Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By dotti34
  • 2 Post By Margaret Pilkington

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2020, 23:51   #1

Where are you?

Where have the bloggers gone? I’m sure there are many members of Accyweb who have stories to tell and which we would all enjoy reading, so why not share them. I have found that writing a blog about some personal experience is very therapeutic - sharing this on Accyweb is much more beneficial (and a lot cheaper!) than going to a therapist. It could also be of help to some other person who is perhaps in a similar situation and going through the same experience.

If the blog is an amusing one then maybe it has brightened someone’s day - or at least put smiles on faces. For instance, I know I really enjoy Margaret’s ‘excursions’, she has a great way with words and I feel like I’m travelling along with her, and her very amusing blogs about the happenings in her life are well worth reading. There are certainly many times when she has put a smile on MY face. At the same time when her blogs are of a more sombre and serious nature I have great empathy for all concerned.

As for the joke section, I’m sure there’s plenty out there to share. I feel a bit embarrassed when I see that most of the ones lately have come from me and so I did decide not to post any more for a while but then….well I guess I just can’t help it.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-03-2020, 08:16   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Where are you?

Well Dorothy, I decided that when I reached the 1000 mark I was going to stop, but I didn't because people like you told me they enjoyed reading my ramblings.
I write for ME....because, as you rightly say....it is therapeutic. It also lets me see how far I have come.(I do read my back blogs and they even make me smile....even though I know the ending)
It helps me get a perspective on things....and sometimes get things off my chest.
It would be good to have more writers, but I realise that people have busy lives...and that quite a number of folk migrated over to another forum....that does affect the readers and the writers.

If my writings bring a smile to the face or a tear to the eye, then I have written it well(or at least, that is what I tell myself)
Thank you Dorothy for bagging up my blog....but I know you have stories that would entertain....so come on.....get writing.
pompeylass and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:57   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well Dorothy, I decided that when I reached the 1000 mark I was going to stop, but I didn't because people like you told me they enjoyed reading my ramblings.
I write for ME....because, as you rightly say....it is therapeutic. It also lets me see how far I have come.(I do read my back blogs and they even make me smile....even though I know the ending)
It helps me get a perspective on things....and sometimes get things off my chest.
It would be good to have more writers, but I realise that people have busy lives...and that quite a number of folk migrated over to another forum....that does affect the readers and the writers.

If my writings bring a smile to the face or a tear to the eye, then I have written it well(or at least, that is what I tell myself)
Thank you Dorothy for bagging up my blog....but I know you have stories that would entertain....so come on.....get writing.
Ha Ha, another modernistic term to baffle the "Lancashire Ludite"; I always thought that to blag was to steal something, (oh sorry) you said to blog.

(who's so called brain thought that word up ? or is it just another Americanism to use one word instead of several words?.
Your's Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:30   #4
Beacon of light

Taddy I am not really sure where the term originated...but I think the original term was Web log.....this was shortened to blog....and if you do the video version(yes, there is such a thing) this is called a vlog.
To me it is just online journal writing.

Isn't Accyweb wonderful....you ask a question and you get educated.

While you are nearly correct about the term 'blag'....it means to tell Fiiblets to get what you want....to obtain by deception.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 02-03-2020 at 10:33.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:19   #5
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1237806
It would be good to have more writers, but I realise that people have busy lives...

thats my take on things. its not just lack of numbers its that we mostly all see things the same. could be an age thing as a member of my local over 50,s group we all sing from the same hymn book there. need a few on here with a totally different outlook on all things to get our brains going.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 18:54   #6
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I always thought that to blag was to steal something

I've heard it used in the same context, a quick Google turned up: in British Criminal Slang: to blag means an armed robbery....
Old 10-03-2020, 18:04   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Where have the bloggers gone? I’m sure there are many members of Accyweb who have stories to tell and which we would all enjoy reading, so why not share them. I have found that writing a blog about some personal experience is very therapeutic - sharing this on Accyweb is much more beneficial (and a lot cheaper!) than going to a therapist. It could also be of help to some other person who is perhaps in a similar situation and going through the same experience.

If the blog is an amusing one then maybe it has brightened someone’s day - or at least put smiles on faces. For instance, I know I really enjoy Margaret’s ‘excursions’, she has a great way with words and I feel like I’m travelling along with her, and her very amusing blogs about the happenings in her life are well worth reading. There are certainly many times when she has put a smile on MY face. At the same time when her blogs are of a more sombre and serious nature I have great empathy for all concerned.

As for the joke section, I’m sure there’s plenty out there to share. I feel a bit embarrassed when I see that most of the ones lately have come from me and so I did decide not to post any more for a while but then….well I guess I just can’t help it.
writing a blog is really therapeutic and helpful
Poinsterity is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..