Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2003, 08:17   #1
Caz
God Member

Post What's the difference?

Reading yesterday’s Daily Express, I noticed an article about a 15 year old schoolboy, who it seems went  missing a week ago, after talking to someone over  a period of time in a chat room.

What I don’t understand is, why haven’t we heard more about this?

If this had been a girl, we would probably have been hearing about it on a daily basis. But, in this case, virtually nothing. Why?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2003, 08:23   #2
Senior Member+

Post Re: What's the difference?

That is a good topic.Cazzer agree with you totally why did nobody hear  of it.Unbelievable.a whole week and no big report on it.Not normal like you say
Old 30-09-2003, 08:25   #3
Caz
God Member

Digraceful double standards, I think.  >

- Oscar Wilde
Old 30-09-2003, 09:35   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Couldn't agree more, if it was a girl it would have been on the national news every night until she was found ???

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2003, 14:05   #5
Senior Member+

I totally agree with you all, i did'nt know about it either.
Old 30-09-2003, 15:59   #6

I heard it on 2BR radio station yesterday but nowhere else.....poor lad hope he returns home safe and sound
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2003, 16:53   #7

There are rumours that msn are shutting their chatrooms this month to stop this happening. I bet there are a lot of unhappy chatters about 8)
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2003, 19:20   #8
I am Banned

The american chatrooms arnt being shut down as such.. there changing from free to paid... they say its to stop nasty people using t to entice kids.. so the millions of users have to pay.

the cynical amongst you may think msn arnt actually that bothered about kids and its about making money...

the chatrooms will still be there.. ya just have to pay. hmmmm call me mr cynical
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 19:01   #9
TAZ
Junior Member+

agree with you all and is it the 1st time ?
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 19:16   #10
Caz
God Member

Exactly Taz.

Haven't heard anything on the news since as to whether he's been found or not, unless I've missed it. Now eight days and nothing.

It may well turn out that he has run away. Hopefully it is just that. But the police were concerned enough to drag a river. and are examining his computer in depth.

Seems the press must think boys aren't as much at risk as girls or something!
I just don't get it.  >

- Oscar Wilde
Old 03-10-2003, 08:53   #11

I haven't heard anything since Monday on the radio so i've emailed the radio station to see if they know anything
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..