Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2014, 11:48   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Where's my ambulance?

We have made a major thread wander here.......from where's the Ambulance to Care in the Community.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2014, 11:55   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
We have made a major thread wander here.......from where's the Ambulance to Care in the Community.
In a roundabout way i dont reckon its much of a wander? I (my opinion only) think many of these attacks on Ambulance Staff are by people 3 slices short of a loaf.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:26   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
In what context?
Do you mean in the context of this thread or in general?
And where do you get the information that a high number are being dismissed as not in the public interest?
I meant in general,you may be right about the thread wander,Although cashman has a point

Not In The Public Interest | MentalHealthCop

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:27   #34
Beacon of light

Cashy, they may well be...but you and I remember the saying 'thur nod all daft that slavver' and I reckon that fits this quite well.
Most of those who abuse the rescue services are just plain ignorant morons rather than mentally deficient.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:29   #35
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I meant in general,you may be right about the thread wander,Although cashman has a point

Not In The Public Interest | MentalHealthCop
thank you for that information.....I haven't read it thoroughly...yet.
I am sure it will give me a bit more insight.
Old 06-02-2014, 13:58   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Approximate starting salary of £22,000 per year for a paramedic.I bet the average staff member at Asda, Tesco are on a similar wage, but they don't have the stress or daily abuse.
Which do you think sounds more appealing to today's youth?
Hope I'm wrong but I cant see a career as a paramedic ( bad hours and rubbish pay) appealing to future youth (law of averages says there will be a shortage).

Do you think paramedics should have the right to refuse help to abusive patients? Surely their duty of care is firstly to themselves?

Paramedics/NHS staff are at the front end of a barrage of physical and abusive threats.
They're professionals who when someone needs medical attention, put themselves out in the line of duty.
They should be respected not put in danger,They can do without being some reprobates/drug addicts target for the Night.
It's £21,783 to £27,901 for a paramedic and £25,783 to £34,530 for a senior paramedic and upto £40 for an area manager

No idea how they decide which point you are on in the pay scales though. I am not a big fan of that type of pay scale. If you're doing the same job as the person sat next to you then you should be on the same money is my usual thought on pay.
Old 06-02-2014, 14:14   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's £21,783 to £27,901 for a paramedic and £25,783 to £34,530 for a senior paramedic and upto £40 for an area manager

No idea how they decide which point you are on in the pay scales though. I am not a big fan of that type of pay scale. If you're doing the same job as the person sat next to you then you should be on the same money is my usual thought on pay.
Like other sections of the NHS pay is sectioned into bands. Paramedics start at band 5 and through the appraisal system you move up the band in increments.
To get to the next band you need to learn extra skills and/or gain extra qualifications.

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/paramedic_salary.htm

Last edited by gpick24; 06-02-2014 at 14:15. Reason: Link added
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 14:18   #38
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Like other sections of the NHS pay is sectioned into bands. Paramedics start at band 5 and through the appraisal system you move up the band in increments.
To get to the next band you need to learn extra skills and/or gain extra qualifications.

Paramedic: Salary and conditions | Prospects.ac.uk
Nursing is very similar in pay structure.
Old 06-02-2014, 14:27   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Nursing is very similar in pay structure.
My Mrs and daughter are both HCA`s, they are on a lowly band 2.
Old 06-02-2014, 14:34   #40
Senior Member+

The ward my daughter works on has a lot of dementia patients and the staff there are regularly hit, slapped or scratched by the patients. Don`t think there is any procedure in place to report this, would there be any point, 5 mins later they are nice as pie and don`t remember what they`ve done.
Old 06-02-2014, 15:00   #41
Beacon of light

I can't comment on that G. My ward was gynaecology, and we had well defined procedures for incidents.....mind you I have been retired now for 11 years(but rarely are procedures and paperwork issues rescinded).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..