Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 14:46   #106

Re: What has happened to Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not in the least, i know of many voluntary workers who have donated much of their lives to helping elderly/sick etc, i was refering to financial aid like the guy you belittle has given,to our club, but i'm sure you knew that, or have i credited you with sense n ya aint got any?
Answer the question then,or is it to hard for you
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2009, 14:49   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
ahh but wait until corner shops start springing up next to the flags on the pitch

ill get me coat
Or a Mosque at the entrance gates
Old 04-12-2009, 14:57   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
As I am in my 20th year of exile I will hold my hand up and say no i cannot to that question. Mr Khan could be an example of what the Asian communities could do if they were given a chance and the same could be said of the other newly settled. People need to be given a chance to prove what they can do regardless of how small the gesture.
Atleast you are honset,
only time will tell but I would not hold my breath.
Old 04-12-2009, 15:03   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
How is hoping Mr Khan is honest and true a retreat,do we not all live in hope.
I noticed you did not answer the big question regarding local lads of ethnic origins who have contributed to the all of the local community not just a section without favour or financial gain.
Maybe the question is to hard for you.
When are you going to answer the big question
Old 04-12-2009, 15:11   #110
Resting in Peace

Why don't you crawl back under your stone, and make everybody happy
Old 04-12-2009, 15:19   #111
God Member

There are endless number of people from ethnic origins who contribute to the whole of the community -

Teachers - don't segregate classes
Doctors - treat all patients
Policemen - don't just protect people of one origin
Shopkeepers - sell to anyone and everyone
Youth workers - work with young people across the board

You want names, i can give you names but I don't think it's fair to publish them on here. I'm sure there are more areas that I haven't thought of already.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 15:50   #112
Super Moderator

Quote:
How is hoping Mr Khan is honest and true a retreat,do we not all live in hope.
I noticed you did not answer the big question regarding local lads of ethnic origins who have contributed to the all of the local community not just a section without favour or financial gain.
Maybe the question is to hard for you.
No I didn't answer "the big question" as you put it, but then again, you didn't ask me, you asked Spuggie, or does your limited IQ affect your recall too? And, I haven't commented on it because I don't honestly know and, unlike you, I don't talk about things of which I know nothing.

What I do know is that you came up with some ridiculous rumour about Stanley changing their name. Like so much that you post on here, it turned out to be junk and you were quite rightly ridiculed for it. You then started shifting your ground and saying that it wasn't surprising that the rumour had started because of the change in ownership. When I asked if you had a problem with that, you said that you thought most Accringtonians would have. Again, your ridiculous assertation has been shot to pieces, and you're now saying that you "hope Mr khan is honest and true". So, could you explain the problem that you reckon most Accringtonians have with Ilyas Khan taking the club over...or is the question too hard for you?
Old 04-12-2009, 18:40   #113
God Member

Quote:
When are you going to answer the big question
Is he talking to himself here And hasn't he figured out that the answer to the "big question" is 42.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 18:43   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Is he talking to himself here And hasn't he figured out that the answer to the "big question" is 42.
HHGTTG is beyond him.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 21:09   #115
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

in answer to the above question, i would say its improved 100 fold,since Gordie left.
Old 05-12-2009, 15:51   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
There are endless number of people from ethnic origins who contribute to the whole of the community -

Teachers - don't segregate classes
Doctors - treat all patients
Policemen - don't just protect people of one origin
Shopkeepers - sell to anyone and everyone
Youth workers - work with young people across the board

You want names, i can give you names but I don't think it's fair to publish them on here. I'm sure there are more areas that I haven't thought of already.
Gayle, all the above you mention receive financial gain for their good work.
Can you or anyone else on here name local ethnic people who have contributed to the all of the community, not just their section with out financial gain or favour
Old 05-12-2009, 16:08   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
No I didn't answer "the big question" as you put it, but then again, you didn't ask me, you asked Spuggie, or does your limited IQ affect your recall too? And, I haven't commented on it because I don't honestly know and, unlike you, I don't talk about things of which I know nothing.

What I do know is that you came up with some ridiculous rumour about Stanley changing their name. Like so much that you post on here, it turned out to be junk and you were quite rightly ridiculed for it. You then started shifting your ground and saying that it wasn't surprising that the rumour had started because of the change in ownership. When I asked if you had a problem with that, you said that you thought most Accringtonians would have. Again, your ridiculous assertation has been shot to pieces, and you're now saying that you "hope Mr khan is honest and true". So, could you explain the problem that you reckon most Accringtonians have with Ilyas Khan taking the club over...or is the question too hard for you?
If the last question was to hard for you,why not just say I do not know of any
local lads of ethnic origin who have contributed to the local community of Accrington without financial gain or favour.
Will you answer the question with honesty
Old 05-12-2009, 16:09   #118
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I'm sure there are more areas that I haven't thought of already.
Suppliers of fun inducing substances
Old 05-12-2009, 16:15   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
in answer to the above question, i would say its improved 100 fold,since Gordie left.
Mass unemployment,some of the lowest valued houses in the UK,
some of the lowest paid wages in the UK.
What planet are you on.
Old 05-12-2009, 16:22   #120
JFT96

Okay, I was not going to bite.... but Geordie, you keep on at this so, why don't you answer your own question, Name ONE person, of white origin, who have contributed to the local community of Accrington without financial gain or favour.

I would have thought that Mr Ilyas Khan might qualify, for the original question,seeing that he has not gained anything, at this present time.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..