Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: who would get your vote for next US President
McCain 12 36.36%
Obama 14 42.42%
none of above 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 21:46   #76
Give, give, give member

Re: Who gets your vote for the next president

Like I said, good luck.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2008, 03:19   #77
Senior Member+

i'm actually quite racist to be honest

not on this obama issue though. i think he'll do a tony and smile his way thru
Old 08-06-2008, 09:54   #78
Resting in Peace

Like I said in an earlier post only time will tell on whether the Yanks will elect an African American Presedent, but its been reported that it is costing $50,000,000 a year to protect him as there have aready been death threts against him, it seems the KKK are not right keen on this candidate
Old 08-06-2008, 10:07   #79
Senior Member+

As long as neither candidate declares themselves as an atheist, then it should be a close run thing. Apparently that's the one thing (above gender, sexuality, race, etc) that is sure to turn off the voters in America.

One thing going against Obama is the fact that it sounds a little like Osama.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:07   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
As long as neither candidate declares themselves as an atheist, then it should be a close run thing. Apparently that's the one thing (above gender, sexuality, race, etc) that is sure to turn off the voters in America.

One thing going against Obama is the fact that it sounds a little like Osama.
Does he do a great rendition of Puppy Love Tin Monkey
Old 08-06-2008, 17:03   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Re. Bullseyebarb 's comments about him being a Marxist is also a bit strong , anyone who wants to normalize relations with Cuba gets points from me , and why the US has to be Israels bitch on foriegn policy is beyond me , all countries in that region of the world should be treated the same (maybe it has something to do with over 10% of the US congress being entitled to duel citizenship) seem to remember that when I became a US citizen I had to take an oath denying all foriegn Govt.s
I didn't say that he was a Marxist - I said he was the closest thing to a Marxist that we have ever had running for our Republic's highest office. When he speaks, I hear Karl Marx's, "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs." No, the senator doesn't give us the actual quote....rather, his version of same.

Why wouldn't we support Israel? The only full fledged democracy in the Middle East. And they will no doubt do us a great favor by curbing the Iranian nuclear threat.

We can certainly debate the Cuba issue. However, I still think Obama's foreign policy is naive.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 00:29   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it beats me why anybody would support Israel barb, 2 wrongs never made a right, but thats another issue.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:18   #83
Senior Member+

what surprises me is that they're so sure on iran's possession but they go hand in hand with the real terrorist states pakistan and saudi - one of whom is openly nuclear.

i wonder what are the odds there'll be some republican memo leaked out where obama has been "mis-spelt" barrack osama or even better - bollock osama
Old 09-06-2008, 09:36   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
what surprises me is that they're so sure on iran's possession but they go hand in hand with the real terrorist states pakistan and saudi - one of whom is openly nuclear.

i wonder what are the odds there'll be some republican memo leaked out where obama has been "mis-spelt" barrack osama or even better - bollock osama
Knowing the Yanks I'd say thats a racing cert Mani
Old 10-06-2008, 10:36   #85
God Member

To clarify about Obama's race - he is most definitely NOT black.

To say Barack Obama is black is making total disregard of his white mother who gave birth to him and raised him. He is of mixed race and should be proud to say so. The song recently released by rapper Nas ('Black Pesident' - hoping for Obama to be the first black president), therefore, is erroneous.

Bring on the very first bi-racial President of the United States.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 15:32   #86
Senior Member+

*L*

he's black and no amount of publicity will convince america that he isnt
Old 10-06-2008, 15:46   #87
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
To clarify about Obama's race - he is most definitely NOT black.

To say Barack Obama is black is making total disregard of his white mother who gave birth to him and raised him. He is of mixed race and should be proud to say so. The song recently released by rapper Nas ('Black Pesident' - hoping for Obama to be the first black president), therefore, is erroneous.

Bring on the very first bi-racial President of the United States.
Well he certainly sees himself as being black.

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela.'

Old 10-06-2008, 23:22   #88
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
none!, it should have been clinton.
I think its about time a woman ran that country because the men are making a right ass of it....
They are probably scared she would turn into another Thatcher,,,,
And that dosent bear thinking about
Old 11-06-2008, 10:21   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Well he certainly sees himself as being black.

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela.'
That's all very well but it's quite irrelevant really. Biologically speaking, Obama is not a black person. He may identify with heroes from one side of his ancestry but it does not change his DNA.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:46   #90
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
That's all very well but it's quite irrelevant really. Biologically speaking, Obama is not a black person. He may identify with heroes from one side of his ancestry but it does not change his DNA.
I think you'll find there are very few people in the States who identify themselves as black, who have a pure strain of sub-Saharan D.N.A.

Just as most people who think of themselves as white don't have purely Anglo-Saxon heritage, as was shown in the television programme So You Think You're English?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/ma.../expatres.html

We are all mongrels, and it's a choice as to what we see ourselves as.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..