Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2004, 20:57   #1
Accy Goddess

Who Is Fed Up With Football?

Who is fed up with football. Coz i know I am.
How dare they muck about with our soaps to put some over paid idiots on in there place.
Why cant they just keep one channel like BBC2 for the daft game.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2004, 21:32   #2
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Who Is Fed Up With Football?

There's not enough footy on TV but far too many soaps and I don't watch any of them. If they scrapped some of the soaps then they would have extra money to bid for more football games so why not scrap Eastenders and Coronation Street for starters.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 22:10   #3
God Member

At least theres a point to football. I can't really see a point to soaps. My wife and daughters watch them all and what little of corry orry I have been forced to endure has been laughable to say the least... A young lad is gay... yeagh and? What poor handling of that story line. As for the farm people... new york doesn't have as many disasters as that village.

there is a reason behind football. I cant see one behind soaps other than to muddle yur brains.

I agree with you on the one channel.. stick it all on one channel (unless two games on at once) But to argue that soaps are more important..well....hmmmmm
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 23:04   #4
Accy Goddess

Excuse me Mr Kipax.
Do you see the words Soaps are more important than football?
NO!
I know nothing about football except these men kick a ball round a feild getting mucky and hug and cry and get paid for doing it.
So I can see no point in the game exept to entertain.
My question was who is fed up of football.
Not football v soaps, or is football more important than soaps.
I am saying leave our soaps alone. There are plenty of other channels.
Old 15-06-2004, 23:12   #5
God Member

Quote:
How dare they muck about with our soaps
You seemd to be saying soaps where more important.. my mistake I guess
Old 16-06-2004, 00:21   #6
Accy Goddess

:engsmil: Certainly was kipax.

Certainly was.
Old 16-06-2004, 00:31   #7
Member.

You get him lass...

I am not a great football fan and Sunday ****** me off a bit. However... It is getting a little bit too soapy.

What happened to real life and good acting…?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 05:55   #8
God Member

I am, personally, sick to the back teeth of football and the obsessives who rattle on and on about it. I note with disgust the petulant displays of violence over the last couple of days following Sunday's match, both here and in Portugal. If anything else caused so much disruption and damage it would be banned.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 08:13   #9
Senior Member+

Football is only on one channel at a time So you have at least 4 others to watch at that time so why MOAN.????????????

Come on corrie is no good at the moment anyway
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 08:20   #10

To answer the too much football question how about this -

5.30-6.00 BBC1 Neighbours
6.00-6.30 Five Home & Away
6.30-7.00 Five Family Affairs
7.00-7.30 ITV Emmerdale
7.30-8.00 BBC1 Eastenders
8.00-8.30 ITV Coronation Street

EVERY NIGHT, 3 hours solid of soaps (that's two football matches!). THEN, on saturday during the afternoon on Five there is a Home & Away omnibus, an Eastenders omnibus on Sunday afternoon, a Coronation Street on Sunday also. Add to this the repeats of Family Affairs and Home & Away every day at 12.30 on Five, AND the Neighbours episode at 12.50 every day.

Even just taking the weekday evening episodes of these tragic events in consideration that adds up to 15 hours a week of soaps.....and every two years you moan when a little bit of football slightly disrupts your viewing?!?! I wont lie - I don't like soaps.

If anyone is sick of the football then just ignore it - dont read the newspaper articles and switch over when it comes on the tv news reports. I, personally cant stand the fixation with celebraties (A,B,C,D or even E-list ones) and their banal, meaningless 'antics' - I really dont care if Britney Spears has dyed her pubic hair polka-dot, so you know what - I do my best to ignore it, I dont read the gutter press and I dont watch any of the so-called 'entertainment' shows on tv - Hey Presto, it no longer intrudes into my life and I am no longer fed up with it!
Old 16-06-2004, 08:29   #11
God Member

Its a massive sporting event and some people still moan that it effects there soaps. I guess no matter what happens, if it effects there soaps then they moan.

I agree with your sentiments.. I stopped reading daily newspapers and rarely watch news programes... why? because its nearly all bad news.. Why spoil your day reading about bad news or watching someone tell you about bad news. No point crying about it so I simply dont watch/read it.

Some people moan about things.. some people take action
Old 16-06-2004, 09:11   #12

I find it disgusting moaning about football when YOUR country is playing in a major competition.

But what i do find amazing is that there are a lot of extra footy fans who dont watch club football.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 09:26   #13
Resting in Peace

Its just as well that i have no interest in football
or there would be blood shed in our house if Anne wanted her soaps and i wanted the football.
so i'm keeping my head down while the football is on hehe
if they change the soap times to put a football match on who gets shouted at ME
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 09:37   #14
God Member

What are you complaining about Anne....no decent soap? There's the second episode of a great new soap opera on telly tomorrow night..it's called "England Euro 2004" & it's a fantasy about a bunch of plonkers who believe that they can win something called the European Championship. However, there are only 3 episodes - final one is on monday night, when one rumour of the plot has it that a spacecraft will descend and embark our fearless band of Englishmen on a journey beyond the stars. The other rumour is that the series may be extended, but most serious commentators dismiss this as too simply unbelievable.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 09:39   #15
mez
God Member

well its like this we all pay a fee to the bbc, so we are all entitled to watch wot we want & im sorry men but some women like soaps, some women like footy, so if 1 complains bout footy or soaps its their right to do so, ME i can take or leave either, give me the good old accy web //& my computer for information, keeps the brain going // over to you all //

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..