Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 00:24   #46

Post Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW MARKET?

Are we getting a Hmv, or atleast a Reidy's type shop in Accrington like Blackburn has. I wouldnt mind a decent record shop, woolworths isnt too good when it comes to any thing else other than pop  
Old 08-08-2003, 00:33   #47
Caz
God Member

All I know is there are to be 9 other shops apart from JJb and Wilkinsons. I think maybe a poundsaver shop is one of them.

We could do with a decent music shop in Accy though!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 00:46   #48

[quote author=cazzer link=board=general;num=1056652274;start=40#46 date=08/08/03 at 01:33:52]All I know is there are to be 9 other shops apart from JJb and Wilkinsons. I think maybe a poundsaver shop is one of them.

We could do with a decent music shop in Accy though! [/quote]

Hmmmmm, maybe i should write i wish list and send it to santa claus, maybe i can get al my fave stores in accy as an early crimbo prezzy  ;D
Old 08-08-2003, 09:30   #49

ukbug i take medication every day. will there be a chemist in the new market? i think witherspoons are playing cat and mouse maybe the cat will work for the fish stalls the mouse work for the council they play all day?
tommey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 12:35   #50
Caz
God Member

Post !Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW MARKET?

[quote author=tommey link=board=general;num=1056652274;start=40#48 date=08/08/03 at 10:30:38]ukbug i take medication every day. will there be a chemist in the new market? i think witherspoons are playing cat and mouse maybe the cat will work for the fish stalls the mouse work for the council they play all day?[/quote]

??? ???
You mean the shopping centre development ???

there's already one accross the road on Broadway anyway, and one at Peel St on the other side! [smiley=idunno.gif]

I'm on the same meds as you Tommey, but it doesn't affect the readability of my posts!!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-08-2003, 13:56   #51
Junior Member+

[quote author=ukbug link=board=general;num=1056652274;start=0#21 date=07/19/03 at 08:40:24]

is thee on t'drugs?[/quote]

after reading all your posts, tommey, my brain hurts!!
[smiley=microwave.gif]
flopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 15:40   #52

I cant wait for the new shops
Rebecca G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 15:43   #53

I think that Accy is going to be a lot better when these new shops are done. I for one can't wait!
Old 11-08-2003, 19:46   #54
Caz
God Member

[quote author=SteveyBaby link=board=general;num=1056652274;start=40#47 date=08/08/03 at 01:46:38]

Hmmmmm, maybe i should write i wish list and send it to santa claus, maybe i can get al my fave stores in accy as an early crimbo prezzy ;D[/quote]

What's everyone's "wish list" for shops they want, or think we need in accy?  

- Oscar Wilde
Old 11-08-2003, 22:03   #55

Would like a good new Pub, music shop, bookshop, booze shop, internet cafe for people. The list is endless.
Old 12-08-2003, 19:07   #56

Just heard off someone in the know, that none of the shops will be open till the middle of November at the earliest
Old 12-08-2003, 21:31   #57

[quote author=damers link=board=general;num=1056652274;start=40#41 date=08/08/03 at 00:18:58]I have applied for the new JJB store. It will be directly accross fromt he exsisting store now, and next to Wilkinsons.
I have it on good authority that behind JJB will be 'Game' and this will be opening by the end of the year, or beginning of next.[/quote]

i would just like to say your spelling is very bad you must be on smack crack or heroin gtf
beasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2003, 21:09   #58

What new market???? There is a new Market building, but its the same old stalls that we have always had. Needs some vents near the fish section. Apart from that its OK.
markinaccy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..