Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2009, 10:25   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: What has happened to Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Very scant on actual details.
and brain cells.
Old 24-11-2009, 13:52   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Why is it like Afghanistan, and what public buldings around Manchester was the Union flag being flown on, when it wasn't on the same date in Accrington?
i think he means the amount of brown people lol not the scenery, if he thinks accys got too many he will have a heart attack if he visits blackburn pmsl

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 14:44   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i think he means the amount of brown people lol not the scenery, if he thinks accys got too many he will have a heart attack if he visits blackburn pmsl
Surely it's all down to Climate change and Global warming?

After the last three Summers we have had natural defences which will have altered us, so that a stranger, (& let's face it we couldn't have anyone stranger than Piglet), would think we have all gone a touch darker in shade, I'm sure he isn't being prejudice when he prattles on, that would imply a person of lower intelligence from someone of our tones and we wouldn't want to put him down just because of the colour of his skin now, would we?

Last edited by Less; 24-11-2009 at 14:46.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 19:48   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Well you can tell Gordie has never been to Afghanistan, The place is full of sand and mountains Oh and Soldiers fighting for a***oles like him..
Ummmm cant think which part of Accrington he was in.
Within Grove maybe.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 16:12   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'd suggest you were lost
All I can say to your quote is that you must be walking around with a white stick.Try traveling more its a great eye opener
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 16:27   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
All I can say to your quote is that you must be walking around with a white stick.Try traveling more its a great eye opener
The advantage I have there is that everybody looks the same and I don't have to be a racist plank
Old 25-11-2009, 17:17   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Really? It's only been a few months since I was there. It's hard to imagine the masses of opium fields the people of Accrington must now live with. Perhaps it's the rural farmers branching out to earn a little on the side. When I was last there, I can't seem to recall seeing one person that immediately struck me to be of Afghan origin. The appearance must have been a recent occurrence. If you ask me, not at all a bad thing if people are hard working and contribute.
Quote,If you ask me, not at all a bad thing if people are hard working and
contribute.

I would agree with that last comment of yours, but that is not the case in the vast majority,to many take and few contribute willingly.
You must have been wearing dark sunglasses on your visit or you think its
cool to be dishonest.
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 17:37   #23
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post

I would agree with that last comment of yours, but that is not the case in the vast majority,to many take and few contribute willingly.
Again I'll take you to task,

nobody really contributes, 'willingly', even you will only contribute reluctantly, if like anyone else you thought you could get away with it, you would, but you can't so you do contribute, somewhere, (ex pat just coming on to stir it up couldn't stand the pace here went for an easy life ), but that is human nature, not just atributted to any one particular race.

Quote:
You must have been wearing dark sunglasses on your visit or you think its
cool to be dishonest.
Please, please, if you are going to attempt not to make a spectacle of yourself get the saying right, the phrase is not dark sunglasses, but :-

Rose coloured, or rose tinted glasses/spectacles!

Good grief, can we not get a decent kind of moron anymore?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 18:10   #24
God Member

and they say us women can bitch.....
Old 25-11-2009, 18:11   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
and they say us women can bitch.....
Women are just better at it
Old 25-11-2009, 18:13   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Women are just better at it

women don't go on about it for all this time though Dave we've usually finished and made up by now
Old 25-11-2009, 18:52   #27
God Member

I'm completely lost by this thread - perhaps someone could send me a map, I don't know my way around Afghanistan.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 19:22   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I'm completely lost by this thread - perhaps someone could send me a map, I don't know my way around Afghanistan.
It's easy, eh ... if you arive in a place where the Maple Leaf is flying and the soldiers are speaking French, eating poutine, and drinking Tim Hortons coffee, you are in Kandahar
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 19:34   #29
God Member

They don't speak much French in Ossy, Eric.....they don't speak much English either...in fact, they don't speak much at all. However, their young men do tend to congregate at street corners waiting to ambush whoever may be walking by.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 19:41   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
They don't speak much French in Ossy, Eric.....they don't speak much English either...in fact, they don't speak much at all. However, their young men do tend to congregate at street corners waiting to ambush whoever may be walking by.
I'll take the fifth on this one ... I'm already on Gayle's shlt list for making negative comments about Ossy ...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..