Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 09:11   #1

When will they move it

I've just been in touch by phone to H.B.C.to ask if I could have a double mattress removed from my back yard. After waiting in a queue for over ten minutes,being regularly informed I would soon be dealt with, I made contact. Conversation goes something like this!
T. I have a double mattress that I would like removing please. H.B.Post code please. T. Reply. H.B. Name please. T. Reply. H.B. Your first initial. T. Reply. H.B. Where will you be leaving the mattress. T. In the back yard. H.B. I will put your details on the computer, and they will collect it in the next three weeks. T.Three weeks? It will be saturated if it rains. H.B. Not my problem. T. Will I be informed when the are coming? H.B. Sorry, can't tell you that as they will pick it up when they are in your area. T. Well I cant leave my yard gate unlocked all that time, as it would be an open invitation to all the low life in the district. H.B. Sorry, it is the best I can do................... So, where do I go from here?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:37   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: When will they move it

Have you considered fly tipping? It's quite popular these days I believe!
(Don't forget to take those white five pound notes that you've stashed out of it before you get rid though T.C.).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:56   #3
God Member

Oh ****** I guess I am going to get the same problem when I ring them.

I have a king sized bed base that needs picking up. I have an idea.....we can fly tip my base and your mattress in the middle of town. That way shoppers can have a lie down if they get too warm in this heat!!

We would get away with that. We could put the bed near that T.V that got dumped in Accy. That way shoppers can put their feet up and watch T.V while they shop.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:11   #4
Resting in Peace

We had this problem a while back 2 settees and a old washing machine.
When i rang them they said it could be upto 6 weeks and to leave the back gate open but i shut it at night and anyway they were there within 3 days and shifted them no problem.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:24   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the problem with leaving the back yard door unlocked is depending where you live people would be very nervous if they had to go out for a few hours, its ok if you are home. so after careful consideration i feel i must endorse less's fly tipping lol its understandable why people resort to it.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:25   #6

I know fly tipping is a popular sport around here, 'cos as I have mentioned before, alot of other people stick some strange things into my back passage and although it's a few months since the council have threatened me with legal action for it being there, (excuse me Mr. town hall person but where on earth do you think I could possibly have got two wrought iron gates complete with their brickwork pillars from in the first place? I live in a terraced house!), I think there would be room for a few more household items. So just bring your mattress round when it's convenient to you T.C.

Last edited by Less; 07-06-2006 at 11:38.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:37   #7
Resting in Peace

Less if you want a new mattress for your bed then please post in buy/sell/swap thankyou.

Attached Images
File Type: gif less.gif (3.4 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Mick; 07-06-2006 at 11:53.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:02   #8
I am Banned

if you ever need to dispose of anything simply toss it on teh back alley , walk back indoors and call th enviromental department , a man will come to inspect the dumped item and it will usualy be removed within 48 hours

not the so called CORRECT method but at least your home can be left safe

eventualy if enough people do this HBC will realise ( hey we can live in hope ) that it is actualy cheaper to clear rubbish quick than to keep sending out inspectors

ps:

when throwing away items like sofas and materesses its always a good idea to mention that you have seen rats in teh item/items as this gets a quicker response

Last edited by chav1; 07-06-2006 at 12:05.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:07   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Oh ****** I guess I am going to get the same problem when I ring them.

I have a king sized bed base that needs picking up.
wouldnt your bed be classed as buisness waste and not domestic

ime dead if she figures that one out
Old 07-06-2006, 13:27   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
She never charges me
Old 07-06-2006, 13:31   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
She never charges me
thats why they call it pitty sex
Old 07-06-2006, 14:28   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Less if you want a new mattress for your bed then please post in buy/sell/swap thankyou.
Mick your an absolute genius! The answer is staring us in the face, in future we don't waste our time with the council we just put an advert in buy, sell, swop,
Free (name your item here), new owner must collect.

Old 07-06-2006, 14:46   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
Have you considered fly tipping? It's quite popular these days I believe!
(Don't forget to take those white five pound notes that you've stashed out of it before you get rid though T.C.).
Who told you about my white fivers?
Old 07-06-2006, 14:56   #14

My new mattress arrived this afternoon, so I've wrapped the old mattress in the plastic cover the new one came in, and hope it stays dry for the poor HBC workers when they come and collect it. Thanks to everybody for your excellent suggestions, and I'll be at your house first thing in the morning Less.

T.C.
Old 07-06-2006, 15:39   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1

ime dead if she figures that one out

MR. CHAV dear oh dear oh dear!!! what can I say. (( would you like one of my business cards??))

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..