Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2005, 23:08   #16
Member.

Re: White Christmas?

Having just spent a small fortune on winterising my walking kit and the further investment in walking spikes and an ice axe I hope it sooner rather than later. I use Metcheck.com for planning my walks, its general accuracy is first class. However, I understand from mountain rescue sources that it likely to be February before there’s any major dump of snow for the hills around Cumbria and that usually means that the Pennines get a taste. The following link takes you to the White Christmas Snow-o-Meter at metcheck; the snow charts are also quite good. If you’re in to out door activities or sports the hobbies forecast is also a good one.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/whitechristmas.asp

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2005, 23:15   #17
Give, give, give member

Girls just don't like snow because they are rubbish at writing their name in it.

It always ends up looking like Arabic.

Boy's can even do full stops.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005, 23:30   #18
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Which usually ends up with a rapid retraction that lasts for a fortnight?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 15-11-2005, 06:49   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Which usually ends up with a rapid retraction that lasts for a fortnight?
Hope not fancy doing some sledging this year down the Polmont Brae.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2005, 07:09   #20
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Although the white Christmas that we had last year looked lovely, I had to go to work in it, and it was not lovely to drive in. As I am working Christmas day and boxing day again, I would prefer to have the snow at New Year...... or not at all.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2005, 07:30   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Although the white Christmas that we had last year looked lovely, I had to go to work in it, and it was not lovely to drive in. As I am working Christmas day and boxing day again, I would prefer to have the snow at New Year...... or not at all.
I will be full off drink at the New Year and dont fancy being arrested for being drunk in charge of a sledge.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 15-11-2005, 09:18   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
I will be full off drink at the New Year and dont fancy being arrested for being drunk in charge of a sledge.
Just a note here. Spuggie is talking about the TWO day bank holiday they have in Scotland, as opposed to our measly one down here.

Old 15-11-2005, 09:24   #23
God Member

Quote:
Just a note here. Spuggie is talking about the TWO day bank holiday they have in Scotland, as opposed to our measly one down here.

Cheers for that G now they will all want to move up here. One day is for solid drinking ie 24 hour binge the second to sleep it off and clear the hangover.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 15-11-2005, 09:30   #24
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Cheers for that G now they will all want to move up here. One day is for solid drinking ie 24 hour binge the second to sleep it off and clear the hangover.

I remember it well.

I also remember trying to convince the English company I worked for that it would have to be two days off for our branch, because there was no way my staff would be fit to come in until at least the 3rd, me included.

Old 15-11-2005, 09:32   #25
God Member

Wonder if the workers in the English branches of the RBS get 2 days?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 15-11-2005, 16:53   #26
God Member

Well I can do snow on Christmas Day this year but not on Boxing Day, we have to drive to my Dads in Rochdale, hope this doesn't put anyone else out

Talking of Christmas at my Dads we took these pictures of his garden last year, it really did look as pretty as a Christmas card picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00560.JPG (146.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00561.JPG (152.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00562.JPG (149.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00563.JPG (144.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 15-11-2005 at 17:01.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2005, 17:02   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Girls just don't like snow because they are rubbish at writing their name in it.

It always ends up looking like Arabic.

Had a to speak a line in a play recently which describes men writing their name in the snow .. was absolutely shocked Presume you don't do it with the usual utensils ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2005, 17:06   #28
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Presume you don't do it with the usual utensils ?
Just the one, Dear.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 15-11-2005, 17:31   #29
God Member

Very scary indeed this. All I want is to go sledging

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 15-11-2005, 18:36   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
The following link takes you to the White Christmas Snow-o-Meter at metcheck; the snow charts are also quite good.
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/whitechristmas.asp
Just went on that page and put in three differant locations, Lancashire, London and Stirlingshair and they all said 50% of snow on Christmas day. Me thinks they are edging there bets.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..