Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2022, 10:47   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

What Exactly Does Streamlined Mean?

I only ask because last Friday my brown bin came back with no lid.

So, being a good citizen I went online to tell Hyndburn Council via their contact us button, filled in their form explained what had happened and what was required and sent it off.
Today got a reply:-

Quote:
my.hyndburn has been launched to help us to streamline our services and make things more convenient for you, please note we have not logged the request you have emailed and ask that you log your request using my.hyndburn.
Now, we come to my question, What Exactly Does Streamlined Mean?

Does it mean,
a/ I contact them once giving all my details and they act upon this information.
b/ I contact them get the above reply, log on to a new site with all the details being put in for a second time and then they act upon this.
c/ When I click on contact us on their website, it takes me straight to the my.hyndburn site I register once and they act upon this information.

Of course none of this would matter if the bins weren't so cheap and flimsy and were fit for the task of being lifted by the bin wagon in the first place!

Can I have one like this one next time pleeease Mr. Hyndburn?

Last edited by Less; 30-08-2022 at 10:51.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2022, 15:35   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: What Exactly Does Streamlined Mean?

Sounds like it means passing the buck & dodging obligations to me.
taddy likes this.
Old 30-08-2022, 16:08   #3

Sounds like fobbing someone off to me.

Cheers
taddy likes this.
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2022, 17:48   #4

[QUOTE=Less;1268334]I only ask because last Friday my brown bin came back with no lid.

Of course none of this would matter if the bins weren't so cheap and flimsy and were fit for the task of being lifted by the bin wagon in the first place!

How would they have gone on before the bins were lifted automatically, the bin men that I remember years ago had to physically lift "metal" bins, often full of the ash from coal fires that weighed more empty than these flimsy modern bins weigh when they are full but then again nothing "really" Suprises me nowadays, when this generation wants money without having to use a bit of breaches a--se steam and an ounce or two of elbow grease. Rant over, time for another pint. After leaving school at fifteen without any qualifications and then retiring at sixty-five after doing whatever job it took to bring up my family I think that it is about time that these "Hard done" youngsters were given a lesson on what the word "work" means.

Oh, I now feel much better.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2022, 19:13   #5
Beacon of light

Streamlining depends very much on which side of the fence you are on.
If you are on the council side…well, it means doing only the bare minimum to do the things the residents need doing.

If, however you are a resident, then streamlining means that the council makes it easier to access whatever services you might require…and them being done in a timely manner to a good standard.

So we know that in this case the streamlining is obviously on the councils side of the fence.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2022, 21:19   #6
Beacon of light

And NO…streamlining is not to make your life easier…just in case you wondered!
Old 31-08-2022, 11:49   #7

Firstly may I apologise to the bin men no way did I start this thread to have a dig at you.
I think considering the sub standard bins & the chaos you face in my back alley every Friday you do a good job of clearing away the crap.
Secondly the youth of today and let’s face it whomsoever sent me the ‘streamlined’ email compared to me is a youth, I wasn’t thinking you as lazy you have a job.
The people I consider lacking are the organisers of this debacle, substandard bins, rubbish links in the website, the responsibility surely lies with our Councillors & their so called executives.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 31-08-2022, 11:50   #8
Beacon of light

Spot on Less..spot on!
Old 31-08-2022, 16:31   #9

[QUOTE=Less;1268357]Firstly may I apologise to the bin men no way did I start this thread to have a dig at you.

Secondly the youth of today and let’s face it whomsoever sent me the ‘streamlined’ email compared to me is a youth,

Oh, Less, I love it, more please!
Old 31-08-2022, 17:19   #10

You might love it but I see you still can't get quotes right, somehow I get the feeling that your school teacher realised she was wasting her time standing you in a corner you just can't learn!
taddy likes this.
Old 31-08-2022, 19:16   #11
Beacon of light

Less he was good at sport though.
Less likes this.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:19   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less he was good at sport though.
Glad you remember Marge, I was the Goalkeeper for Woodnook School and the Wicket keeper for the same school in the early 1960s, my other pet subjects were and still are, History and Horticulture, not necessarily in that order, the school had a garden just off Royds Street but you will already know that I presume although I must admit that I cannot for the life in me remember any lasses being in the garden when the lad's were, maybe you can put my right on that.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:27   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You might love it but I see you still can't get quotes right, somehow I get the feeling that your school teacher realised she was wasting her time standing you in a corner you just can't learn!
As playing with a computer is one of my lesser interests then I do not need to learn more than I need to do in order to type a few words into/onto (whatever), an electronic keyboard/typewriter.
Old 01-09-2022, 13:35   #14
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Glad you remember Marge, I was the Goalkeeper for Woodnook School and the Wicket keeper for the same school in the early 1960s, my other pet subjects were and still are, History and Horticulture, not necessarily in that order, the school had a garden just off Royds Street but you will already know that I presume although I must admit that I cannot for the life in me remember any lasses being in the garden when the lad's were, maybe you can put my right on that.
Yes, I do remember the garden, but I never was any good at growing things so I never participated in that bit of the curriculum…..and I don’t know any girls that did do the gardening either.
Old 01-09-2022, 16:02   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, I do remember the garden, but I never was any good at growing things so I never participated in that bit of the curriculum…..and I don’t know any girls that did do the gardening either.
You "propagated" and raised a youngster, which is more than any man has ever managed to do.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..