Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 07:40   #31
God Member

Re: What Stopped You In Your Tracks Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You cant beat a good lie to your kids.
Next time you are in the park your lad will hopefully shout across to you

"look Mum at all those people dogging"

Then you will wish you had told him it is a naughty word and he should not use it.

By the way telling people not to search dogging has just made all those that do not know go and look.
Sounds like a voice of experience of kids picking up n shouting "Dodgy" phrases.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2008, 07:42   #32
God Member

Wondered why Neil spent so much time at the park!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:44   #33
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Wondered why Neil spent so much time at the park!
You can help out if you like mate, I will let you know when we are planting a few thousand daff/crocus bulbs - it will be a couple of weeks yet.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:45   #34
God Member

He claims its for fresh dumps for his roses but now, well we no a bit more.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 07:52   #35
God Member

A doctor giving a house call!!!! Need medical attention for the shock! Anyone got a large brandy???

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:07   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
my doctor came to me on a house visit yesterday .......wow that stopped me & my astonished mates in our tracks ....................got a chest infection & when coughing very bad pains in chest & back which meant having to hold my "chests" whilst coughing i can't drive my car doing that so thought try for a home visit.
So what was it that stopped you in your tracks Mez, the cough and chest pains or that you actually got a house visit
Old 07-10-2008, 09:40   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Spiders. Went to get the post, opened the vestibule door and Oh My God, a spider has spun a web right across the vestibule. Can't see the spider to suck it up the hoover so can't get out the front way now, even if the house was on fire. Yes I know they can't hurt physically, but there is no way I am going anywhere near in case it drops on me.
Have look at the types of spiders we have in Australia

Be afraid be very afraid !
south aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:03   #38
mez
God Member

the house visit of course plus it was my own doctor!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:21   #39
Resting in Peace

Talking about things that stop you in your tracks, I've just had a phone call from my other have regarding her dog, it hasn't been at all well for over two weeks now, was in the vets for two days for test last weekend, she actually brought it up to my place for the weekend, and was due to take it back to the vet this morning, seems last night it was violently sick and when she took it to the vets this morning the test results were back and the poor little sod was suffering from kidney failure and would only live for two months at the most and she would have been in a lot of pain and discomfort, so she's had to have her put to sleep, now that has really stopped me in my tracks
Old 07-10-2008, 11:20   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by south aussie View Post
Have look at the types of spiders we have in Australia

Be afraid be very afraid !

I'd be in a catatonic state if I saw any of them. OMG I can feel a nightmare coming on tonight. Better sleep with padding round bed.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 16:42   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomber View Post
My nearly 3yr old son was tapping his feet on the floor so I asked him what he was doing and he replied “dogging” followed by “what is dogging Mummy?” (if you don't know - please do not google it). I told him that it meant lots of people all taking their dogs out at the same time.

No idea where that came from - that’s nurseries for ya!
The Canadian version of "dogging" means being lazy, goofing off. It's a short and more polite form of (dare I say it) "effing the dog." So if you are lying around on a hot summers' day, sipping on a brewskie, when you should be mowing the lawn, and someone asks you what you are doing, you say "just doggin' it, eh." But I guess "dogging" means something else that side of the pond.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 16:45   #42
God Member

Phew - I opened an Icesave account 2weeks ago but then changed my mind about putting my savings there - if I believed in guardian angels I would be tempted to thank mine

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 16:46   #43
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
But I guess "dogging" means something else that side of the pond.
From BBC news

Quote:
Dogging is an extension of "swinging" parties - and involves exhibitionist sex in semi-secluded locations such as car parks or country parks.
Old 07-10-2008, 16:58   #44
God Member

Extract from that link-
Legally, the issue of dogging is a grey area - "doggers" are committing no offence unless they are witnessed by a member of the public who can be defined as "outraged" in the eyes of the law.
The allotment car park is a venue on my doorstep - I get 'outraged' by the booze bottles they leave behind

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 17:47   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Sounds like a helluva lot more fun than sitting in the sun drinking beer
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..