Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2004, 12:47   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Where have all the good restaurants gone!

Always go to one of the following for Saturday lunch on matchdays:-

Si! - I suppose it's more of a cafe than a restaurant but they do great cappucchinos and ciabattas. It's always full when I go in, so they must be doing something right.

Accrington Pride - An absolute gem! Traditional English food par excellence. Toad In The Hall to die for! But why is there never anybody in?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2004, 15:32   #17
Senior Member+

The Hapton Inn is really good food and plenty of it but the Beers not so good I think the last time he cleaned his pipes Pontius was a pilot.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 20:12   #18
mez
God Member

just been for a meal at the wellsprings we had mexican, it was delicious i highly recommend it, tonight it had 2 meals for the price of one, not bad at all. yes the main courses start at £9-95 per person but at the offer they had on it was well worth it, mind you if there is only a couple of you going the price not bad, yes i would go again.
Old 07-09-2004, 21:21   #19

If anyone has a grievance with the way food is prepared or its quality whilst they cannot leave without paying they are entitled to reduce the bill to an amount that they feel is fair, either that or withold the service charge. If this is included ask for it to be deducted.

This works both ways with restaurants entitled to deduct an inconvenience charge from your card if you fail to show. That is why many ask for caed details when you book a table.

I for one cannot think of any outstanding places in the Accrington area to eat out. Most provide simple food that most of the time could be rustled up in your own kitchen in minutes flat for half the price. Still saves on washing up i guess!

Perran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 14:45   #20
God Member

Being a qualified chef I could knock up pretty much anything that you can get in a restaurant( and do most nights for tea). A good restaurant serves quality produce, well cooked in pleasant surroundings. Thats it, no magic. There is nothing wrong with eating 'traditional' dishes. I eat out regularly and can honestly say I have had very good meals in numerous restaurants in the local area. I've also eaten in some very 'posh' restaurants with famous chefs and been disappointed. I suggest you get out there and try some of the places around the East Lancs area. You may be surprised.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 19:52   #21

[QUOTE=entwisi]Callums would be really nice if he wasn't there. The food is good but he is just so annoying.

Read in the Observer Callums has closed suddenly this week.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

« Sanctuary | Arrgh! »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..