Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2004, 10:11   #46

Re: What Are They Going To Ban Next????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
My dad always used to say that it was not worth voting since all the parties pee'd in the same pot. I have to say on the current showing I have to agree with him.

Did anyone see Newsnight on BBC2 last night. Paxman was doing a really nice hatchet job on Michael Howard. Interviewing people on the street in Cornwall, it emerged that most of them didn't know who Howard was. and the few who did know wish he wasn't. Bring back Boris I say, at least he's good for a laugh.
Is that BORIS Karloff???...now he really needs digging-up.

The other BORIS could be known as a PRATT...but he's too foolish!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2004, 10:46   #47
Senior Member+

Oh no its looks like i have started something off her albeit unwillingly.I agree with all of you.Mopre considerence for non smokers and smokers.My point is that i disagree with a Government taking away part of my free choice.I only wnat to know that if all smokers in Great Britain stopped tomorrow, which is what i think the Government are aiming for, how will they reimburse the lost taxes? As for the suggestion from Acrylic Bob, i agree with walking but then you have to forget all that revenue in petrol sales and the speeding fines.All in all i reckon we cannot win.But id do agree with the hunting ban.......... another topic?
Old 23-11-2004, 12:55   #48
land of hope and glory

big mick if they ban hunting completely how many more people are going to be out of work?its not just about a group of rich aristocrats,if you take a step back and look you will see dog breeders,horse breeders,stable hands,horse racing over the jumps, it would affect a lot of people. what would the state of our countryside be in! every thing in life needs controlling,if you took your dog for a walk and it killed a cat or a rabbit and is seen doing so what are you going to say it was an accident, you wont be able to say anything because its the natural instinct of that animal.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 13:59   #49
Resident Waffler

Yep, and not even everyone who rides to hounds is a rich aristocrat.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 20:57   #50
Senior Member+

Exactly what i am trying to say.Its alright banning stuff and some of it may be in good cause.But when you look behind the scenes at how many people and things are affected.Who is going to cull the foxes in future.After all they are a major carrier of rabies.Over here they put down poison bait in the form of chicken heads to keep the fox population down
Old 23-11-2004, 21:01   #51
Resident Waffler

When people's pets are being killed/mutilated they may find they have a different point of view.

Do you remember when some 'kindly soul' freed all those mink? That hadn't been thought through at all.

Old 23-11-2004, 21:59   #52
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik Dickinson
Exactly what i am trying to say.Its alright banning stuff and some of it may be in good cause.But when you look behind the scenes at how many people and things are affected.Who is going to cull the foxes in future.After all they are a major carrier of rabies.Over here they put down poison bait in the form of chicken heads to keep the fox population down
Hi Mic, Fox's in Britain are Rabies free and will hopefully remain that way subject to the frogs controlling there boarders.....That's enough to put the fear of god in to anyone, but that’s another storey. Yes they bate on the continent to both control number as well as rabies. That includes baiting with treated food pallets from Helicopters. The problem is that it is indiscriminate and many carnivorous beasties are killed as a result. The other problem is that Poisons tend to be delivered in small amounts that lead to many animals suffering from slow and painful deaths. The other suggested way of culling fox’s is by shooting. Again many die needless painful deaths as a result of idiots who have no idea of a clean kill.

What we tend to miss with the hunting issue is that it’s gone on as long as Christianity in this country longer…….And it’s never really been a problem for anyone. It’s not right to run a fox to ground, but it’s not right that now we have another b****y do gooder ban that will result in many fox’s suffering painful, often needless indiscriminate deaths……..One last point within 15 years you will see other groups asking for your support to save our dear fox’s from near extinction, who wins here??????

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 23-11-2004 at 22:01.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 22:09   #53
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
When people's pets are being killed/mutilated they may find they have a different point of view.

Do you remember when some 'kindly soul' freed all those mink? That hadn't been thought through at all.

I agree, but those people are incapable of thinking, their actions over the last decade such as digging up the deceased have shown them to have a brain on par with an amoeba.
How about retraining the beagles to track them down and tear them to shreds?
Old 23-11-2004, 22:14   #54
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Fox's in Britain are Rabies free and will hopefully remain that way subject to the frogs controlling there boarders.....
What happened to the talk in parliament of opening up Britain to Europe for animals without quarantine? Did it get passed? is it on the way to becoming law? Anyone know?
Old 23-11-2004, 22:17   #55
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
[/color][/b]

I agree, but those people are incapable of thinking, their actions over the last decade such as digging up the deceased have shown them to have a brain on par with an amoeba.
They might have the amoeba's brain unfortunately they have a few human attributes as well e.g. arms & legs, an amoeba isn't capable of such desecration!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 22:29   #56
Resident Waffler

I may be a bit naive on this rabies lark but when the chunnel was opened didn't that sort of automatically make us non-rabies-free? I mean how can you stop vermin from running through the tunnels? It's not all that far is it?

How can we claim to be rabies free now we have an open link to continental Europe?

Old 23-11-2004, 22:32   #57
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I may be a bit naive on this rabies lark but when the chunnel was opened didn't that sort of automatically make us non-rabies-free? I mean how can you stop vermin from running through the tunnels? It's not all that far is it?

How can we claim to be rabies free now we have an open link to continental Europe?
Please do not refer to them as vermin to be politically correct they are known as:-

ASYLUM SEEKERS.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 22:37   #58
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
Please do not refer to them as vermin to be politically correct they are known as:-

ASYLUM SEEKERS.
So that's why they head for the UK - they've heard it's a madhouse!

Old 23-11-2004, 22:45   #59
Always EVIL within us

You are on top form tonight Less (as usual)
Old 24-11-2004, 18:49   #60
land of hope and glory

do the people realise that when they see all those dogs chasing a fox,that when caught it is killed instantly. that is one fox that as been targeted for that hunt.The hunt will then go to to the pub for a beer and a natter whilst another fox takes up residence in the dead foxes den.yes it seems unfair but that is the cycle of life.what will the public think when all those dogs have to be put down along with the horses.does slitting an animals throat until it bleeds to death not seem cruel.....YES...but they call that halal and people get away with it, just like the jews get away with how they slaughter there animals.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..