Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2021, 01:53   #16

Re: What do you find frustrating?

Oh dear, Monkey Hanger – the politically correct police will be after you again. ‘Her in the kitchen’ has been in that room for a long time now. I hope you let her out now and then – if it’s only to hang the washing on the line. (Chuckle, chuckle).

My apologies, I just noticed that you do let her out for a walk.....
monkey hanger likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2021, 02:04   #17

Monkey Hanger, I agree, it is very frustrating when there is a glitch with modern technology - the staff really do not know how to cope, what to do. Without the figures in front of them on the screen so many do not know how to handle good old money - how to count out change, for instance. I find it very sad.

As for paying bills on-line only - what about the people that can't access this method? It might surprise the powers-that-be but not everyone can.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 08:42   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
As for paying bills on-line only - what about the people that can't access this method? It might surprise the powers-that-be but not everyone can.

Or wants to for that matter, making everything you do with your money visible to those who pry without permission.
dotti34, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 13-05-2021, 09:15   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
My apologies, I just noticed that you do let her out for a walk.....
At the same time as he takes his other domestic pets for a walk.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 09:42   #20
God Member

Quote:
Monkey Hanger, I agree, it is very frustrating when there is a glitch with modern technology - the staff really do not know how to cope, what to do. Without the figures in front of them on the screen so many do not know how to handle good old money - how to count out change, for instance. I find it very sad.

its all very flustrating for me when shop workers in small shops cannot add up or have to use a calculator if they have an older till that does not do their job for em. beating them to the final total is something that always keeps me going. suppose its not heir fault as i hope you lancastrians did mental arithmetic where you had a limited time to work out the cost of 3 and a half lbs. of carrots at 1d an oz. as for paying everything on line and internet banking the fear for many is that they can do it but the conseqences of doing it makes your account less secure. minimal use the better for me.
dotti34 and taddy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 09:46   #21
God Member

if you know the answer to the price of those carrots please forward your answer to me with your bank details and all accy web members who answer the question correctly will be put into a prize draw. the winner to receive what they deserve.
taddy likes this.
Old 13-05-2021, 10:01   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if you know the answer to the price of those carrots please forward your answer to me with your bank details and all accy web members who answer the question correctly will be put into a prize draw. the winner to receive what they deserve.
Ah, the good old traditional carrot for the donkey eh?
Old 13-05-2021, 21:35   #23
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
the winner to receive what they deserve.

This prize? It wouldn't happen to be 3 & half pound of carrots would it?
Old 14-05-2021, 08:42   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
This prize? It wouldn't happen to be 3 & half pound of carrots would it?
its a secret with my nigerian sponsor. please follow my instructions before its too late and miss out on this life changing offer.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 14-05-2021, 08:58   #25

Quote:
its a secret with my nigerian sponsor. please follow my instructions before its too late and miss out on this life changing offer.
Would this Nigerian sponsor happen to be a prince & an overgenerous bank manager all rolled into one? If he is, then I think I've met him soon after we parted I discovered that all the fillings had disappeared from my teeth.
Old 14-05-2021, 09:48   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Would this Nigerian sponsor happen to be a prince & an overgenerous bank manager all rolled into one? If he is, then I think I've met him soon after we parted I discovered that all the fillings had disappeared from my teeth.
wondered who,d be the first to rumble me.
Old 14-05-2021, 10:18   #27

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1253910]if you know the answer to the price of those carrots please forward your answer to me with your bank details and all accy web members who answer the question correctly will be put into a prize draw. the winner to receive what they deserve.

Didn't work out the price of the carrots but as to my bank details they are, Taddy @ Tadpole, in the pond by the riverbank.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 10:51   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
defo i used to go supermarket about 6-00 = 6-30 ish during this pandemic but a few months ago i went to be told theres NO checkout staff until 8-00 i was blazing, seems all the big ones are doing the same. imagine trying to scan a trolley full in one of them not funny at all. i think the staff are daft putting up with it, it will mean LESS of them eventually and they are too daft to see it.
I think the whole thing is a plan by the major retailers to end up making everyone end up having home deliveries. Make the shopping experience such a pain so that we don't bother. Home deliveries is a dream for them - no costly stores, less staff, perfect stock rotation, they can offload the close to sell by date stuff on you and they get us to pay extra for the "privilege" of not being able to choose our own stuff.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 12:08   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
I think the whole thing is a plan by the major retailers to end up making everyone end up having home deliveries. Make the shopping experience such a pain so that we don't bother. Home deliveries is a dream for them - no costly stores, less staff, perfect stock rotation, they can offload the close to sell by date stuff on you and they get us to pay extra for the "privilege" of not being able to choose our own stuff.
i dont think its that jimmy, i think its so they can employ less people.
Old 14-05-2021, 21:17   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i dont think its that jimmy, i think its so they can employ less people.
I think a lot of the supermarket chains are seeing how successful Amazon have been by cutting out the 'middle man' by not having any stores and people to staff 'em. A lot of those that were once 24 hour stores have cut back their hours. Am wondering how many who have got used to home deliveries will go back to doing their weekly shop.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..