Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 21:07   #16
God Member

Re: Who should I vote for and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
I haven't had anyone canvassing at my door yet??????? They must not be bothered about my vote
As I said earlier I haven't seen a soul. However in fairness I have had a nice letter PERSONALLY addressed to me from both Gordon & David. I now know I am special
Old 05-05-2010, 21:14   #17
Beacon of light

To say that it is such an important election, I am surprised that no-one has been round canvassing for support.
We had those letters too......cynically, I threw them in the recycling. Just because a politicians lips aren't moving, doesn't mean he/she isn't lying......oh....sorry, they don't call it that do they......it is 'spin'.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 21:19   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
We had those letters too
It's a small world isn't ? What are the chances of 2 people so far removed from the normal world of Accrington knowing both of us
Old 05-05-2010, 21:20   #19
Beacon of light

that is just the point...they don't know us from a bar of soap!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 23:40   #20

As someone who is running off my own steam I'm at a disadvantage getting everywhere, not having the party machinery around me. Why not devise a way of voting policies instead. That way we would prevent the powerful lobby groups buttering up politicians. They would have to turn to the Electorate for influence, if they have a case.

Craig Ian Hall
Independent
wagstaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 23:57   #21

Well I'm struggling. I'm Googling to see who is standing for round here. I think I've been moved to Altham for voting but as far as I know I've always lived in Clayton. I've had nothing through the door, no canvassers..........nothing.
I think I'm just thick
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 00:49   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Here in my consistency in East Yorkshire we have a clown of a Conservative MP.I have voted Labour all my life and my old Dad would turn in his grave if I chaged now that I am 78.The Labour candidate has no chance and will likely lose his deposit.. so my vote will be wasted.
Do I vote Lib Dem in order to keep the aforementioned clown out? He has a fair chance of winning and keeping the Tory out.
What do you suggest?
i think you should vote on wether or not you will fund me £60 for a night out on the beer and taxi home

i vote AYE

so far the aye's have it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 00:58   #23

Aye, I agree with Accyman
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:33   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Here in my consistency in East Yorkshire we have a clown of a Conservative MP.I have voted Labour all my life and my old Dad would turn in his grave if I chaged now that I am 78.The Labour candidate has no chance and will likely lose his deposit.. so my vote will be wasted.
Do I vote Lib Dem in order to keep the aforementioned clown out? He has a fair chance of winning and keeping the Tory out.
What do you suggest?
I'd vote for the lib dems if it kept the tories out.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:19   #25
God Member

Always vote anti-tory..anything to keep the tories out is progress for mankind..always vote against the tories
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:41   #26
Full Member+

I keep thinking that my missus is having a thing with David Cameron, almost every day she gets a personally addreesed letter from him. I'll just have to see if they carry on after the election - then I'll know.
We have a dilemma here in Morecambe - our Lib Dem candidate lives in Baxenden - how confusing is that.
I wonder if he would buy a second home up here for his constituency work?

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:59   #27
Resting in Peace

I can't believe this I was telephone canvassed by the Tories yesterday, (they have my number so not effected by preferred listing), you would think they would know I have a pv and have already voted, Didn't know the chap, but he wasn't please when I told him I had voted Tory at the locals but not at the General on a matter of principle, when he asked what principle I said consult CNWAO
Old 09-05-2010, 13:14   #28

On Thursday when I went to vote I fully intended to vote Lib Dem to keep out this hated Tory.But when push came to shove and I had the pencil in my hand my traditions took over and I had to follow the habits of a lifetime. I voted Labour. It was a wasted vote. The Tory was elected.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..