Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2009, 00:47   #1

What has happened to Accrington

Just returned to Accrington for a short break after seven years and after driving around visiting friends I thought I was in Afghanistan.I have been told but not sure that this is correct that the football team of Accrington is to be re named in the near future to reflect the towns different ethnic groups.I can imagine what the supporters will be shouting from the stands.I also visited areas around Manchester and saw the union jack flying on public buildings,great to see, shame the PC brigade of Accrington dont allow this.
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2009, 08:28   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: What has happened to Accrington

you got friends? i would doubt that if i was you, anyone that tells ya crap like that don't like ya much, i would think.
Old 22-11-2009, 08:29   #3

Quote:
I also visited areas around Manchester and saw the union jack flying on public buildings,great to see, shame the PC brigade of Accrington dont allow this.
They might not allow it but they can't stop it, they let everyone else fly whatever flag they want, so let them try to stop us

Last edited by Mick; 22-11-2009 at 08:56.
LYNX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 12:13   #4
Resting in Peace

Some things haven't changed,Piglet is still raving as usual.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 13:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you got friends? i would doubt that if i was you, anyone that tells ya crap like that don't like ya much, i would think.
That sums you up when you can only reply with ya crap, What have friends got to do with Accrington resembling Afghanistan and the union jack never flying on public buildings ? You must be on the wrong bus
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 15:16   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
That sums you up when you can only reply with ya crap, What have friends got to do with Accrington resembling Afghanistan and the union jack never flying on public buildings ? You must be on the wrong bus
hit a nerve did i you saddo ya never mentioned the rest of the rubbish in yer opening post.
Old 22-11-2009, 17:14   #7
God Member

Quote:
Just returned to Accrington for a short break after seven years and after driving around visiting friends I thought I was in Afghanistan.

I'd suggest you were lost
Old 22-11-2009, 18:03   #8
God Member

Quote:
You call Accrington bad but it got a damn sight better the day you left you mug!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 14:44   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancie View Post
you call accrington bad but it got a damn sight better the day you left you mug!
+1
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 15:35   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
+1
subtle lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 17:51   #11

Why do you think Accrington looks like Afghanistan? I know there is a bit of demolition going on but that's for regeneration, its a good thing and hardly makes the place a war zone.

And what do the 'PC brigade' have to do with anything? Are you being subtle about something you dont feel right in saying, I wonder?

As for Accrington Stanley being re-named, it's obvious someone thinks you're easy to wind up!
Pamperqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 20:18   #12
God Member

Well you can tell Gordie has never been to Afghanistan, The place is full of sand and mountains Oh and Soldiers fighting for people like him..
Ummmm cant think which part of Accrington he was in.

Last edited by Mick; 26-11-2009 at 05:56.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 09:00   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Just returned to Accrington for a short break after seven years and after driving around visiting friends I thought I was in Afghanistan.
ah i understand now, the Irish residents must think there in "Brockhall" now yer back.
Old 24-11-2009, 09:45   #14
God Member

Quote:
Really? It's only been a few months since I was there. It's hard to imagine the masses of opium fields the people of Accrington must now live with. Perhaps it's the rural farmers branching out to earn a little on the side. When I was last there, I can't seem to recall seeing one person that immediately struck me to be of Afghan origin. The appearance must have been a recent occurrence. If you ask me, not at all a bad thing if people are hard working and contribute.
Old 24-11-2009, 10:04   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'd suggest you were lost
He should have stopped one of the tanks, and asked the way.

I too fail to see any comparisson with a dusty, mountainous country.

The Union flag is flown from public buildings on the same notable dates as it is on public buildings in Manchester.

Very scant on actual details.

Why is it like Afghanistan, and what public buldings around Manchester was the Union flag being flown on, when it wasn't on the same date in Accrington?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..