Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2005, 17:20   #1
God Member

White Christmas?

According to my favorite weather forecaster, metcheck.com, Lancashire has a 60% chance of seeing a white Christmas this year.

We all know that forecasting the weather in this neck of the woods for tomorrow is hardly a precise science. So forecasting for a month and a half into the future is bound to be even less precise. Still, it is nice to dream.

Anyone care to open a book on the possibility???
Old 13-11-2005, 18:37   #2
God Member

Re: White Christmas?

6/4 aint bad odds on this I would take it. Dont see many or have seen many white christmas. Hope it happens for the little kids and the big A kids as well.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 18:43   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

love snow on tele,xmas cards, films,etc- but as for in accy sorry a-b you can have it all lol
Old 13-11-2005, 19:15   #4

Still having nightmares about driving in the snow last Christmas day, and have to drive again this Christmas day. So i hope it doesn't snow. But please, please, please snow on Boxing day.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 19:18   #5
God Member

I would settle for both days being white. My Christmas Day with my daughter is Boxing Day so that might make me an oddity again.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-11-2005, 21:11   #6
Passed away 25-11-09

We had a white Boxing Day here in Cheshire, last year. I don't mind driving on it but I'm rubbish at walking on ice (I had a bad fall a few years ago and I'm now terrified). We all went to the local, half a mile away, for lunch and we walked so we could all have a drink. I had to cling to my son-in-law on the way there and to my grandson on the way back.

We don't get much deep snow here as we are, geographically, at sea-level. On the rare occasions that we do it part-thaws within 12 hours, turns to slush and then freezes. This plays havoc with the swing bridges over the Manchester Ship Canal (it doesn't take much - Summer heat can knock them out too) and causes havoc on the roads over them.

I love the idea of a white Christmas. The reality is not so appealing.
Old 13-11-2005, 21:25   #7
Beacon of light

I hate snow......please please.....I hope they are wrong.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005, 13:50   #8
white rabbits

Me Too Margaret
Old 14-11-2005, 14:02   #9
I am Banned

last christmas day we got a bit of snow and i took great pleasure in dragging my 9 month old son at the time around to his grandmas on a sledge and he loved it too

seems only the older folk dislike snow ( 16+) coz ive yet to see a kid that dosnt want to play out as soon as they see the snow starting to stick , although they come back in pretty soon when their fingers are hurting from the cold and look at you like your daft when you say put cold water on your fingers that will be better than hot lol

i hope it does snow coz ive got a snowball fight rematch to have with a certain 9 year old that thought it would be clever to hide a snowball in the freezer and get me while i was watching TV later that week

Last edited by chav1; 14-11-2005 at 14:05.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005, 14:44   #10
God Member

Chav should I bet on the 9 year old?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 14-11-2005, 16:43   #11
I am Banned

oh not just yet but when he reaches his teens i wont be betting aginst him lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005, 17:00   #12
God Member

Thats the get rich scheme gone the way of the dodo.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 14-11-2005, 22:21   #13
Accy Goddess

I love snow when it's newly fallen and ther's no one around.
I hate it when I have to go out.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005, 22:25   #14
Senior Member+

no white christmas

but its gonna b freeze ur knackers off christmas though
Old 14-11-2005, 23:24   #15
God Member

I love it when it snows. Everything looks so clean! And its warmer than if its just icy. A couple of years ago there was snow on the ground at new year and thats when i fell coming home from the pub. Everyone said be careful its slippy out there and i managed to walk over the ice ok - let go of the wall didnt even take a step and went down on the floor and cracked my elbow. Wouldnt have been bothered normally except i was having a party on new years day in fact exactly 12 hours after i did it! Sorted the party out and got drunk again and next day went to the hospital!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..