Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2008, 20:10   #1

Who would be a good PM?

Ok so Gordon Brown not having much luck, and everyone loves to hate politicians, so who do we think would be a good PM ? I mean anyone....

I think we should have Bill Gates : Hes not doing much at the moment, and whatever you think of him at least we`ll make a profit as a country

Or how about Jeremy Kyle ?
Old 25-07-2008, 20:14   #2
God Member

Re: Who would be a good PM?

What about Carol Vorderman? She's just quit Countdown and she'd be really good at balancing the books.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 20:19   #3
God Member

Borat
Old 25-07-2008, 20:21   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Borat

Lol yeah why not, he can have my vote
Old 25-07-2008, 20:21   #5
Senior Member+

John Lydon.....30 years ago.Any celebrity chef would suitably fill the post these daysBono's full of righteous hot air & hand wringing.....he'll do.Who really gives a fig,country is on it's arse anyway
Old 25-07-2008, 20:47   #6
Senior Member+

I'll like to do a well publicised U turn onmy last statement & would like to say 30 years ago the late Joe Strummer would have been our guiding light.And would probarbly do a better job now,dead or not.
Old 25-07-2008, 20:56   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoman View Post
Ok so Gordon Brown not having much luck, and everyone loves to hate politicians, so who do we think would be a good PM ? I mean anyone....

I think we should have Bill Gates : Hes not doing much at the moment, and whatever you think of him at least we`ll make a profit as a country

Or how about Jeremy Kyle ?
Margaret Thatcher.............

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 20:59   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Margaret Thatcher.............
Death wish?????
Old 25-07-2008, 21:06   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Lol yeah why not, he can have my vote

great minds n all that hey Stevey babe lol
Old 25-07-2008, 21:12   #10
Passed away 25-11-09

Well, 50 years ago I'd have said George Formby; cheerful, simple and always ready with a naughty song and a good tune on the uke - he'd have confused George W and Bin Laden and he could have convinced the economists that it had all "Turned out nice again, hasn't it?".

Now, sadly, there aren't too many likely candidates - particularly the ones in situ - so I would like to nominate our milkman. He is a great diplomat and can always give a plausible explanation if the milk's late ("No, well, there were this accident on t' M6 and all t' traffic were goin' through town an', eeh, it were a long queue at t' lights). He can also be relied on to get the finance right - every other Friday evening when he calls for the money, armed with a mini-computer that even gives a receipt. He also has a firm foreign policy ("I don't go abroad. I don't like t' food").

So, it's Darren for P.M., OK?

Old 25-07-2008, 21:16   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Well, 50 years ago I'd have said George Formby; cheerful, simple and always ready with a naughty song and a good tune on the uke - he'd have confused George W and Bin Laden and he could have convinced the economists that it had all "Turned out nice again, hasn't it?".

Now, sadly, there aren't too many likely candidates - particularly the ones in situ - so I would like to nominate our milkman. He is a great diplomat and can always give a plausible explanation if the milk's late ("No, well, there were this accident on t' M6 and all t' traffic were goin' through town an', eeh, it were a long queue at t' lights). He can also be relied on to get the finance right - every other Friday evening when he calls for the money, armed with a mini-computer that even gives a receipt. He also has a firm foreign policy ("I don't go abroad. I don't like t' food").

So, it's Darren for P.M., OK?

The Milkman..............Come on?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 21:33   #12
God Member

How about that Tony Blair chap?
Old 25-07-2008, 21:40   #13
Loz

Jeremy Clarkson for me!
Love his views on the country and what he would do if he was P.M.
He would be controversial but reckon he would sort us all out!
Old 25-07-2008, 21:46   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Jeremy Clarkson for me!
Love his views on the country and what he would do if he was P.M.
He would be controversial but reckon he would sort us all out!
We voted on him being PM before Loz, he did quite well - http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-pm-35919.html

Last edited by Bonnyboy; 25-07-2008 at 21:48.
Bonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 21:52   #15
Loz

Cheers Bonnyboy didn't know that!
I would love him in power,he would shake things up thats for sure.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..