Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes
  • 1 Post By Guinness
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 5 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 1 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 2 Post By Less
  • 2 Post By monkey hanger
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 3 Post By Barrie Yates
  • 2 Post By Big Joe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2016, 22:17   #1

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
What is 'populism'?

Seems to me to be the go to argument for any politican that ain't getting his/her own way.

Strange that these politicians who are voted in by the 'popular' vote don't like it when the 'population' vote to indicate that they don't agree with them.

Politicians become 'unpopular' when they use our money for duck hides, pond cleaning, second homes, and various other illegal 'perks of the job'. These same politicans have no qualms about using 'popular' ideas about the NHS, education and taxation when creating their manifestos, or pointing out the failure of the incumbent government to be 'populist' when they knock on your door canvassing for votes.....can anyone give me an example of a political party being elected on a non-'populist' vote?

Is 'populism' worse than our current plutocratic system? The one where our own MP states that he knows that his voters would vote one way but his own personal elitist ideas take precedence and he votes the other!!
Old 18-12-2016, 07:40   #2
Beacon of light

Re: What is 'populism'?

It is just another 'ism'...a way of sneering at the electorate. Many politicians have forgotten the reason they are in the POW(palace of Westminster). That reason is to REPRESENT the people they were elected by.

It is all hunky dory when the electorate sit down and quietly take the stuffing they are given.
Not so OK when the 'serfs' rise up and proclaim their opinion...especially if that opinion does not suit the politicians ends.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 08:59   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its another stupid bullshine word, that turds that pretend they know better than you use simple.
Old 18-12-2016, 11:56   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Ah "Populism", that catch all phrase, so recently & fully embraced by the niggardly discontents whose wishes are thwarted by a more self assured, independent & questioning electorate.

Often spouted (usually with the same inflection & disgust as one does for the word cockroaches) by politicoes whose deceit & lies are more readily exposed by multiple, free thinking "Untainted" sources. Its use now would appear to be in response to the failing effect of such standards as the much incorrectly appropriated "Racist", "Fascist" or the perennial favourite "Nazi" which the whining lefty liberals & their acolytes are so enamoured of.

In that case then, I am truly all of the above & rightly proud of the fact too! Having said as much though, to us normal everyday rational folk the word is just another which will be used & abused to the point of tedium & irrelevance by the rabid intolerant leftists ...... Ah well, whatever!

To you liberal leftist losers I say only this, despite your labels, your insults & your denigration of me & others like me, we always have been & always will be "Patriots". And when your sorry little world view collapses in disarray, brought about by your own stupidity & conceit, it'll be the likes of myself & other good citizens who pick up the pieces & repair the damage you've wrought.
Old 20-12-2016, 08:57   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And when your sorry little world view collapses in disarray, brought about by your own stupidity & conceit,
As so incontrovertibly shown through Merkels liberalist policy of unfettered, uncontrolled & unregulated open door immigration for 7th century, misogynistic, illiterate, uneducated, primitives, the rise of "Populism" is an inevitable forgone consequence.

After last nights latest display of 3rd world "Enrichment" visited on the "Volk", the natural reaction should be a clear & authoritative response by the government & the apparatus at its disposal. A rapid & brutally severe intervention to cauterize the wound & prevent any further infection or hurt, but this is Germany & as such I can't see such a decisive action happening any time soon.

Berlin attack updates: Pakistani migrant Navid B ploughs into Christmas Market - 12 dead | World | News | Daily Express

I really do hope now, that the ever so complacent Germans (whose media is scrutinised & vetted on orders from above) become so rattled from this bitter truth concerning "minor immigrant" incidents, that they'll start looking & listening to the fact of what's really happening on their very own doorstep!
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 20-12-2016, 09:02   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think the people are getting there Dave, the silly cow that leads doubt if she ever will.
Old 20-12-2016, 17:07   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Biting the hand that feeds you?

