Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2011, 14:51   #1
Resting in Peace

Talking What a load of tosh

Meet Mr Average: Men spend 11 years in front of the TV and 10,500 hours in the pub | Mail Online
Mr. Average spends 11 years watching TV and 10,500 hours in the pub, what a complete load of tosh, only 10,500 hours in the pub bet the Accy Web Research department will question these figures
It might just be true about Mancie though, when he watches the TV he usually has a can of Beer in his mitts
Old 26-02-2011, 16:30   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: What a load of tosh

Tosh?

In the Daily Mail?

Get out of here!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 09:40   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Tosh?

In the Daily Mail?

Get out of here!
Was also in about another three papers too and google news but as you know I'm Mail worshiper
Old 27-02-2011, 09:56   #4
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Was also in about another three papers too and google news but as you know I'm Mail worshiper
Yeah. I think I read you were, on Blackburn Web.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:25   #5
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Yeah. I think I read you were, on Blackburn Web.

I've just had a quick squint at Blackburn Web. I think I'll stay where I am, not simply because Accy Web is better but because I can't stand reading Jaysay bleating on about 13 years of Labour rule and defending PB to the hilt on one forum, let alone two.

An inordinate amount of time is now being spent by The Leader's surveillance up at Scaitcliffe House reading what we're posting in the hope that something libellous pops up. Good use of officer time?

There's a tremendous push at the moment by all concerned to quell bad stories and find out good ideas for the Conservative election literature. I'm fully expecting the ideas that Cllr Grayson and myself documented for Rishton yesterday appearing as promises on Cllr Horne's forthcoming leaflets.

You'd think after the 11 years of prosperity and good financial management that they would have some ideas of their own.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:34   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
An inordinate amount of time is now being spent by The Leader's surveillance up at Scaitcliffe House reading what we're posting in the hope that something libellous pops up. Good use of officer time?
No, it isn't.

To free up their time, I feel it my civic duty to take up the mantle, and personally carry on their good work.

I promise if I ever read anything vaguely libelous on any internet site, I shall alert the person(s) concerned at H.B.C. straightaway.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:50   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I've just had a quick squint at Blackburn Web. I think I'll stay where I am, not simply because Accyweb is better but because I can't stand reading Jaysay bleating on about 13 years of Labour rule and defending PB to the hilt on one forum, let alone two.

There's a tremendous push at the moment by all concerned to quell bad stories and find out good ideas for the Conservative election literature. I'm fully expecting the ideas that Cllr Grayson and myself documented for Rishton yesterday appearing as promises on Cllr Horne's forthcoming leaflets.

You'd think after the 11 years of prosperity and good financial management that they would have some ideas of their own.
Well there you go know you are telling porkies can't remember when politics was even mentioned on Blackburn Wed, that's why I spend more time on there than here these days, the only time politics crops up, threads are lucky to get more than a few post before they go dead, do you have to bring the Labour miss information machine into ever thread. It doesn't matter what you or your ilk say about thirteen years, its something you all had a hand in and now everybody is play the price, but then again that's always the case when Labour leave anything, talking's cheap and there's nothing cheaper than a Labour mouth until it finally goes tits up then every body else is to blame but them.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:59   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well there you go know you are telling porkies can't remember when politics was even mentioned on Blackburn Wed, that's why I spend more time on there than here these days, the only time politics crops up, threads are lucky to get more than a few post before they go dead, do you have to bring the Labour miss information machine into ever thread. It doesn't matter what you or your ilk say about thirteen years, its something you all had a hand in and now everybody is play the price, but then again that's always the case when Labour leave anything, talking's cheap and there's nothing cheaper than a Labour mouth until it finally goes tits up then every body else is to blame but them.
Lol, just being nosey, I've just has another shufty at Blackburn Web.

I'd suggest me being slagged off on there, at the moment, could be described as 'political'.

Political discussion doesn't necessarily have to be about political parties.

Apparently, according to Jam sandwich, I lead the Accy Web 'clique', and am a bit of a cult.

Which makes him very nearly half right...for once.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:05   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Lol, just being nosey, I've just has another shufti at Blackburn Web.

I'd suggest me being slagged off on there, at the moment, could be described as 'political'.

Apparently, according to Jam sandwich, I lead the Accy Web 'clique', and am a bit of a cult.

I can only think that JB is answering a post which I left for him last night, as you've never been mentioned by me nor has anybody else from this site, but hey that's always been JB, that's why he doesn't frequent AW anymore, he only has two rules, rule one JB is always right, rule two, when JB is proved wrong rule one applies
Old 01-03-2011, 09:10   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Lol, just being nosey, I've just has another shufti at Blackburn Web.

Just read your post again G, he did say bit of a CULT did he or could he possibly have miss spelt that
Old 01-03-2011, 09:15   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I can only think that JB is answering a post which I left for him last night, as you've never been mentioned by me nor has anybody else from this site, but hey that's always been JB, that's why he doesn't frequent AW anymore, he only has two rules, rule one JB is always right, rule two, when JB is proved wrong rule one applies
No, it's His Royal Cantankerous, naming members from Accy Web.

Bless.

Nice to know that although he's gone, he's not forgotten us.

Anyway, that's my last mention of BW.

I'd hate to be reponsible for any extra traffic to the sluggishly slow forum.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:16   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Just read your post again G, he did say bit of a CULT did he or could he possibly have miss spelt that
I did say he was 'nearly' half right.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:29   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I did say he was 'nearly' half right.

Ya I was right I'll tell him his spell ckeck ain't working
Old 01-03-2011, 09:30   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

I thought you were the leader of the breakaway, accyweb independent clique, (the underground alliance to the Market Hall Traders).

Not the Official accyweb stick your head in the air and be nasty to newbies clique.
Though if it is you that stands before us at the monthly meetings I wouldn't have recognised you in that body hugging uniform and the hand crafted pink crochet headgear, (very fetching).

P.S. love the 'bag for life'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leader.jpg (37.2 KB, 42 views)
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:41   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I thought you were the leader of the breakaway, accyweb independent clique, (the underground alliance to the Market Hall Traders).

Not the Official accyweb stick your head in the air and be nasty to newbies clique.
Though if it is you that stands before us at the monthly meetings I wouldn't have recognised you in that body hugging uniform and the hand crafted pink crochet headgear, (very fetching).

P.S. love the 'bag for life'.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..