Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 02:30   #136
Full Member+

Re: What has happened to Accrington

Guess not
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2009, 02:36   #137
Junior Member+

Stuff hollands pies try one of our chicken tikka curries at half time.sorreeeeee.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:37   #138
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Blimey I thought this thread had died lol!!!

Nope it was having a kip but someone woke it up again.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:39   #139
Super Moderator

So, Gordie, in the end you didn't have the bottle to come right out and say it, because like most of your ilk, you prefer to deal in sneers and innuendo. A few things you should know...

If you know anything about Accringtonians (and I'm beginning to think you don't), you'll know that they are not backward at coming forward and making their views known. If there was any disquiet about the present ownership of Stanley, it would have manifested itself on this forum, in the columns of the local press and at the ground. It hasn't...Ilyas Khan is regarded as the good guy in the tangled affairs of the club over the past few months (something else to add to the long list of subjects of which you know nothing). He is regarded with the utmost respect by the fans, many of whom are non-PC to say the least.

Secondly, if you think that owning a club like Accrington Stanley can lead to any sort of financial advantage, then all I can say is, this is yet another subject where you display your profound ignorance.

You might also be interested to know that Ilyas Khan is chairman of the Leonard Cheshire Organisation, so the trustees of one of Britain's foremost charitable organisations don't appear to have a problem with him.

And that, Gordie, is my final word on the subject. Feel free to carry on making a fool of yourself...

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 07-12-2009 at 05:42.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:04   #140
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Possibly all the way to Canada.
Nah .. We have standards here. You wouldn't fit in.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:06   #141
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Blimey I thought this thread had died lol!!!
No cherokee its just the thread instigator who's brain dead
Old 07-12-2009, 11:33   #142
JFT96

Geordie, I ask again as you have ignored my question to you.....

Geordie, you keep on at this so, why don't you answer your own question, Name ONE person, of white origin, who have contributed to the local community of Accrington without financial gain or favour.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 13:25   #143
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Geordie, I ask again as you have ignored my question to you.....

Geordie, you keep on at this so, why don't you answer your own question, Name ONE person, of white origin, who have contributed to the local community of Accrington without financial gain or favour.
Wasting yer time mate, i asked that well early in thread, seems the questions too difficult fer one of very limited intellect.
Old 07-12-2009, 14:12   #144

Well been watching this thread all the way..........Gordie has some valid points which no one is prepared to listen to ( your choice).......Ilyas Khan has done a bloody good job for Stanley, No dispute there.....problem I have is Gordie hasn't been given the right to view his point, everyone has jumped on him and no one cares about his point of view (which we are all entitled too)..........so I for one will give him his right to express himself......which most of us are too afraid to do (whether you admit it or not), so get on with it Gordie, fill yer boots.

Last edited by LYNX1; 07-12-2009 at 14:14. Reason: spelling
LYNX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 14:21   #145
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Well been watching this thread all the way..........Gordie has some valid points which no one is prepared to listen to ( your choice).......Ilyas Khan has done a bloody good job for Stanley, No dispute there.....problem I have is Gordie hasn't been given the right to view his point, everyone has jumped on him and no one cares about his point of view (which we are all entitled too)..........so I for one will give him his right to express himself......which most of us are too afraid to do (whether you admit it or not), so get on with it Gordie, fill yer boots.
sorry lynx he negated everything with the downright lie in his opening post.
Old 07-12-2009, 14:24   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
sorry lynx he negated everything with the downright lie in his opening post.
I have to say he has some valid points, which seem to have been overlooked.
Old 07-12-2009, 14:31   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I have to say he has some valid points, which seem to have been overlooked.
which is not suprising, when ya prove yerself a liar. oh please name these valid points?
Old 07-12-2009, 15:27   #148
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Sorry LYNX Gordie is an out and out racist has he's proved on many occasions before, so I treat everything he has to say with the contempt he so richly deserves
Old 07-12-2009, 17:27   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacdingle View Post
Stuff hollands pies try one of our chicken tikka curries at half time.sorreeeeee.
Maybe even chapati and chips,
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 18:20   #150
JFT96

Gordie... any comments?????

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..