Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2007, 15:17   #106
Resident Waffler

Re: why has my thread been closed

Perhaps that was deleted in order to preserve anonymity once the person had slipped up and let it be known who they really were. I wonder sometimes if it's better for mods to be anonymous or for us to know who they are. I like knowing who they are as long as it doesn't mean they end up getting stick in real life for an online decision.

Accrington Web
Old 16-05-2007, 15:23   #107
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
Nice that you are still around, you old dog. luv you. T.C.
That's nice of you.

Mick was telling me today that you and your good lady are hoping to be at the next meet, so I look forward to seeing you there.

Old 16-05-2007, 15:26   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
the fact remains that regular contributers to the site have been banned for voicing their opinion that the moderators failed to uphold these rules .
Wrong. they got banned for calling one moderator a ******. They knew the rules and so do you. Stop crying about it.
Old 16-05-2007, 15:26   #109
Give, give, give member

It's a fallacy that we have freedom of speech. There are all kinds of laws pertaining to what we can and can't say, enshrined in the laws of the land.

Old 16-05-2007, 15:35   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Wrong. they got banned for calling one moderator a ******. They knew the rules and so do you. Stop crying about it.
i aint crying i'm just pointing out the fact that there opinion was they objected to a moderator not playing by the rules
just because they objected to something does not mean that they should be banned

i have no need to cry love but i will stand up for other people when i believe they have been wronged unlike some around here
Old 16-05-2007, 15:35   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It's a fallacy that we have freedom of speech. There are all kinds of laws pertaining to what we can and can't say, enshrined in the laws of the land.
i totally agree with you there rindy it doesn't make it right though
Old 16-05-2007, 15:39   #112

Quote:
i aint crying i'm just pointing out the fact that there opinion was they objected to a moderator not playing by the rules
just because they objected to something does not mean that they should be banned
Wrong. they got banned for calling one moderator a ******. Why do you keep saying it was because they objected? They knew the rules. Good luck to them. Not as clever as they thought are they.
Old 16-05-2007, 15:40   #113
Senior Member+

because i obviously know a lot more about it than you do darlin!
Old 16-05-2007, 15:41   #114
Give, give, give member

Quote:
i totally agree with you there rindy it doesn't make it right though
The laws of slander and libel are there to protect people.

Old 16-05-2007, 15:42   #115
Senior Member+

protect who methinks

oh yes the people in the wrong!
Old 16-05-2007, 15:46   #116
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
this is a public open forum and as such it's members should be more than welcome to express their views publicly

This is a privately owned forum and the Administrator set up the rules included in the rules is the fact that by signing up to be a member and be able to post on site no-one is to attack the moderators or staff, if you don't like the rules you can use your freedom of choice/speech and go elsewhere otherwise you have to accept the fact that it is a rule. The decisions that the moderators come to are not made on a whim and this situation is making a difficult job seem almost impossible.

If a member of the site has done something wrong then you can rest assured that the moderators will be looking for any proof of his/her misdemeanour and until they have that they cannot act, this does not mean that they are abusing power or that they should be abused by anyone that feels badly done by.

When I switched on this morning I had a message from a member 'bragging' about the fact that they have been banned, well all I can say is if anyone else thinks that getting yourself banned is a cool thing then perhaps accyweb isn't the place for you, leave the rest of us to get on with day to day discussion and heated differences but don't give us the need to start threads like this.
Old 16-05-2007, 15:49   #117
Give, give, give member

Quote:
protect who methinks

oh yes the people in the wrong!

If someone went round telling lies, and writing to the paper, saying something about someone which wasn't true, for whatever reasons, maybe a grudge, then the law is there to prevent that from happening, and redress it if it does.

The Face magazine said in print that Jason Donovan was gay. He isn't. He sued them, and was compensated. Quite right too.

Old 16-05-2007, 15:52   #118

Nice to see your all nicely still slagging her off when she can't defend her self though isn't it. You know who you are.

She slagged someone off......got banned hey ho. Least she had the guts to stand up for herself even if it was a " Mod ".

You lot still at it.......

Oh well that's life.

Happy gossiping people.
Old 16-05-2007, 15:53   #119
Senior Member+

ahh yes spreading lies i agree with but stating fact even though someone doesn't like it different kettle of fish i'm afraid
Old 16-05-2007, 15:55   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
This is a privately owned forum and the Administrator set up the rules included in the rules is the fact that by signing up to be a member and be able to post on site no-one is to attack the moderators or staff, if you don't like the rules you can use your freedom of choice/speech and go elsewhere otherwise you have to accept the fact that it is a rule. The decisions that the moderators come to are not made on a whim and this situation is making a difficult job seem almost impossible.

If a member of the site has done something wrong then you can rest assured that the moderators will be looking for any proof of his/her misdemeanour and until they have that they cannot act, this does not mean that they are abusing power or that they should be abused by anyone that feels badly done by.

When I switched on this morning I had a message from a member 'bragging' about the fact that they have been banned, well all I can say is if anyone else thinks that getting yourself banned is a cool thing then perhaps accyweb isn't the place for you, leave the rest of us to get on with day to day discussion and heated differences but don't give us the need to start threads like this.
exactly day to day discussion even though heated - heated why? because someone disagrees with your point of view disagreeing with someones point of view = discussion exactly the reason for 1. being here and 2. for people being banned
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..