Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2007, 21:47   #136
Resting in Peace

Re: why has my thread been closed

Can't be bothered to read through all this, but at the end of the day, the girls were being extremely rude and derogatory in their remarks. Much as we all love the silly twerps, they were behaving like silly school girls and had to be treated as such .... suspended for a while to allow them time to gather their thoughts together as to the damage they were doing to this site.

Zero tolerance is what the rules should be about , otherwise we will crash.
Accrington Web
Old 16-05-2007, 22:03   #137
Senior Member+

now i know why i stopped posting on here...one for one and another for another.....ginge n mt tell em raver says good on em ....

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 16-05-2007, 22:04   #138

so other people can doe as much damage as they want without punishment!if it was about zero tolerance there would be no one left on site
Old 16-05-2007, 22:11   #139
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
so other people can doe as much damage as they want without punishment!if it was about zero tolerance there would be no one left on site
OK .. willing to half agree, however, were given lots of flexibility many times, but felt pushed their luck a bit too far at times . and this was a step too far. Stop pussyfooting them davo .. nobody's saying we don't love 'em .. just 'gals behaving badly'
Old 16-05-2007, 22:24   #140

iam not pussyfooting and no way should any one get off with calling a mod a ****** but it was out of frustration just think in my short time on this great web site that these people do contrubute to making it such a good site and it is a shame the real ****** was allowed to upset people and there post left on
Old 16-05-2007, 22:29   #141
Resident Waffler

Ah but that was because they hadn't been proven to be who they were at the time, which they now are because he has admitted it - see other thread.

Old 16-05-2007, 22:32   #142

seen other thread but why were is post left on
Old 16-05-2007, 22:42   #143
Resident Waffler

The post itself wasn't really as bad as all that depending on how you read it. It wasn't saying anything bad about Madeleine McCann or the hope that she will be found alive. It was more questioning what use it is for people to have avatars dedicated to her, in that it doesn't actually help find her. I know it probably sounded heartless but far worse things have been said on other forums so I think it just got out of proportion here.

It's now up to the mods how they deal with the posts which Tadah made in AccringtonBarbie's name, and in fact how they deal with the account which after all was misused.

Old 16-05-2007, 22:44   #144

well len as gone and stopped your thread so again no one can have an opinion right or rong
Old 16-05-2007, 22:44   #145
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
It's now up to the mods how they deal with the posts which Tadah made in AccringtonBarbie's name, and in fact how they deal with the account which after all was misused.
I wish all the posts and threads about the whole episode were deleted.
Old 16-05-2007, 22:46   #146
I am Banned

Seems the desicion is made & that is that - closed, hope u didnt get in trouble willow??
Old 16-05-2007, 22:52   #147
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Have you still got that tumble dryer Mel as we might need it on here?
They do say it will all come out in the wash

yeah I know I'll go to bed out of the way.
Old 16-05-2007, 22:58   #148

i dont no how people get banned but if the girls say sorrey for targetting a mod could they be allowed back on ?thats if they wanted to say sorrey
Old 16-05-2007, 23:05   #149
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
i dont no how people get banned but if the girls say sorrey for targetting a mod could they be allowed back on ?thats if they wanted to say sorrey
Oh dear, you don't know much about us women do you davo ...
Old 16-05-2007, 23:06   #150

seems like iam no on a warning can people go back on all my post and tell me what i a have said rong if iam rong i will say iam rong
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..