Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2003, 09:01   #16
Junior Member+

Post Re: Whats Going On at the Piccy's?

"we already have far too many discount shops and need a bit of quality.  "

Stop shopping in them then!!! Supplying and demand dictates them staying around!!
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2003, 09:08   #17
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I can honestly say that I have never shopped in the pound shops. Went in once to have a look and although things like mugs, washing up bowls etc very useful items and great for just a pound, a town the size of Accy does not need more than one of these places. ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 09:37   #18

We need a decent shoe shop only place i can buy my fella a smart pair of shoes is Asda although i think the old piccys is a bit big for a shoe shop maybe there'll be one in new shopping centre. As for the old piccys Hmmmm maybe a PC world or something like that need a good commie shop
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 09:44   #19
Caz
God Member

[quote author=Emma link=board=general;num=1063814969;start=0#17 date=09/19/03 at 10:37:57]We need a decent shoe shop only place i can buy my fella a smart pair of shoes is Asda although i think the old piccys is a bit big for a shoe shop maybe there'll be one in new shopping centre. As for the old piccys Hmmmm maybe a PC world or something like that need a good commie shop[/quote]

I'd definitely agree with that. we desperately need a decent shoe shop.
My youngest two are 13 years old, and size 11 shoes are getting too small. Trying to find something suitable for their age in that size, at a reasonable price is murder. Probably end up going to winfields again!

Think I'll be looking for an Outsize shoe shop soon! ;D

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 09:47   #20
Resting in Peace

That new poundland shop  is now open if interested  ;D
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 09:53   #21

Cazzer if ever in Blackpool go to a shoemarket shop loads of smart shoes at decent prices
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 09:54   #22
Senior Member+

I owe an appology to mik_dickinson for doubting him about the cinema item, i saw about the closure in today's observer. one thing about me people, if i get someone wrong then i will appologise. sorry mik. [smiley=dork.gif] the dork is me by the way.
Old 19-09-2003, 10:06   #23
I am Banned

Miks contribution was that it was on the observer website.. It wasn't.  Read the thread
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 10:14   #24
God Member

Can we get Richard Branson to step in and save it?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 14:40   #25
Resting in Peace

Why ???
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 15:01   #26
God Member

Because if he comes to Accrington I will shoot the buggar
Old 19-09-2003, 15:09   #27
Senior Member+

So i was correct however on reflection it could have been in the Telegraph web site i saw it written.However it was on this website that i read it using the links provided by Roy.Thank you Janet but there was no need to apologise.After the last week and the advice i have received from all and Sundry i am trying to be very careful as to what i write and where i write it :-[
Old 19-09-2003, 15:11   #28
Senior Member+

As to shoes what ever happenned to Winfields up Haslingden.Only an observation.
Old 19-09-2003, 15:29   #29
God Member

Re: Telegraph/Observer websites.

OK folks - lets put this matter to rest. I picked this up from the Tele site on Wednesday afternoon. There was no mention whatsoever on the Observer one, simply because it had not been updated from last week - the last update appears to have been about monday 7th Sept and they finally managed to update either yesterday afternoon or this morning.

The problem is not who saw what, where and when: but due to some big time miscalculation, there is at this moment no Piccy House in Accy (so no one can see anything)  And someone need to answer for that. I suggest we bring in Lord Hutton to find out what happened & who was responsible.

Remember, the Hyndburn Council Tax payer has a one third share in the building of that £2.5m complex....was the original business case sexed up?
Old 26-09-2003, 15:16   #30
Senior Member+

Just got off the Observer web site and it looks like the cinema could be saved.According to the council that is

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..