Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2004, 21:19   #31
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Who Is Fed Up With Football?

5) Go out with someone who likes rugby. It's not on the telly all that often.

Unless his name is Tealeaf who talks about football all the time !!!

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2004, 21:54   #32

There's only one medically proven way to get Soaps out of your system, if you've been forced to watch too many ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dblane7.jpg (31.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 16-06-2004, 22:01   #33
Resting in Peace

HE had a pocket tv with him
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 22:04   #34

Serves him right for not following doctor's orders. He must be mad.
Old 18-06-2004, 10:15   #35

A woman is divorcing her husband after 23 years because he is so obsessed with Euro 2004. The 55 year-old from Plaistow, East London, said the tournament was the last straw.

Her husband - a 56 year-old West Ham fan - has taken two weeks off work to watch every match in the pub with his mates.
Old 18-06-2004, 10:40   #36
God Member

Man beaten with remote control after watching England

A Malaysian man who sneaked out of bed to watch England's Euro 2004 opener was assaulted by his wife who was armed with the TV remote control.

The man's wife also took the smart card from their pay television service to prevent him from watching future live soccer, says the Malaysian Star.

The 46-year-old salesman, identified only as Yap, claimed his wife forced him to go to bed early because he had to take their two children to school the next day.

He said: "She refused to allow me to watch the game although I promised not oversleep or shun my responsibility of sending the children to school."

When his wife woke up she grabbed the remote control and hit him on his head a few times before taking and hiding the smart card.

"My wife just doesn't understand my passion for football," said Yap.

After the man reported the incident to the public complaints department of the Malaysian Chinese Association, his wife relented and said he could watch soccer.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 09:02   #37

Beaten by a remote control
Press charges!
Wot is the big deal about soaps its just a bunch of overpaid ppl actin 2 b hurt
sayin that football is 2
I h8 soaps but just coz a bit of footy comes on every 2 yrs and 4 them 2 moan is wrong
Set allsoap fans on FIRE
Old 19-06-2004, 10:03   #38

Footy vs Corry? mmmm Tough decision. Give me the round thing anyday!
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 10:09   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnie boy
Beaten by a remote control
Press charges!
Wot is the big deal about soaps its just a bunch of overpaid ppl actin 2 b hurt
sayin that football is 2
I h8 soaps but just coz a bit of footy comes on every 2 yrs and 4 them 2 moan is wrong
Set allsoap fans on FIRE
I'm a soap fan so any time your ready, feel free to call rount with a lighter and some petrol!!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 20:43   #40

Inviting someone to come round and set fire to your house !!

I thought you were a soap fan.

No, I see Sarnie Boy and Wingy, driving along in a car towards a level crossing. A train from Preston is in a hurry to get to Accrington, and the driver doesn't see the danger ahead. Sarnie Boy and Wingy are deep in conversation about the latest ASF results and whether Ken Barlow is really gay. All to late they see the train approach them at great speed, and this forces the driver to take avoiding action. Alas this sets them on course to crash through the wall of the Pilkington bridge with a 100ft drop to the canal below. Quickly they get out their lighter for a last second cigarette. The car now bursts into flames as it arches through the air, only to be extinguished as it plunges into the icy waters of the Leeds Liverpool canal. Will they survive ? will they drown ? Find out next week.

That should raise the viewing figures. It still uses the lighter and petrol, but in a manner that discourages the good citizens of AccringtonWeb from setting each others houses alight.

Talk about flame wars.....
Old 19-06-2004, 21:03   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weary Tourist
Inviting someone to come round and set fire to your house !!

I thought you were a soap fan.

No, I see Sarnie Boy and Wingy, driving along in a car towards a level crossing. A train from Preston is in a hurry to get to Accrington, and the driver doesn't see the danger ahead. Sarnie Boy and Wingy are deep in conversation about the latest ASF results and whether Ken Barlow is really gay. All to late they see the train approach them at great speed, and this forces the driver to take avoiding action. Alas this sets them on course to crash through the wall of the Pilkington bridge with a 100ft drop to the canal below. Quickly they get out their lighter for a last second cigarette. The car now bursts into flames as it arches through the air, only to be extinguished as it plunges into the icy waters of the Leeds Liverpool canal. Will they survive ? will they drown ? Find out next week.

That should raise the viewing figures. It still uses the lighter and petrol, but in a manner that discourages the good citizens of AccringtonWeb from setting each others houses alight.

Talk about flame wars.....
Now i'm confused i thought you meant soap that you wash yourself with!!! And i am a fan of that...
I thought sarnieboy was a soap dodger!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 12:21   #42
Senior Member+

As i thought it could only be the female section moaning about football.It was Anne who started no ???????????
Old 01-07-2004, 13:05   #43
Apprentice Geriatric

Once every two years we have an international football competition that lasts up to four weeks and quite rightly it gets blanket coverage not just in England but all over the world.
:engsmil:
Wimbledon gets blanket coverage on both BBC channels at the same time but then it only lasts for two weeks. I don’t hear too many moans about that. But then in the main it is a women’s sport to watch.

I enjoy the football and shun the tennis because it doesn’t do anything for me. I also know where the OFF SWITCH is when the content on the available channels doesn’t appeal to me (like soaps) and listen to the radio or records/CD’s etc whilst surfing.

Whatever happened to live and let live?

By the way Mez – we don’t pay a fee to the BBC. The license fee is a license to allow you to set up a video receiving station in your home in the same way that we had to have a CB license to use CB or a driving license to drive. The government then funds the BBC and the funding is based on the license fee payments.
Read the back of the license – it states:
“You need a TV License to install or use any equipment to receive television programme services – for example a television set, video recorder, set-top box, PC with a broadcast card or any other TV receiving equipment.”
Old 01-07-2004, 14:15   #44
Resident Waffler

So do you reckon the government would still charge us a licence fee if the BBC decided to put adverts on?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 20:48   #45
Senior Member+

Welli get all the channels as part of my Sky Package and live in Germany, no liscence fees for little ol me LOL!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..