Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2017, 07:10   #61
Senior Member+

Re: What is the alternative?

They aren't laminated, so that might be a bit of a giveaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2017, 08:03   #62
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I did say it was an old story...I also went on to say "maybe incidents like this are the reason hospital staff have to wear photo I'd badges".
Just because someone is determined to do something doesn`t mean it should be made easy for them, nothings going to be 100% but every obstacle should be put in their way. If hospital security are used to seeing staff walking around without ID how are they supposed to detect imposters, just rely on memory as to whether they`ve seen them before?
As I said previously, I was never once asked by any other department in the hospital (and this was over a period of at least a decade) to prove who I was.
I visited other departments, attended management and commissioning meetings, I visited other hospitals in the North West. Nowhere was I asked to prove who I was.
So if you implement something that is supposed to be for security and then no-one is there to implement any security measures, what is the point?

I was part of the furniture and fittings of the place. I was seen going about the business of caring for patients at that hospital for 26 years...the previous three years I had spent at BRI.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 08:05   #63
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
They aren't laminated, so that might be a bit of a giveaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They aren't laminated now, but I think they were when they first came out(1990)I still have my first one.
Old 21-01-2017, 16:11   #64
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Another reason the NHS is skint!

NHS spends £100 million on TRANSLATORS in 128 languages | UK | News | Daily Express
Less likes this.
Old 21-01-2017, 17:09   #65
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Neil I was management. I did take my concerns to the appropriate bodies and they supplied lanyards( eventually). Just so that you could be garrotted by some disorientated patient coming round from anaesthetic.
Lanyards should have break aways links in them in case it is pulled of gets caught on something. Mine at work does.

Quote:
Yes, I could have found the badge, but why on earth would I attend to do a physical and mentally challenging job on a busy ward just to use a name badge I had found? You would have to nuts to do that.
Lots of nuts walking around now, no not me, well not always
Old 21-01-2017, 17:10   #66
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
How many languages are needed to say, 'OW'?
DaveinGermany likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 17:12   #67
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Is it all part of Labours multiculturalism social experiment?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-01-2017, 17:26   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is it all part of Labours multiculturalism social experiment?
Or maybe, Enoch's policy of the 60's conservatives? Let the beggars in to steal poor mens jobs? After all WE won't have to put up with them living on our private estates.
That same guy later predicted rivers of blood, I still don't think he was too bothered.
Old 21-01-2017, 17:40   #69
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I think the write everything in many languages policy is a lot newer than the 60's. Probably more like 80 or 90's at a guess. It needs to stop, other countries don't do it, if you need an interpretator take your own.
Old 21-01-2017, 18:23   #70
Beacon of light

Many of the leaflets which have been translated and printed(especially the Asian languages) cannot be read as the people they are intended for either cannot read or they speak village dialects.
So it IS a real waste of resources.
My mother had her money stolen from her handbag in Spain in a gypsy 'bumping episode'.
She had to pay to have an interpreter at the police station.

The world sees this country as a 'soft' touch.
The people who come here with the premeditated intention of gaining access to services at no cost to themselves are fraudsters. They should be labelled as such, not health tourists.

My sister in law came over from Australia some years ago and needed to see a doctor to get a prescription. She tried to pay for this service, but was told not to bother. So her consultation was free as was her prescription medication(she was over 60) but had not lived in this country or paid NI contributions since 1956.
DaveinGermany and Rowlf like this.
Old 21-01-2017, 20:10   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think the write everything in many languages policy is a lot newer than the 60's. Probably more like 80 or 90's at a guess. It needs to stop, other countries don't do it, if you need an interpretator take your own.
You may well be right, but the 60's seems to be when the rot set in allowing, our white superiors to take advantage of the white inferiors by introducing cheaper brown alternatives to do the work the white superiors required.

Mill owners all over this county welcomed cheap labour, they didn't care what slums this workforce had to live in.

Now, the new off white workforce own or run taxis, the only mill owners I know of live off nostalgia in ossy.

Oh, yes still reaping it in but unlike their forebears not having to supply decent housing for their workers.

Win, Win for being born into the industrial revolutions elite.
Old 21-10-2017, 12:24   #72
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

At long last! Finally a health authority doing what it should do as a matter of routine when dealing with the public & ascertaining the patients eligibility. I really don't see what the problem is, the woman in question was asked for proof & the authority have given her sufficient time to provide said confirmation of eligibility so what does she do? Supply the required info ..... not in the least, she runs bleating & whining to the tabloids!

Pathetic whiny bint, no doubt a simpering lefty apologist! Her & those like her really irk me, it's creatures like her that have degraded & changed my Country for the worse.

Health tourism checks see Briton probed for having Polish husband | UK | News | Express.co.uk
Old 21-10-2017, 12:34   #73
Beacon of light

There has been the mechanism for ensuring those not entitled to free treatment, are charged, for a long time.
I have been retired for fifteen years and the mechanism was in place long before I left the NHS.
Anyone who visits this country needs to ensure that their travel insurance covers them for medical care while they are here.

An impression of a credit card should be obtained from tourists who use NHS facilities...and the money should be chased. If this was done religiously then there would be more money available for care.
I am aware of people who skipped off without paying their dues and what did management do?
Shrugged their shoulders and did nothing to chase the cash.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-10-2017, 11:38   #74
God Member

Quote:

An impression of a credit card should be obtained from tourists who use NHS facilities...and the money should be chased. If this was done religiously then there would be more money available for care.
I am aware of people who skipped off without paying their dues and what did management do?
Shrugged their shoulders and did nothing to chase the cash.
oh and how the lefties would love that. the beeb would have it as the main headline showing how some poor foreigner was hounded for payment they OWED to the nhs and their human rights were abused by having to pay it. we then could have the tin rattlers on the streets to try to get us to pay the money for them with corbyn and abbott standing up in parliament saying how bad we treat our foreign visitors.
hilleluk likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 12:48   #75
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
oh and how the lefties would love that.
Let them! And should their squealing be long & loud just imagine how it would be if you then turned to them & said "Okay then, if you're that concerned put your hand in your own pocket & pay for your pets!".

There shouldn't be an issue if those applying for treatment have the proper documentation/papers. It's absolutely disgraceful that "Foreigners" can come & go as they please, get expensive treatments which are being paid for by British taxpayers without putting a red cent back into the pot!

I live & work in Germany, about a year ago I fell off the back of my works wagon while delivering to customers I ripped my collarbone from its anchor point at the shoulder & it was stuck up in the air under my skin like a tent pole! I finished that delivery, rang my boss told him I couldnt finish the tour as I was off to the Hozzy, wife came & picked me up & off to the Hozzy we went.

On arrival I was greeted with "Oh that looks bad, we'll get you down to X-ray & the bone menders ASAP, but first could you fill out these forms & we need your medical insurance card!", so you see, even here in modern day civilised Germany, no proof no treatment! So why shouldn't the UK be any different?
Less, hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..