Well yes, that seems to be the way, here we are with our Governments giving grants the populous wish was spent at home, inundated on T.V. with adverts about how Ł3.00 per month will relieve the suffering of the innocent, (I can't find anything wrong with relieving innocent suffering), so long as their parents and others responsible aren't abandoning them to attack us. Unfortunately that's what seems to be happening, time to harden our hearts maybe and refuse all forms of charity until we can tell to whom it deserves to go?
Give it a month or so of no funding we'll see the true needy and perhaps be able to allow them entry into our normally safe boarders?
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2017, 15:37   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

After the Anis Amri atrocity last Christmas (Berlin Christmas market attack), Germany is once again heading towards the festive season with some trepidation (Yeah, cheers Mutti!) some cities have decided not to have their traditional markets while others are continuing but with a more marked police presence & anti terrorism measures.

The article below gives testimony to "Mutti's" total failure to grasp the significance of her high handed & perverse self centered egotistical attitude! That said though, yours truly will not be cowed by "Mutti's mongrels" & their engendering fear & as such will be frequenting a couple of the traditional local Weihnachts, Christkindlmarkts & availing myself of some of the festive provender on offer.

Merkel's Gift to Europe: Anti-Terror Barriers 'Lovingly Wrapped' for Christmas - Breitbart
Old 27-11-2017, 09:10   #9
God Member

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1205055]After the Anis Amri atrocity last Christmas (Berlin Christmas market attack), Germany is once again heading towards the festive season with some trepidation (Yeah, cheers Mutti!) some cities have decided not to have their traditional markets while others are continuing but with a more marked police presence & anti terrorism measures.

so if thats the case the buggers have won. imagine the lefties going beserk if some had a go at any muslim festival anywhere in europe.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 19:19   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
so if thats the case the buggers have won.
Not quite MH, as long as we refuse to accept the whittling away of our liberties & keep making noise, the whiny virtue signalling liberal apologist & their favoured pets wont get everything their own way. That said though, we're definitely battling uphill.
Old 28-11-2017, 21:26   #11
Beacon of light

And through sticky brown stuff(treacle).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 12:45   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

If you're looking for populist (to the level headed & balanced read patriotic) I'll be watching out for these boys "Democrats & Veterans party" launching on the 9th Feb 2018. From what I've been able to learn about them, they appeal to my personal ethos plus my sense of right & propriety.

Here's a few news items about these potential saviours (I really hope they are honest & successful) of our British ways.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/538961...litical-party/

Veterans Launch Political Party After SAS Hero Left Homeless While Govt Lavishes Money on Foreign Aid, EU
Old 08-06-2018, 05:13   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just read this article & couldn't decide exactly where to post it, so this seems a good enough place as any because some of the people out there will class its' content as "Populist".

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...shness-culture
Old 08-06-2018, 16:29   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Just read this article & couldn't decide exactly where to post it, so this seems a good enough place as any because some of the people out there will class its' content as "Populist".

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...shness-culture
I read it too DinG. I am proud to be English and I cherish what we have left of this "Sceptered Isle" - "King Richard II", Act 2 scene 1. Like you I accepted the Queen's Shillng (3 times) and I will always defend the right to be English first and British second. As for European - well, it is always European countries that have attempted to subdue us. France, Germany, Spain and the Holland have tried but only the Normans (and they were probably Norwegian originally), succeeded. Whereas we are the ones that saved the Europeans from subjugation by other Europeans. Perhaps we are in the process of repeating history by starting the break up of the EU - here's hoping.
Old 10-06-2018, 21:03   #15

Couple of quick ones here

First Europe is an ok place for holidays but not to live. Its the green and pleasant land afforded by our grey damp little island which has changed and still changes the world with its innovation and invention. Plus too many Johnny Foreigners in Europe.

Second I am British English by my definition. Don't want to be tagged European and will be applying for a blue passport as soon as they are available.

Third populist is where the will of the people via the popular vote takes politics out of the hands of the conventional mainstream parties eg
Trump becoming President
The Brexit vote
You could even argue that the election of Comrade Corbinski was a populist decision because lets be right no one saw that coming.

I will end by quoting the words of the Baird as I find these life me when the thick sticky brown stuff hits the rotating bladed device
"Follow your spirit and upon this charge cry God for Harry England and St George

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..