Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2020, 21:32   #1

Where are you?

I was looking at some of the older threads on Accyweb the other day and it struck me how many of the fairer sex used to contribute but are now noticeable by their absence, so I am asking ‘where are you?’ I understand that a lot of people now contribute to other social media but we can do more than one thing at a time…at least that’s what we always tell the menfolk. So come on, have your say – something for you to do in these lockdown days.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2020, 21:36   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Where are you?

Dorothy...I have not gone anywhere.
I am here almost every day...though I guess there are some out there that wish I would get lost.
joaner3 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:05   #3

...and thank goodness you are here, Margaret, contributing intelligent 'conversations' and comments. If people don't always agree with each other on this site so be it - would be boring if they did. A bit of controversy is what a forum is all about, well that's what I think, there should be more of it. I just think it's a shame that more people don't take part.
Old 04-11-2020, 19:43   #4
Senior Member+

Still working. Taking one day at a time. Spend a lot of time in Nelson at Jennifers(untill the pandemic happened) I have facebook. Use that more for messenger. I play a lot of games on the PC(thats pretty much all i do) Im in Clayton most of the time be it at home or at work or two and thro. Still sober- October is the last month i remember drinking so november marks 7 years !
cashman and dotti34 like this.
Old 04-11-2020, 19:54   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hey restless i had to stop drinking years back, was hard at first but now it dont bother me at all, even at the football, when its on lol
Old 04-11-2020, 20:05   #6
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Taking one day at a time.

Rob, that is all we are ever given..and for most it is as much as they can cope with.
Restless and dotti34 like this.
Old 04-11-2020, 20:24   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
hey restless i had to stop drinking years back, was hard at first but now it dont bother me at all, even at the football, when its on lol

The only thing that got easier when my mother died was not drinking. I have had friends ask me if I wanted to drink during that time and i tell them never, not at all. Mum wouldn't want me to drink again- that i know as fact. For me to do so now would be disrepsecting her wishes and memory.

I had to stop for various reasons. I was self destructive. Too much so. Its funny just how much one can put away(straight whisky) when one does not care if they die from drinking it. When i quit i was on my 4th bottle in 3 days.
Old 04-11-2020, 20:29   #8
Beacon of light

Rob this just show strength of character.
It would be so easy to return to the bottle. but there are no solutions in the bottom of a glass...only more problems.
Well done...and well done for speaking about it.
cashman, joaner3, dotti34 and 1 others like this.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:07   #9

I endorse what Margaret has said re your strength of character, Restless - well done, keep up the good work.

Well done to Cashy also.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:31   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

looking back restless i reckon when i used to sup, it certainly intensified any problem i had, it sure didnt make it any easier.
Restless, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:49   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
looking back restless i reckon when i used to sup, it certainly intensified any problem i had, it sure didnt make it any easier.
I quite agree with you Cashy but there's suppin, (to excess) and then there's enjoying a pint or two but making sure that the second option does not become the first option.
Stay happy but stay sober Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:57   #12
Beacon of light

It is a case of not letting the servant become the master...or is that too non-PC.

I have taken in more alcohol through my hand than down my gizzard recently...though, I have had to put a stop to that too....my hands, my poor hands are red, sore and a bit like me...cracked.
Old 05-11-2020, 17:56   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Its funny just how much one can put away(straight whisky) when one does not care

Mate, if it works for you, good on yer. I think I may have been doing a surrogate for you by having a nip more now & then. As to straight Whisky, it's not really is it, you used to drink that yukky American ditch water as I recall!

All the best Rob.
Restless likes this.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:19   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
you used to drink that yukky American ditch water as I recall!

All the best Rob.

yes i drank a lot of the american whiskies
Old 07-11-2020, 08:10   #15
God Member

packing up the booze is hard because everyone around you drinks and you are regarded by many as miserable if you do not. know for a fact that me and her in the kitchen were regarded like that when we lived in hemsby and were quite unpopular with a lot of the locals who were big drinkers. if you pack in the fags you get much more support for some reason.
Restless likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..