Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2008, 20:33   #106

Re: What Stopped You In Your Tracks Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
general rule of thumb , if its a 'flat' walking spider it usually safe , if it's one that walks with its body raised its probably dangerous (bite/sting/poisonous)

Don't care. They've all got 6 more legs than I have. They are not coming anywhere near me. Zap 'em into space.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2008, 20:38   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Don't care. They've all got 6 more legs than I have. They are not coming anywhere near me. Zap 'em into space.
leave yer plugs in bath n sink in bathroom mothernature the buggers come in that way.
Old 15-10-2008, 20:53   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
leave yer plugs in bath n sink in bathroom mothernature the buggers come in that way.

No good, they also fall from ceilings and walls. The one thing with being afraid of something is you learn your enemies moves.
Old 15-10-2008, 20:56   #109
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Spiders don't get into your house this way, merely get trapped there. More likely to have squeezed through cracks and crevices, come in on your clothes or pets.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 21:24   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Spiders don't get into your house this way, merely get trapped there. More likely to have squeezed through cracks and crevices, come in on your clothes or pets.

You're so right there Katex. The number of times my cat has come in with things in his fur is unbelievable.
Old 15-10-2008, 21:43   #111
Resting in Peace

Quote:
closed off Barnes Street today for major works (welcome back .. LOL). Can't get access from the bottom, but presume can from the top 'just for access'.
By hek Cazzer ! looks like they are re-surfacing Barnes Street 'specially in your honour .. didn't realise we had royalty coming to live. Can't see any gold on the pavements though..
Old 15-10-2008, 21:54   #112
God Member

Quote:
By hek Cazzer ! looks like they are re-surfacing Barnes Street 'specially in your honour .. didn't realise we had royalty coming to live. Can't see any gold on the pavements though..
You mean Barnes St. isn't cobblestones any more? What about Lower Barnes St.?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 22:01   #113
God Member

It didn't exactly stop me in my tracks, but the dearth of news in the world media about the Canadian general election came as a little bit of a surprise.

Anyway, for those of you who didn't stay up all night to watch the results, the tory gamble to grab a majority govt. while the Liberal party was happily commiting political suicide, and before the economic fecal matter hits the swiftly rotating object, failed. A resurgent Bloc Quebecois stopped them in their tracks in la belle province. Vive le Quebec! So our prime minister (whose name you are no doubt familiar with) is stuck with another minority govt. .... which might not be a bad idea.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 22:51   #114
I am Banned

I was waiting at the train station and an old aquaintance from school saw me and came to chat -he was an okay lad who had had a ****ty life- but someone who you wished had had a better one because he has a lot of goodness in his heart.
anyway he sat down and told me all about his life - being in prison on and off for about 12 years since leaving school, being homeless and a heroin addict you get the picture. Now i enjoyed talking to him because i should imagine not many people would treat him as a human being - and maybe it might have given him some hope that one day he might have the strength to change- but the people sat near us were swiflty moving seats and we soon had the area to ourselves. I didnt care.
What stopped me in my tracks was the way he was talking about his llife - no shame no sadness it "just was" for him he had never known any different - it made me appreciate what i have and the upbringing my parents gave me ( not that i dont but you know what i mean)
I dont believe he was "born bad" and its really sad.
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2008, 13:34   #115

I was stopped in my tracks by a personal letter from our M.P. Mr. Greg Pope, telling me that us folk in Ossy are not forgotten, and if I need his help, then I've to let him know!
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2008, 13:54   #116
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Don't be thinking you are special, I got one as well
Old 16-10-2008, 14:32   #117

-and there was I, thinking I'd been specially selected!
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2008, 16:09   #118
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossylass View Post
-and there was I, thinking I'd been specially selected!
No I got one too, as did his predecessor Ken Hargreaves
Old 16-10-2008, 17:27   #119
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You mean Barnes St. isn't cobblestones any more? What about Lower Barnes St.?
To answer your question ... no ! LOL, although if you look closely at the first picture, bottom right, you can seem the impression of the cobbles where the road surface has sunk.

Lower Barnes Street 001.jpgLower Barnes Street 003.jpg
Old 16-10-2008, 21:48   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Don't be thinking you are special, I got one as well
So did I.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..