and you haven't got the time to think if I beat this b*****d up I may be in trouble, you act first and ask questions later, an Englishmans Home is his Castle and whoa betide anyone who enters illegally

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..