Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: who would get your vote for next US President
McCain 12 36.36%
Obama 14 42.42%
none of above 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 18:19   #16
God Member

Re: Who gets your vote for the next president

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
There's something about Barack Obama that worries me.
Me too ... and I can't put my finger on what it is ...

If I were American I would vote McCain; I admire the guy, even tho I don't agree with all of what he says. ... the Democratic primaries have been very interesting ... well interesting in the sense that it is fascinating to watch a major political party commiting suicide in public. However, if the Democrats lose the election, they can perhaps console themselves with the argument that the US is in such a mess after the Bush fiasco, that it is not a good time to be in power.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-06-2008, 21:23   #17
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: Who gets your vote for the next president

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
bit of a straw poll , but which of the two candidates , Obama or McCain would get your vote if you had a chance to vote for the next US president .
Bearing in mind no decisions have yet been made for the #2 slot as vice-President , and being a realist one has to consider a couple of facts ,
#1, that McCain is the oldest candidate ever to run and may not last another 4 years and #2 , Obama is going to be in the gun-sights of every wacko out there. So the choice of running mate is very important
Whoever takes over from Bush will be picking up a poisoned chalice even if his party gains control of both houses.

But on balance I think that Obama should get the job and hopefully his party gains control of both houses. But I don’t think that he should take Hilary as his running mate. She comes with a load of baggage in the name of hubby.

I read somewhere that she might be willing to run with Obama but only if Bill “I did not have sex with that woman” Clinton gets a top job.

The Clintons are a powerful political family and with Hilary as number two and hubby in a top job they would undoubtedly try and manoeuvre Obama into doing what they want and would probably succeed too.
Old 04-06-2008, 22:21   #18

Wouldn't trust Barack Obama as far as I could throw him.............got to be McCain
Old 05-06-2008, 09:46   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
There's something about Barack Obama that worries me.
But what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Wouldn't trust Barack Obama as far as I could throw him
Why?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:55   #20
God Member

im pretty sure i heard that obama has islamic links in his past , im not saying that he will go supporting terrorists if elected but i could understand somone been a little cautious about voting for him
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:48   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
im pretty sure i heard that obama has islamic links in his past , im not saying that he will go supporting terrorists if elected but i could understand somone been a little cautious about voting for him
Well yes I could understand it too, that is if the voters were complete bigots and terrifically, mind numbingly stupid.
Old 05-06-2008, 16:31   #22

Neither of them, they are both Yanks.
The country needs saving before it destroys the world and the only way to do that is if the Presidency was to go to someone from a civilised nation
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 18:34   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
The country needs saving before it destroys the world and the only way to do that is if the Presidency was to go to someone from a civilised nation
interesting reply , perhaps in your wisdom you know of such a place ..a Shangri-la, an Eden on Earth , a place where everyone eats chocolate eclairs all day without getting fat and little children with rosy cheeks play in the fields all day with little lambs and butterflies . Please do tell us , we really do want to know, from where we could perhaps go in with guns blazing (we like guns , they go "bang bang" ) and kidnap someone civilized to be our next President

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 18:36   #24
Give, give, give member

Which civilised nation?

Answers on a postcard please.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 18:46   #25
Senior Member+

I voted Obama, he can't be any lamer than the last few .
I read a lot of biographies and if they are to be believed JFK would have been the greatest President; he was a mould breaker and a man unafraid of challenges, I see some of that in Obama and hope he is strong enough to stand his corner and be the President the USA deserves.
Old 05-06-2008, 18:47   #26
Give, give, give member

Such a pity Arnie wasn't born in the U.S.A.

What about Pamela Anderson, as thespians always seem to make such good Presidents?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 18:53   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Such a pity Arnie wasn't born in the U.S.A.

true , he got my vote for Gov. and is doing a good job, think maybe we will see him run for Senator when a seat opens up , will probably win it as well .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 21:47   #28
God Member

Old 05-06-2008, 21:52   #29

sorry i don t no,
but i bet he or she is better then we have got.
pam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 22:05   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I think we will have to go off planet for this one.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..