Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 09:30   #1
Senior Member+

Where does this leave the Coalition?

Just been watching Clegg and Ashdown talking about the EU agreement. Words like "spectacularly misguided", "disaster", "depressing" were being bandied about.

How can they stay in a coalition with Cameron after this? The Liberal Democrats went into the Coalition with two aims:

1. To secure electoral reform
2. To stay at the heart of Europe

This morning they are further away from electoral reform than they were before the Coalition, and Britain's place in Europe has never been further away from the heart.

How can the Coalition continue? Cameron should call an election immediately. At least everybody will know where they stand. The Labour and Liberal Democrat alternatives can be put forward for scrutiny during the election campaign, and if they are correct, Joe Public will give his verdict.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-12-2011, 09:49   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Where does this leave the Coalition?

Well either the Lib/dems keep quite and get on with it or one of two things will happen,

1/ There's a snap General Election, and they take to quick road to oblivion

2/ Carry on and wait another 2 or 3 years before they fade into oblivion.

Lets face it, this collision is the nearest the Lib/dems could ever come to government
Old 11-12-2011, 10:02   #3
Senior Member+

Are there any Liberal Democrat supporters on AccyWeb?

I'd love to hear their views, because their only role at the moment seems to be to prop up a radically right wing government.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:27   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post

I'd love to hear their views, because their only role at the moment seems to be to prop up a radically right wing government.
Radically right wing, well its better than a Labour government led my a left wing Union Puppet, a leader none of the grass roots labourites wanted
Old 11-12-2011, 10:34   #5
JFT96

Gynn, you start a thread attacking David Camerons position on Europe a few days ago, post twice out of a current count of 75. This is just a extension of that.
Anyone with a hint of common sense can see that you are against the Tory half of the Government. Will we see more of you this time.
Personally I think if there was a snap election, the Conservatives would win, with a decent majority.
I have not seen anything of the Labour leader that would inspire me, unlike when Tony Blair ran for office.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:36   #6
JFT96

As far as Radical Right, well the higher rate of income tax is still 40%, very right wing....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:45   #7
God Member

I cannot see the Libs willingly breaking the coalition, after all, do Turkeys ever vote for Christmas?.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:46   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Gynn, you start a thread attacking David Camerons position on Europe a few days ago, post twice out of a current count of 75. This is just a extension of that.
Anyone with a hint of common sense can see that you are against the Tory half of the Government. Will we see more of you this time.
Personally I think if there was a snap election, the Conservatives would win, with a decent majority.
I have not seen anything of the Labour leader that would inspire me, unlike when Tony Blair ran for office.
Well your sure right about Mr Ed, he has problems with members of his own party never mind the General Public
Old 11-12-2011, 10:50   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
I cannot see the Libs willingly breaking the coalition, after all, do Turkeys ever vote for Christmas?.
Quite right Bob they'll just have to come to terms with being the junior party in the government or become obsolete 3 years early
Old 11-12-2011, 10:51   #10
God Member

Euurrgh, can you see Ed Balls in charge of the treasury? It would be like giving the keys of the distillery to a drunkard.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:55   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Euurrgh, can you see Ed Balls in charge of the treasury? It would be like giving the keys of the distillery to a drunkard.
That's being rather disrespectful to drunks Bob
Old 11-12-2011, 10:58   #12
Beacon of light

I think this just about sums up where the Lib Dems are going.

Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:27   #13
God Member

Quote:
Just been watching Clegg and Ashdown talking about the EU agreement. Words like "spectacularly misguided", "disaster", "depressing" were being bandied about.
To be honest, Gynn, I don't think anyone but the Media give a rats nadger what Clegg or Ashdown think. They are both EU creatures bought and paid for. Their pensions depend on them not saying anything negative about the EU, no matter how corrupt it is or how undemocratic it becomes.

I'm sure that 'Call me Dave' is sitting in No. 10 this morning wetting himself over what Clegg and Ashdown have to say, especially after having read the poll results in this mornings 'Independent'.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:46   #14
Senior Member+

Being neither a tory or Labour supporter and defo not LD - I think it is time the euro sceptics called for the referendum to get us out of this mess they call the EU and back into the Commonwealth when we were all so much better off. If a snap general election was called, I wouldn't have a clue who to vote for - Monster raving loony party anybody???

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 14:35   #15
God Member

Quote:

LMAO radically right wing government.

Whys that then?

because the government dosnt want to sink with the rest of europe?

Even Germany has printied millions of Deutsche Mark currencey in case the euro collapses so why the hell should we jump into an agrrement that people already in it dont believe in?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..