Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2008, 09:14   #1

Angry whats this all about. Full fat milk being taken from schools?

Dont know if youve seen this, but apparently the govermnent are taking full fat milk from schools to tackle child obesity.

Im sorry...but I have drank full fat all my life, and i never had a problem with obesity, nor did any other child in my age group.

Wanna know what the problem is??? KIDS ARE GETTING LAZIER!
Yes, children are not excersising enough. And i know why they're not.
PS3 - XBOX360...etc...

Children are more reluctant to go out now that they have these amazing systems. Atleast the Wii is promoting fitness, but theres nothing like a good ol fashioned kickabout after school to shed the pounds.

MILK ISNT TO BLAME!!! PARENTS ARE!!!

get running chunk!

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2008, 09:17   #2
Senior Member+

re: whats this all about. Full fat milk being taken from schools?

i still give ty full fat milk but he has a good diet and plenty of excercise

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 09:34   #3

Yeah, my kids have full fat. What ticks me off is that now the goverment are trying to get kids drinking that horrible *cringe* green top lol

Yeah, lets discourage our kids from drinking milk shall we? WAY TO go!

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?

Last edited by Len; 15-07-2008 at 17:37. Reason: Fixed: Removed distasteful language.
Old 15-07-2008, 09:38   #4
Senior Member+

tbh i dont know the difference cos i havent drunk milk for years... ty likes 'blue' milk so thats what i give him.....

but looking at it the other way... it will help the kids who's parents feed them rubbish.....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 15-07-2008, 09:42   #5

Well i dont know, because i dont know any kid that likes green top. my mum used to buy it when i was a kid so i wouldnt drink it, she'd have it for her coffee.

Excersise is still the key to tackling child obesity, and i will always stand by that

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 15-07-2008, 09:45   #6
Senior Member+

excercise and diet......... kinda pointless excercising if all you eat is burger and chips..... your never gunna be healthy.

Old 15-07-2008, 09:51   #7

Well yes ofcourse, that does help. But you could eat nothing but healthy food and still get fat by not excersisng.

So yesh, we agree... Diet and excersise are they key factors to tackle child obesity.

P.s... i LOVE blue milk

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 15-07-2008, 09:54   #8
Senior Member+

diet, excercise and education are the key factors to tackle childhood obesity.

Old 15-07-2008, 09:58   #9

yes and education. And also no cbeebies on ALL day lol

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)

Old 15-07-2008, 10:08   #10
God Member

"Full" fat milk is still less than 4% fat and can legally be sold as a low fat product (IIRC 5% is teh limit for a claim of low fat)

Semi is ~2% fat and white water(aka skimmed) is < 0.5%

I recall being told we shouldn't give children anything other than full fat so they get teh full goodness of teh milk.

Whats next, collecting all "mummies milk" and semi skimming it!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 10:35   #11
Resting in Peace

Banning full fat milk because of child obesity is plain daft, its not milk thats the problem its th junk food they eat at every oppertunity
Old 15-07-2008, 11:32   #12

I havent heard this story anywhere else, and as someone else mentioned, you are recommended to only give full fat milk to young children to ensure all the goodness is taken.

Last edited by Len; 15-07-2008 at 17:56. Reason: Fixed:
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 11:42   #13
God Member

Banning full fat milk will not solve the problem, its important for kids to have some fat, the key is exercise and education regarding diet. As a kid we were brought up in a chippy and had chippy tea every night, we were all stick thin and very healthy, reason being we were never in, always out either at the park or riding our bikes. There weren't the same tv programmes in the 70's only a couple of channels, no computers or games machines (not in our house anyway).
Old 15-07-2008, 13:01   #14
Senior Member+

Full fat milk axed from Lancashire's schools (From Burnley and Pendle Citizen)

theres the story

Old 15-07-2008, 14:12   #15
God Member

one word to explain child obesity

MCDONALDS

ever since this company took hold in the UK junk food took over,dont get me wrong they arnt the only culprits there are many other companies that have set up and lots of sources for junk food like kebab shops etc but mcdonalds sure put junk food and junk food culture on the map infact once they opened up in the UK it was only a matter of time until we caught up with america as an obese nation

i remember when a kebab or piza was somthing only realy eaten after a night out on the beer just before you stumbled into a taxi but now people are ringing these places up and substituting a good well cooked meal with a family bucket from the local kebab shop

when i went to school there was usualy about 1 maybe 2 fat kids in the whole year but these days there are swarms of them

im not saying everyone feeds their kids crap but lets face it if there is a 9 year old for instance that is obese the chances are he knows the entire menu at mcdonalds and kfc and his mother shops mainly at iceland in the souothern fried chicken and piza sections but dont wory a few pints of green top milk and everything will be just fine

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..