Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2006, 12:10   #1

Whatever happened to feminine dress

In these days of anything goes in ladies fashions.....micro minis,minis,jeans etc etc....I feel sad for the times when I was a teenager and women wore very feminine fashions....the circle skirts pushed out by petticoats,flowered cotton dresses......nylons with suspenders .....high heels......could even cop beehive hairdos and plastered on mascara if the lady smelt right....as a side thought.....whatever happened to perfume....in those days it would make a guys heart flutter.....don,t smell it much these days.... ....remember fondly the dances at Knowles street watching the girls spinning around.... ......oh dear.......times have changed....

Tal
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2006, 12:13   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Whatever happened to feminine dress

I think you need to find a transvestite.

Apparently all you mentioned is still very popular with them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 12:18   #3

nah.......I believe the trannies have gone modern too......
Old 14-04-2006, 12:20   #4
Give, give, give member

You could say what's happened to style full stop, for men as well as women.

When was the last time you wore a hat, braces, sock suspenders, a stiff collar fastened with studs, a tie yourself bowtie?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 12:30   #5

ummmm.......errrrr......never worn any of those things....I must be a trannie...lol.......
Old 14-04-2006, 15:25   #6
I am Banned

Whatever happend to feminine dress??...... err it went away with time! Ithink the only time you would catch anyone wearing what you described to a fancy dress, and if your not smelling ladies with perfume on then i think you need to see a doctor about losing your sense of smell.
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 17:23   #7
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Whatever happened to feminine dress

So you were a patron of Knowlmere Street dancing club taletedbutslow. Me too – that’s where I learned to dance but I never watched the girls spin round. I helped to do the spinning.

I think that talentedbutslow means subtle perfume not the stuff that grabs you by the throat and dumps you on the floor.

A hint of Channel No5 was far more alluring.
Old 14-04-2006, 21:15   #8
Passed away 25-11-09

In the same vein, what ever happened to smart men? Where is the well cut hair, nice suit, shirt and tie, leather shoes? The standard uniform seems to be baggy denims or cargo pants, shirt hanging out, shaved head (under the abominable baseball cap) and trainers. A tailored suit with a smart shirt and tie and a pair of well-polished shoes makes a real man, in my eyes, so why do 80% of them look like Wurzel Gummidge these days?
Old 14-04-2006, 21:25   #9

I like a man to look good when he's out about town but it's true not many make the effort these days.
T-shirt and jeans and thats about it. My man is like that not seen him in a shirt yet.
MissMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 21:56   #10
white rabbits

my grandson had his hair streaked the other day,and it looked lovley when he came home,from the hairdressers,, half an hour later it looked scruffy and like it neaded a wash,he thought it was great....
Old 14-04-2006, 22:16   #11

remember when jodie marsh stepped out in nipple tape and a belt
and realized that the word revealing held no meaning people would be better if they just made their own clothes, didnt sell out to corporations and stopped wearing lut-say wear
sorry for the pig latin but ive yet to find my profanity limits
also men arent as well dressed as they used to be and often just wear a patterned shirt rather than a black suit at a formal event
Old 15-04-2006, 07:55   #12
God Member

A lot of women now prefer to look like tomboys most of the time and only go feminine when on the pull. Mind you some do look good in jeans.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 10:37   #13
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: Whatever happened to feminine dress

I agree that men have got sloppy in their dress sense and casual wear rules. It does with me but that is an age thing. I’m not going to spend a few hundred pounds on a suit that I will probably wear only once between now and my meeting with the grim reaper. In any case I hate a tie.

Sadly far too many teenage girls and older young mums seem to think that if they wear the same clothes as the TV models they will look the same. They may feel the same but too often the look is not there. Not from where I am standing it isn’t. How come some girls go to bed wearing more than they do to go out?

One other point – the modern trend of bare midriff come rain, cold or shine. Didn’t their mothers or grannies ever tell them to keep their kidneys warm? But I guess that they will find out in years to come.

OK! Rant over.
Old 15-04-2006, 10:54   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
One other point – the modern trend of bare midriff come rain, cold or shine. Didn’t their mothers or grannies ever tell them to keep their kidneys warm? But I guess that they will find out in years to come.
Worse when the young ones have a bear belly and nice purple stretch marks yuk. So many of that kind in Glasgow yesterday and is not a pretty site. Mind you a young female of a certain age bracket is daft enough to wear as little as possible in winter and think summer is cold even with more skins on than an onion.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 04:39   #15

In Australia in summer......they wear even less......NATURALLY........I think it,s disgusting.......and us poor men have to suffer looking at them.........

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..