Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 10:26   #1
Senior Member+

What would you do

What would you do if.

Your child came home from there first day back at school.

They came home with a bag given to them by a teacher.

When you looked in the bag you find it contained a tub of Pills (Medication) not belonging to anyone in your family.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:31   #2
God Member

Re: What would you do

i would be straight down to the school with the bag demanding to know what was going on, maybe the tub of medication was given to the child by accident and belonged to another child in the school (god i must be ill, i'm being reasonable)
Old 05-09-2008, 10:53   #3
Resident Waffler

I would immediately contact the school. There will be another child who needs that medication and hasn't got it and whose parents have probably rung up asking where it is.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:53   #4
Senior Member+

I would also be questioing the schools medicatiom policy as it shoudl not be possible for this to happen.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:56   #5
Resident Waffler

It shouldn't happen and obviously some sort of human error is involved and somebody is going to get in serious bother at the school but I don't think there's anyone ever lived who never made a mistake. (waits for somebody to say "What about Jesus?")

Old 05-09-2008, 11:01   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
It shouldn't happen and obviously some sort of human error is involved and somebody is going to get in serious bother at the school but I don't think there's anyone ever lived who never made a mistake. (waits for somebody to say "What about Jesus?")
Jesus trusted Judas, that wasnt the best idea lol (yes i know he knew)

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 05-09-2008, 11:07   #7
Senior Member+

The School was informed as soon as it was possible to do so.

They do not know who's medication it is/was. they have advised to throw it away.

This was in a bag along with other items for the child (presents from end of term) It would seem that this has slipped in as it is unknown who's it is.

The childs age was 6 who the bag was given to.

Im just in two minds how far to take this.

Yes mistake are made as its only human, but to give a bag to a child aged 6 without checking whats inside it is a bit naughty.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:15   #8
God Member

the medication should not have been in school without the childs(whoever it DID belong to) name on it anyway
Old 05-09-2008, 11:15   #9
Senior Member+

medicines should be kept away from the children and only handled by a qualified person (usually the first aider) the medicine should be logged every day and the paperwork/ permission slips should be signed daily by a parent and also by the staff member the gives/supervises the child taking the medication..

Whats puzzling me is that the bottle doesnt have a name on it. Schools cannot give children medicine that isnt prescribed and children arent allowed to look aftertheir own medicine ( in case of overdose)

the only way you can get round that is for the parent to go in and give medicines such as paracetamol which wouldnr be left in school anyway(there still needs to be a record of this to cover the school if the child is unwell or the child gets worse and has to go to hospital, staff need a record of medications)

Someone has really messed up here. I would make and appointment with the head teacher.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:29   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I don't think there's anyone ever lived who never made a mistake. (waits for somebody to say "What about Jesus?")
I would not class being crucified for opening his gob and telling a load of twoddle about being the son of God as not making a mistake, would you?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:56   #11
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I would not class being crucified for opening his gob and telling a load of twoddle about being the son of God as not making a mistake, would you?
That wasn't a mistake Neil. That was the plan from the very beginning. Being crucified was part of the atonement.

However, back to the plot - very strange indeed that the medication did not have a name on. Was it something you can buy over the counter? Could it perhaps belong to a teacher or other member of staff who isn't owning up to having lost it?

I think I would want to follow up on this and find out where it came from and be assured that it is not going to happen again.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:59   #12
God Member

your not allowed to take medication into school without it being prescribed willow, as Emma and i have said, it has to have the childs name on it or the school will not accept it, you cant take in anything bought over the counter
Old 05-09-2008, 12:04   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
your not allowed to take medication into school without it being prescribed willow, as Emma and i have said, it has to have the childs name on it or the school will not accept it, you cant take in anything bought over the counter

And I really can't see them giving the child the tablets to give back to the parents

Seems very strange

Normal practise would be to go and get the parents/carer ad hand them directly to them

But the no name thing on the bottle is confusing

I would certainly take it as far as needed to make someone listen and get an explanation
Old 05-09-2008, 12:06   #14
Senior Member+

The medicaion is Creon 10000, 150mg, contained 100 orgionally and has about 14 left in the tub.

Awaiting to see what they say to the misses as its her who reported it this morning.

And looking at the bottle the pills expired 08/2008.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:10   #15
Senior Member+

Creon 10000 |PointPharmacy

Quote:
This product disolves very rapidly in the stomich and helps with food allergies, celiac disease, autoimmune disease, cancer, and weight loss. Pancreatin is sometimes called pancreatic acid,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..