Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 21:16   #31
God Member

Re: Where does this leave the Coalition?

if there was an election i dont think it will be a walkover as civil servants past and present will vote tactically against the tories.people affected with the cuts will vote anybody but tory.anybody in a union will vote aginst tory as the tories are trying to destroy their working rights which is near the root of their opposition to europe. looks like whoever is in power will have to rely on the unionists and nationalists for a majority.
Old 11-12-2011, 21:22   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
if there was an election i dont think it will be a walkover as civil servants past and present will vote tactically against the tories.people affected with the cuts will vote anybody but tory.anybody in a union will vote aginst tory as the tories are trying to destroy their working rights which is near the root of their opposition to europe. looks like whoever is in power will have to rely on the unionists and nationalists for a majority.
Would love yeh to be correct, but can't see owt but a Tory walkover.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:26   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would love yeh to be correct, but can't see owt but a Tory walkover.
You've got to make exceptions for C'Mon cashy, after all he actually thinks Rangers are a power in world football
Old 12-12-2011, 16:32   #34
God Member

personally i dont want labor anywhere near power while milliband is in control of the party he would more than likely sell us further down the river to europe.

It would be interesting though to see who the liberal wet heads would vote for now they have been totally betrayed by their party

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 17:40   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
personally i dont want labor anywhere near power while milliband is in control of the party he would more than likely sell us further down the river to europe.
closely followed by our own M.P.
Old 12-12-2011, 17:44   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
closely followed by our own M.P.
Don't think our illustrious Member of Parliament would relish a General Election just now or in the near future
Old 12-12-2011, 20:00   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Although I wouldn't disagree with you, could you name any potential Labour leader who WOULDN'T sell us further down the river to Europe?
Old 12-12-2011, 20:26   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Although I wouldn't disagree with you, could you name any potential Labour leader who WOULDN'T sell us further down the river to Europe?
No and thats the problem.Labour are no longer the party for the people unless those people are from another country.

Even our own local lad scewed us over in a heartbeat over europe so what hope is there of finding anyone who wouldnt screw us over further

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 08:52   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The funny thing was Millipede was attacking Cameron yesterday, but wouldn't say what he would have done, then eventually intimated he'd have probably done the same
Old 13-12-2011, 08:56   #40
Resting in Peace

Well looking at numerous opinion polls since last week, wonder if our illustrious MP still thinks 95% of people still don't give a damn about our involvement in Europe, care to answer Graham, we know your watching
Old 13-12-2011, 09:07   #41
Beacon of light

I asked that question Just after the brown stuff hit the fan on Thursday....answer came there none. Don't hold your breath John.....you are more valuable than he.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 09:12   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I asked that question Just after the brown stuff hit the fan on Thursday....answer came there none. Don't hold your breath John.....you are more valuable than he.
Certainly wouldn't be holding my breath for some one who has scant regard for those who elected him and chose to take the safe party line to ensure his political career is still on course, Party before people is Grahams yardstick,
Old 13-12-2011, 09:47   #43
Beacon of light

I think that (or more honestly, hope that) the electorate of Accrington and surroundidn districts have learnt a summary lesson, that what makes a good councillor does not necessarily make a good MP.
GJ was a little fish in a small pond up here......and by all accounts did a sterling job for his ward. The little fish when put into the aquarium that is the Palace of Westminster is a totally different scenario....the little fish got swallowed by the dogma of the party......he 'forgot' about the little people back home...those he was down there to represent.
Lesson learned???? You tell me.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 09:55   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think that (or more honestly, hope that) the electorate of Accrington and surrounding districts have learnt a summary lesson, that what makes a good councillor does not necessarily make a good MP.
GJ was a little fish in a small pond up here......and by all accounts did a sterling job for his ward. The little fish when put into the aquarium that is the Palace of Westminster is a totally different scenario....the little fish got swallowed by the dogma of the party......he 'forgot' about the little people back home...those he was down there to represent.
Lesson learned???? You tell me.
I remember one so called big fish in a small pond going down to the big city to become a small fish swimming with sharks in the big sea, the only thing is this guy wasn't blown of course of representing the people who actually put their trust in him to represent them. I here that Ken Hargreaves is on the look out for some one to clean his shoes, believe me Graham Jones has no need to apply, he'd never come close to the standard required
Old 13-12-2011, 10:17   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Certainly wouldn't be holding my breath for some one who has scant regard for those who elected him and chose to take the safe party line to ensure his political career is still on course, Party before people is Grahams yardstick,
I could understand G.J. ignoring if accrington was known as a "Militant Hotbed" it aint,never has been,never will be, When Keva Coombes ventured this way,that showed to me how Militancy is regarded in these parts, we just got n ordinary town,wi ordinary people, n too ignore those,i regard as very poor.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..