Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 16:50   #16
God Member

Re: What Stopped You In Your Tracks Today?

this stopped me in my tracks today

the amount of ducks and geese that are now in the lake at Queens Park (park) i've never seen as many up there

there must have been at least 50/60 of them

and there is my very own little swan in the white coat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SP_A0608.jpg (35.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SP_A0609.jpg (32.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SP_A0610.jpg (35.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg SP_A0611.jpg (34.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg SP_A0612.jpg (30.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-10-2008, 17:23   #17
Passed away 25-11-09

Please don't kill spiders, if we didn't have them we'd be overrun with flies. Spiders won't run at you to attack you, to them you're so big as to be unidentifiable, just leave 'em alone and let them get on with their insecticide duties. Oh, but don't let one actually touch me.
Old 06-10-2008, 17:28   #18
God Member

2 things stopped me in my tracks today, the usual idiots pulling out in front of my 2 ton van making it difficult to stop in time to avoid them, and 4 calls to boiler breakdowns at teatime... so see ya later, haha.
Old 06-10-2008, 17:29   #19
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Spiders. Went to get the post, opened the vestibule door and Oh My God, a spider has spun a web right across the vestibule. Can't see the spider to suck it up the hoover so can't get out the front way now, even if the house was on fire. Yes I know they can't hurt physically, but there is no way I am going anywhere near in case it drops on me.

eww, i hate spiders!!, there was one in my bedroom the other night, big hairy git it was, running across me rug, thankfully the other half caught it and chucked it out the window!!

Im wondering now where the rest of the family is
Old 06-10-2008, 18:11   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
eww, i hate spiders!!, there was one in my bedroom the other night, big hairy git it was, running across me rug, thankfully the other half caught it and chucked it out the window!!

Im wondering now where the rest of the family is

And you slept in the room knowing there could be more of them. No way would I do that unless my other half is here. Unfortunately he works in Yorkshire during the week and the cat & rat (sorry dog) are useless at protecting me from the horrible things.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 18:15   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Please don't kill spiders, if we didn't have them we'd be overrun with flies. Spiders won't run at you to attack you, to them you're so big as to be unidentifiable, just leave 'em alone and let them get on with their insecticide duties. Oh, but don't let one actually touch me.

I'd rather put up with flies. At least I could have a laugh watching the rat go barmy jumping up to catch them.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 19:48   #22
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
I'd rather put up with flies. At least I could have a laugh watching the rat go barmy jumping up to catch them.

Ah, you don't share my daddy-long-legs phobia then?
Old 06-10-2008, 19:54   #23
God Member

What stopped me in my tracks today, easy, a car crashing in to a bridge, we were stuck on the track near Rugeley for 20 minutes
Old 06-10-2008, 20:07   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
You mean Porthos Pete, Aramis Mick and Athos Less then .. the other has now joined them ... Spuggy D'Artagnan. Hope they didn't fall over their swords..LOL.
KATEX don't forget we are all meeting you in the Broadway on Thursday at 12
see you there

Last edited by Mick; 07-10-2008 at 05:18.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 20:28   #25
God Member

Spiders? Cute little things. What stopped me in my tracks last night while taking the dogs for a tour was a large and smelly skunk ... the dogs of course wanted to chase it and kill it, but I convinced them, with much tugging, that the better part of valour was heading for home. Maybe spiders are part of a skunk's diet; if anyone afraid of spiders would like a free skunk, maybe I could find a way of sending some over there.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 20:32   #26
Junior Member+

My nearly 3yr old son was tapping his feet on the floor so I asked him what he was doing and he replied “dogging” followed by “what is dogging Mummy?” (if you don't know - please do not google it). I told him that it meant lots of people all taking their dogs out at the same time.

No idea where that came from - that’s nurseries for ya!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:24   #27
mez
God Member

my doctor came to me on a house visit yesterday .......wow that stopped me & my astonished mates in our tracks ....................got a chest infection & when coughing very bad pains in chest & back which meant having to hold my "chests" whilst coughing i can't drive my car doing that so thought try for a home visit.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:28   #28
mez
God Member

as per post above i can only think the reason i did get the home visit was the fact that i clobbered to death a gigantic spider in my bedroom that morning..........didn't fancy chocking on a spider as well as the "muck" im coughing up.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:36   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomber View Post
My nearly 3yr old son was tapping his feet on the floor so I asked him what he was doing and he replied “dogging” followed by “what is dogging Mummy?” (if you don't know - please do not google it). I told him that it meant lots of people all taking their dogs out at the same time.

No idea where that came from - that’s nurseries for ya!
You cant beat a good lie to your kids.
Next time you are in the park your lad will hopefully shout across to you

"look Mum at all those people dogging"

Then you will wish you had told him it is a naughty word and he should not use it.

By the way telling people not to search dogging has just made all those that do not know go and look.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:37   #30
God Member

Sympathise with you Mez, everybody at home and at work has had this cough/cold, and it isnt nice, get well soon! x

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..