Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 21:38   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Where ....

Bet they had no insurance either ?
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2010, 21:41   #17

the quad didn't even have breaks so i'm guessing no to insurance to
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 23:01   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Was it a yellow quad bike ? Apparently was driving like loonies on our street earlier this afternoon my daughter says. These idiots have been riding about up here driving us mad for past few weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device
From what my daughter has heard (only hearsay by the way) the quad was only bought earlier this afternoon. Maybe same quad different owners??
Old 11-07-2010, 07:25   #19
God Member

I hope your nieces are ok Emma, and would prefer that nobody actually died, but learnt a valuable lesson, I cant help thinking that had they been reported to the police earlier, all this could have been avoided, seems we have learned a lesson too about doing our duty and reporting to the police when people drive any vehicle in this manner.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:19   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

All well & good Degsy & I fully agree with you, but how many times have people reported stuff & Plod hasn't bothered to chase it up, unless someone's been killed ? Unfortunately saying "Morning Mr Plod,two Asian/White Idiots are tearing up & down the street on a Quad & they may well end up hurting/killing someone !" doesn't really seem to bother them or am I wrong on this ?

If they've killed themselves I've no sympathy for them they've brought it on themselves, sadly it's the innocents in all this who are the true victims & it is they I feel empathy for, it wasn't their fault but they have to bear the suffering, wrong on so many levels.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:22   #21
Resting in Peace

It appears the journalists at the Telegraph don't work weekends can't find a thing on their wed site
Old 11-07-2010, 09:31   #22

Thanks Derekgas they are all fine considering the eldest was hit right in the face with the quad knock 3 teeth clean out she's had them stitched back in, middle 1 has a broken arm and a few bruises the baby has a small cut on her thanks to her pram which took the brunt of it it's now smashed to bits so she's very lucky, thankfully it's the idiots driving it that are the worst in all this
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 17:32   #23
Senior Member+

Just had a Police leaflet through the door concerning this accident. They are looking for any witnesses who saw the two men on the quad bike in the area of Augusta/Clement Street and surrounding areas in the lead up to the accident. The letter states that,

'The (quad) bike collided with as lamp post on Clement Street and also hit four pedestrians who were stood nearby.

The for pedestrians, a 25 year old woman, her 10 month old baby, an 8 year old girl and an 18 year old woman were all taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital for treatment but have since been discharged.

The two riders of the quad bike aged 30 and 34 are currentrly in Royal Preston Hospital where they remain in critical condition.'

The number they give for people to call is 08451 25 35 45 or 01254 51212.

So now you have the facts as the police have printed them.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 18:49   #24

POLICE in Accrington are appealing for witnesses following a serious road traffic collision that has left two people in a critical condition in hospital.

At approximately 3:45pm yesterday afternoon (Saturday 10th July) two men were riding a black quad bike down Augusta Street in Accrington. As they approached the junction with Clement Street, it is believed they have lost control of the vehicle.

The bike collided with a lamp post on Clement Street and also hit four pedestrians who were stood nearby.

The four pedestrians, a 25 year old woman, her 10 month old baby, an 8 year old girl and an 18 year old woman were taken to Royal Blackburn hospital for treatment but have all since been discharged.

The two riders of the quad bike aged 30 and 34 are currently in Royal Preston Hospital where they remain in a critical condition.

Sgt Gareth Hill from the Road Policing Unit said, "This is an ongoing investigation and I am appealing for anyone who may have any information or who may have been in the area at the time of collision to come forward and contact police.

"I am also interested in speaking with anyone who may have seen the quad bike in the short time leading up to the collision in the areas around Clement Street and Augusta Street.

"I would like to reassure the local community that the quad bike was not being pursued by police prior to the collision and that our involvement is deal with the aftermath. A full investigation is ongoing to establish the cause of the collision."

Anyone with any information can contact Accrington Police on 01254 51212 or on 08451 25 35 45.
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:53   #25
Resting in Peace

Four hurt after Accrington quad biker careers into family (From Lancashire Telegraph)
The Report from the LET
Old 12-07-2010, 11:03   #26
God Member

The incident was mentioned last night on the 11pm news on Radio 4

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:06   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
From what my daughter has heard (only hearsay by the way) the quad was only bought earlier this afternoon. Maybe same quad different owners??
Its ok it was different quad bikes after all, sadly one was flying back down the clough again on sunday. Think there should be a clamp down on quad bikes, in a way worse than cars cos mindless idiots use them on pedestrain areas or destroying the rural areas of safety & peace

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:22   #28
Senior Member+

we must have just missed the accident, wasnt far away when the chopper came over us, glad the little ones are ok..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:48   #29
Senior Member+

Seen a few quads racing around recently in the Peel Park area, asian with no helmets. They come bombing through the street were lots of kids play but that doesnt seem to slow them down. Idiots
I hope your nieces are ok Emma
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 14:12   #30
God Member

Unhappy Re: Where ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Its ok it was different quad bikes after all, sadly one was flying back down the clough again on sunday. Think there should be a clamp down on quad bikes, in a way worse than cars cos mindless idiots use them on pedestrain areas or destroying the rural areas of safety & peace
Seems no lessons have been learnt, makes you wonder how the drivers would live with theirselves if somebody was killed

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..